Maurizio Sarri (54 Viewers)

Jun 7, 2003
Ok but we need to choose the personnel and play them every game for a few games
Can't keep chopping and changing
I agree. Our biggest Issue is our midfield. We played 4-3-3 also with Allegri it's nothing new, the only thing is we had two workers with Matuidi and Khedira. Right now we have 3 technical boys with Rabiot, Benta and Pjanic.
If we want to go next season also 4-3-3 then we need a DM, but if we want to try again 4-3-1-2 we need a AM. I don't know to be honest what the plans of the board is. Right now i don't really know if Sarri will survive this seasono. He has to deliver and win, let's see how the game against Inter will be.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Looking back, we could also lose to Milan in Coppa Italia. Playing against 10 players and only scored from Penalty. And it will look worse that we lose all of our away matches

There seems a very big issue with Sarri his tactics or his method. We are regressing. We should been able to to save our season like Bayern fired Kovac and now Flick doing good. And Barca fired Valverde for Setien

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Nedved & Paratici follow all the training sessions & often talk to the players - Agnelli is very present on the pitch. What happens to the Continassa the management sees it with their own eyes & still the belief is that to support Sarri are the management and players of the team. [TS]

- - - Updated - - -

In the event of a defeat against Inter, Juventus could sack Maurizio Sarri! [Il Giornale]

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
It's not going to happen, we are stuck with the bum.
I believe it’s going to matter, not only in case we lose but also the way we do it and what he might say afterwards, hopefully we won’t lose because that’s definitely not something we afford nor want but there’s no way Sarri’s job is safe after two consecutive defeats, if we do lose then there’s definitely something broken and things will need and have to change, there’s just no other way in professional terms around it.

Apr 19, 2007
Why he chose a weak ass midfield when we needed to boss it and dominate the field is a poor decision. We shouls have gone in there looking to control the game but instead we put rabiot on and lost control completely. I actually like him as a player but you can play those 3 in midfield and own the game. They cant break you down nor can they stop and press you.
Tactically poor decision

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Why he chose a weak ass midfield when we needed to boss it and dominate the field is a poor decision. We shouls have gone in there looking to control the game but instead we put rabiot on and lost control completely. I actually like him as a player but you can play those 3 in midfield and own the game. They cant break you down nor can they stop and press you.
Tactically poor decision
If he played Matuidi instead it would have ended in the same result and the majority of the forum would have said it was stupid to play that worthless player Matuidi.

Apr 19, 2007
If he played Matuidi instead it would have ended in the same result and the majority of the forum would have said it was stupid to play that worthless player Matuidi.
I disagree on the result part but agree on the forum part. I couldnt care less what the forum says honestly bc people constantly push for more attacking players on the field and cant figure out why it makes us less effective offensively. Every game we lose is bc we go with a more offensive lineup instead of a more physical lineup. We arent good enough in possession yet to do it. If we want Matuidi off the field we need Pjanic off to

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I've always been in the Wait and see boat when it came to Sarri since his appointment, I was hopeful of improvements especially at this stage of the season but we've just gradually worsened.
Unfortunately he has only confirmed my worst fears about his appointment. He needs to go, sooner the better.
It tells you a lot about how much he has lost the changing rooms if Ronaldo is having to motivate the team after losing to lyon and Sarri remained quiet. Equally tells you a lot if Dybala and Ronaldo (who have thrived under Sarri this season) haven't taken to him either according to strong rumours.

Sarri has himself to blame for blaming the players, taking none of the responsibility, disrespecting the club time and time again.

#StreetSarri

- - - Updated - - -

3 year project is just diplomatic words from Agnelli. A loss to merda and Sarri will be gone. We're still paying Allegri so he's coming back to temporarily help us out make sense.
more like a 3 match project at this rate

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
The first warning sign came in the prematch warm-up at the Groupama stadium in Lyon, France. Leonardo Bonucci did not like what he was seeing.

The intensity he expects, particularly on a Champions League night, was missing from Juventus' backups. To his mind, they were too casual, and he didn't hesitate to tell them in front of a crowd of 60,000 fans. When the game kicked off, the Juventus starting XI did not set a much better example. Adrien Rabiot wasted a 3-on-2 on the counterattack and never recovered. Passive defending from Rodrigo Bentancur allowed Karl Toko Ekambi to get in front of him and head an effort against the crossbar. An errant pass from Juan Cuadrado started an attack for Moussa Dembele that, lucky for the Colombia international, ended with the former Fulham and Celtic striker shooting over the bar. A misunderstanding between Miralem Pjanic and Bonucci let Toko Ekambi in again.

Despite several errors, Juventus can attribute the goal they did concede, which sends them back to Turin for the second leg down 1-0 on aggregate in their last-16 clash, down to bad luck. Matthijs de Ligt was off the pitch receiving treatment for a head injury when Lyon made full use of the extra man and scored what turned out to be the winner.

- Marcotti: How coronavirus is impacting Serie A, sports in Italy
- Inter vs. Juventus to be played behind closed doors

The Italian side is right to question the referee's decision not to grant Cristiano Ronaldo or Paulo Dybala a penalty in the second half, but truth be told, Juve only have themselves to blame for taking an hour to get the measure of Lyon and find something close to a groove. Extenuating circumstances like Giorgio Chiellini's presence in the stands rather than on the pitch and Pjanic's lack of match fitness in his return from injury only go so far in excusing a first-half performance -- zero shots on goal -- that must rank as the worst of the season.

This had been coming.

Maurizio Sarri is under intense pressure at Juventus despite needing time to install his unique style of soccer. Will his time run out? Philippe Desmazes/AFP via Getty Images
Juventus have not played well enough over the past month to inspire confidence that Wednesday's trip to Lyon would be a piece of cake, and even when they have played well this season, the number of one-goal wins (16) mean it has rarely been comfortable.

The team is supposed to peak in February. It's designed that way, in a sense: The medical staff has made more or less everybody available in time, with Merih Demiral the only first-team player not on the short flight across the Alps. New concepts should be assimilated by now, too. Juve fans don't expect to hear embattled coach Maurizio Sarri say: "I'm having difficulty getting the idea across to the team that they need to pass the ball quickly." That will wash in August and September. It won't at this stage of the campaign.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
I've always been in the Wait and see boat when it came to Sarri since his appointment, I was hopeful of improvements especially at this stage of the season but we've just gradually worsened.
Unfortunately he has only confirmed my worst fears about his appointment. He needs to go, sooner the better.
It tells you a lot about how much he has lost the changing rooms if Ronaldo is having to motivate the team after losing to lyon and Sarri remained quiet. Equally tells you a lot if Dybala and Ronaldo (who have thrived under Sarri this season) haven't taken to him either according to strong rumours.

Sarri has himself to blame for blaming the players, taking none of the responsibility, disrespecting the club time and time again.

#StreetSarri

- - - Updated - - -

more like a 3 match project at this rate
Agree and especially the part about disrespecting the club. What kind of a retarded statement was that we would have gotten 2 penalties if this was Italy.

Apr 19, 2007
I agree. Our biggest Issue is our midfield. We played 4-3-3 also with Allegri it's nothing new, the only thing is we had two workers with Matuidi and Khedira. Right now we have 3 technical boys with Rabiot, Benta and Pjanic.
If we want to go next season also 4-3-3 then we need a DM, but if we want to try again 4-3-1-2 we need a AM. I don't know to be honest what the plans of the board is. Right now i don't really know if Sarri will survive this seasono. He has to deliver and win, let's see how the game against Inter will be.
Id like if Bentancur moved to DM and we got a physical Mezzala similar to pogba or SMS. I think we would be ok if we did that. Pjanic is becoming a liability

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Tactically poor decision
Completely disagree.
That midfield should dominate a poor team like Lyon. The players out there just didn't care. Pjanic was god awful, which has been a theme throughout the season. Rabiot looked lost while Bentancur was okayish but not good enough. He should've started Ramsey though, who is in decent form.
We were late to every challenge, poor at clearing and atrocious at passing under pressure.
Sarri is the main guy to blame because it's his job to motivate the players, which he didn't do.
Tactics really shouldn't matter when you're playing against a vastly inferior team- if you play to your abilities you will win 100% of the time.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Looking back, we could also lose to Milan in Coppa Italia. Playing against 10 players and only scored from Penalty. And it will look worse that we lose all of our away matches

There seems a very big issue with Sarri his tactics or his method. We are regressing. We should been able to to save our season like Bayern fired Kovac and now Flick doing good. And Barca fired Valverde for Setien
A smart club would sack him early to allow time to turn it around. It is obvious we are going backwards and not winning the CL, at this rate we aren't winning Serie A either.

Unfortunately a smart club wouldn't hire Sarri in the first place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)