Maurizio Sarri (6 Viewers)

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Sarri boys would argue and tell you that Sarri is world class. It’s the squad that’s the problem
Isn't it? Sure we can blame Sarri for being stubborn and no plan b coach but even a fool can see that our midfield is non existent and non functional..... in short words we haven no midfield.

Midfield is everything in todays football and I know you know that...No team can prosper without a good midfield.

I blame Sarri for not changing things in a way that Allegri did every season when we hit a problem BUT we have to admit its early to judge even thou I was one of the ppl calling for his sack during the coppa game :lol:

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
we haven no midfield.
Exactly. And when you don't have midfield, you don't try to implement the game plan and style for which very good midfield is a prerequisite number one, like Sarri does. Instead, you use strengths of your excellent defense to control the game, your offensive fullbacks to create chances for the guy who can levitate over the penalty box (and you also don't sell your best offensive fullback), and your anemic midfield to mechanically link all of these guys together, since that's all this part of your squad is capable of. Like you know who did.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If he wins the double and doesn't go out to the CL against underdogs (like Allegri last season), then he would have a very good first season.
Lyon are in a magical moment of form right now, everything is going their way and things can change in two or three months. If they continue with this form, I doubt anyone could do much against them.

- :sorryball:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Isn't it? Sure we can blame Sarri for being stubborn and no plan b coach but even a fool can see that our midfield is non existent and non functional..... in short words we haven no midfield.

Midfield is everything in todays football and I know you know that...No team can prosper without a good midfield.

I blame Sarri for not changing things in a way that Allegri did every season when we hit a problem BUT we have to admit its early to judge even thou I was one of the ppl calling for his sack during the coppa game :lol:
Liverpool midfield last season was hardly wc. Henderson is not same level with Gerrard.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Watch him win the CL and keep Pep out!
Nah, we’ll pull a Del Bosque on him. Whatever he wins or does not win the guy was only a stop gap til Peps contract ran out. 2yrs. Timing.
Welcome Pep. Welcome Aguero, KDB, Sane, David Silva, fast full backs Pereira, and welcome Braun shaver.

Boksic

May 11, 2005

Liverpool seem to do ok with an unspectacular midfield. Plus the midfield when we last got to the CL final wasn't that great either.

I agree that it is an area of weakness but I think it is overblown. We still have decent midfield players, the team is massively dysfunctional though and completely exposes their weaknesses. Maybe we should play a system that limits their flaws.

May 23, 2013
Takk about high standards...
Well for his first season the standards should be to do better than the last season of his predecessor. After this season it should always be to win the league and make it to atleast the semis of the CL for the season to be passable. Just as it generally was for Allegri.

- - - Updated - - -

If he wins the double and doesn't go out to the CL against underdogs (like Allegri last season), then he would have a very good first season.
And just to be a bit more clear. By underdog I mean any team apart from Liverpool, PSG, Real or City.

Last edited:

Van Helsing

Oct 2, 2007
“Juventus were my favourites before the season started but obviously I don’t watch Italian football enough because I cannot work out why they are not 10 points ahead at the top of Serie A,” Klopp told The Guardian newspaper.

“They have the biggest squad I have ever seen in my life; quality players too, it’s crazy.

:sarrismo:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)