Maurizio Sarri (30 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Pep is indeed extremely overrated, but he is LEVELS better than the bum in charge now

With Man City now banned for two years, we will try for the bald clown now imo.
He's already putting in the ground work. An interview yesterday he was saying that the City chairman could sack him if they don't win the CL. Well judging on this season they look worse not better, and ludicrously are CL favourites (?).

I don't think City would sack him as the chairman has a hard on for him, but I could see them throwing money (and being rejected) for Klopp, with Zidane, Allegri or Pocchettino as fall-backs.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I would put a good wager on Pep coming next year if I had one. All the stars are aligned.

He's a rich man's Sarri. Has a reputation for an uncompromising attacking style which doesn't always come off. But you have to say that Pep's sides do buy into his philosophy and adopt his football - for good or ill - almost always. Sarri just hasn't got this group buying in. Pep would at least achieve that.

Questions are:

Would his football stand up in Serie A?

How much autonomy transfer-wise would he need to shape this team?

How long would he need and how long would we actually give him?

He's a coach that needs accommodating and it could take a bit of time to meet all his needs. On the other hand, the club is faced with a 'Ronaldo window' that surely won't last more than two seasons.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I would put a good wager on Pep coming next year if I had one. All the stars are aligned.

He's a rich man's Sarri. Has a reputation for an uncompromising attacking style which doesn't always come off. But you have to say that Pep's sides do buy into his philosophy and adopt his football - for good or ill - almost always. Sarri just hasn't got this group buying in. Pep would at least achieve that.

Questions are:

Would his football stand up in Serie A?

How much autonomy transfer-wise would he need to shape this team?

How long would he need and how long would we actually give him?

He's a coach that needs accommodating and it could take a bit of time to meet all his needs. On the other hand, the club is faced with a 'Ronaldo window' that surely won't last more than two seasons.
what would be the point of acquiring a coach who is famous for one style of play that he won't be able to implement here?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What makes you think he won't be able to implement? Granted that Pep basically needs total control over a few markets.
The same reason the last season (and this one) have been so disappointing. We don't sign players based on system/ positional needs. Its been well established so why hire another coach who needs a team tailor made to his strengths?

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
what would be the point of acquiring a coach who is famous for one style of play that he won't be able to implement here?
What makes you say he won’t? We can assume things all day long but it’s still just assumption. Same with him not being able to work out a deal with our management regarding having some control over transfers. Truth is we don’t know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)