Maurizio Sarri (16 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
That... and we haven’t played anyone half decent in CL yet.
And they conveniently gloss over how terrible we were in both games against Lokomotiv Moscow.

I didn’t think it would be the case back in December after the CL draw, but I have a genuine fear of us being knocked out of the competition by Lyon. We are absolutely dreadful at the moment - totally devoid of confidence and with zero semblance of a gameplan or discernible style of play.

Our defending is shaky, we don’t press at all, we allow teams to hit us on the counter at will due to our ridiculous high line and we are bereft of ideas upfront, even with all of the attacking talent available. It’s a genuine mess at the moment.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don't think he's a bad coach, i just think juve is too big for him, the fact is we have a team that is very very bored and disinterested in Italian competition and that has won more than sarri could win in 10 lifetimes, so how could he possibly motivate them.
If indeed he was a patatici hire, it would make sense, he looks to be a scouts hire, meaning he was looked at from afar and his stats were analyzed, but i don't think there was any diligence paid to the personal side of things or how well he would do at this stage.
I still think we can win despite of him though, we just need that moment, that slap in the face, maybe a red card or a convincing cl win.
doesnt that make him a bad choice of coach for a club with juve's juve ambition though?

_GGB_

Jun 28, 2006
Sarri: 'We cant be in a state of constant ascent'..

Forget ascent we are in a constant state of trwading water..

- - - Updated - - -

And they conveniently gloss over how terrible we were in both games against Lokomotiv Moscow.

I didn’t think it would be the case back in December after the CL draw, but I have a genuine fear of us being knocked out of the competition by Lyon. We are absolutely dreadful at the moment - totally devoid of confidence and with zero semblance of a gameplan or discernible style of play.

Our defending is shaky, we don’t press at all, we allow teams to hit us on the counter at will due to our ridiculous high line and we are bereft of ideas upfront, even with all of the attacking talent available. It’s a genuine mess at the moment.
At the moment our style of play is the worst of Allegri (with a shaky defence) and the worst of Sarri ball of the entertaining 'Napoli' Sarri was brought in for..

Strickland

May 17, 2019
We got 7-8 weeks to get in proper shape for quarter finals of CL and we got to improve our form immediately to pick up points in Serie A and get past Lyon. Hopefully Brescia can be the starting point

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Do you just enjoy being controversial and contradictory? Does it make you feel special? Do you feel satisfied, fulfilled, getting all that attention, or do you sincerely believe Sarri has been a good coach for us? I can stomach the former, although it makes you a sad and pathetic human being, but if you clearly believe the latter then you either know nothing about football (like a few other members) or you genuinely don't watch our games.

- - - Updated - - -

We got 7-8 weeks to get in proper shape for quarter finals of CL and we got to improve our form immediately to pick up points in Serie A and get past Lyon. Hopefully Brescia can be the starting point
We need to negotiate Lyon for that to happen. Before the draw was made, I'd have rated our chances @ 90%+ Currently, they are hovering around the 60% mark.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Do you just enjoy being controversial and contradictory? Does it make you feel special? Do you feel satisfied, fulfilled, getting all that attention, or do you sincerely believe Sarri has been a good coach for us? I can stomach the former, although it makes you a sad and pathetic human being, but if you clearly believe the latter then you either know nothing about football (like a few other members) or you genuinely don't watch our games.

- - - Updated - - -

We need to negotiate Lyon for that to happen. Before the draw was made, I'd have rated our chances @ 90%+ Currently, they are hovering around the 60% mark.
Don't worry Agnelli has full faith in Sarri

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Y, we need to improve our form to get past Lyon, however thats not that hard to achieve and thats not the end game, I wont be happy if our CL target is quarters. After Lyon much tougher opponents await us and we need to be in top top form when April comes around otherwise the season is a waste.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
somehow we still manage to win our home games, and are in difficulty for the away games. now, look at our remaining away schedule:

- spal
- bologna
- genoa
- milan
- sassuolo
- udinese
- cagliari

honestly, it's the easiest part of the season with away matches. if we can't win at least 5 of these 7 matches, then we don't deserve shit. we fucked it big time at verona, it shouldn't happen again.

Jun 6, 2015
somehow we still manage to win our home games, and are in difficulty for the away games. now, look at our remaining away schedule:

- spal
- bologna
- genoa
- milan
- sassuolo
- udinese
- cagliari

honestly, it's the easiest part of the season with away matches. if we can't win at least 5 of these 7 matches, then we don't deserve shit. we fucked it big time at verona, it shouldn't happen again.
Bologna and Milan are the tough games from that lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)