Maurizio Sarri (49 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I envy Inter fans. They have that belief and excitement that great things are to come and the team has very good grinta and is giving its all. While we have fears that this season will be worse than the last. You'd think they bought Ronaldo & De Ligt and we bought Lukaku.

This coach doesn't inspire confidence or Grinta at all. There is always the feeling that we are super vulnerable and it will all break any second. I am one step closer to the Sarri-out camp.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Maybe I'm too concerned with how the team balance has looked overall but I don't like it when they're together with Higuain. We need a better CF who will sacrifice and a much better midfield.
The biggest problem is our 4312 formation.

All our options for attacking midfielder are mediocre (Ramsey, Berna) or always injured (Costa).

In order for that formation to work, you need a truly world class #10 like Zidane or Kaka.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
3 man defence is staring you in the face now that Costa is hurt again.

All the players fit there. Cuadrado, Alex Sandro, even Ramsey can play mezzala. Ronaldo-Dybala together.
It's been the case since the summer but no. Stubborn ass is stubborn ass

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
The biggest problem is our 4312 formation.

All our options for attacking midfielder are mediocre (Ramsey, Berna) or always injured (Costa).

In order for that formation to work, you need a truly world class #10 like Zidane or Kaka.
Thank God someone mentioned this......since Kaka and Zidane and Totti are gone ... there is no real AMF emerged at least come close to those legends ...that's why ...this formation which is what Sarri only knows ...exposes our weaknesses very badly ...Allegri is a genius to hide all that ...:crazy:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I envy Inter fans. They have that belief and excitement that great things are to come and the team has very good grinta and is giving its all. While we have fears that this season will be worse than the last. You'd think they bought Ronaldo & De Ligt and we bought Lukaku.

This coach doesn't inspire confidence or Grinta at all. There is always the feeling that we are super vulnerable and it will all break any second. I am one step closer to the Sarri-out camp.
While I’m no Sarri fan, I think there is something fundamentally wrong with how we’ve gone about our transfer business the past few seasons in terms of supporting specifically the manager and building a team that can function to a high potential in all facets of the game.

In some respects it has been great and we can’t complain too much... but we had a coach who wanted a treq/CAM for 5 years and the best we supplied was Hernanes. Then we brought Higuain while already having Dybala. For a front two of Higuain-Dybala to work to its best potential we needed a creative player behind them. Or two fantastic creative wingers in a 4-4-2. Costa was one, and perhaps the idea was for Berna to be the other, but that never worked out and Costa after that first great season has been non-stop injured.

Dybala-Higgy, and now Dybala/Higgy-Ronaldo would look so much better with a highly creative player supporting from the midfield. If it wasn’t a CAM, even a mezzala like Pogba might do the trick to link our mid and create things behind Pogba.

I suppose Ramsey was supposed to be this, but the guy is made of glass, and we knew that, and having made that transfer and put him on high wages meant we couldn’t go in for Eriksen who has created more chances and assists than any player in the PL over the past 5+ years. He would have been perfect behind Ronaldo-Dybala. Or an Isco. Etc.

I definitely blame Sarri for the lack of grinta and naive defensive tactics, but just like I couldn’t blame Max for our attacking woes, I can’t really blame Sarri for that aspect either, considering we can’t seem to buy a reliably consistent player to create from the midfield.

SpartanR

Feb 10, 2020
The 3 only world top class CAM i can think of right now are De Bruyne, Messi and Neymar, but we can’t get them, it’s impossible

Bruno Fernandes would have been really good too... MU paid 55M for him.. while we pays 45M for Kulusevski...

There is others players, such as James Rodriguez, Isco but they are inconsistent and i rather have Pogba anyway

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
While I’m no Sarri fan, I think there is something fundamentally wrong with how we’ve gone about our transfer business the past few seasons in terms of supporting specifically the manager and building a team that can function to a high potential in all facets of the game.

In some respects it has been great and we can’t complain too much... but we had a coach who wanted a treq/CAM for 5 years and the best we supplied was Hernanes. Then we brought Higuain while already having Dybala. For a front two of Higuain-Dybala to work to its best potential we needed a creative player behind them. Or two fantastic creative wingers in a 4-4-2. Costa was one, and perhaps the idea was for Berna to be the other, but that never worked out and Costa after that first great season has been non-stop injured.

Dybala-Higgy, and now Dybala/Higgy-Ronaldo would look so much better with a highly creative player supporting from the midfield. If it wasn’t a CAM, even a mezzala like Pogba might do the trick to link our mid and create things behind Pogba.

I suppose Ramsey was supposed to be this, but the guy is made of glass, and we knew that, and having made that transfer and put him on high wages meant we couldn’t go in for Eriksen who has created more chances and assists than any player in the PL over the past 5+ years. He would have been perfect behind Ronaldo-Dybala. Or an Isco. Etc.

I definitely blame Sarri for the lack of grinta and naive defensive tactics, but just like I couldn’t blame Max for our attacking woes, I can’t really blame Sarri for that aspect either, considering we can’t seem to buy a reliably consistent player to create from the midfield.

A Pogba or an Eriksen would no doubt improve the quality of our football. They would improve any team they join. But without such level of signing I think we should still perform much better. While we might lack a top top tier creative midfielder but we have enough very good midfielders.. they are not a bunch of Rincons. I'd caution against requiring top top level players in every position to play proper dominant football. I blamed Allegri for that and I will blame Sarri even more for not getting enough out of the midfield (he has Rabiot & Ramsey & a more developed Bentancur on top of what Allegri had). Sarri was also supposed to be specialized in making the midfield and attack click.

A good offensive coach should be able to work around these gaps, the way Klopp is doing or Conte did, making use of Henderson, Wijndalum, or Candrevas, Asamoahs, and Giacherrinis through grinta and through tactical organization as well. Sarri strikes me as lacking in both. Its unreasonable to REQUIRE a world class player in every position as a pre-condition for success. He has a mix of very good and world class players with a deep bench he should make it work.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
A Pogba or an Eriksen would no doubt improve the quality of our football. They would improve any team they join. But without such level of signing I think we should still perform much better. While we might lack a top top tier creative midfielder but we have enough very good midfielders.. they are not a bunch of Rincons. I'd caution against requiring top top level players in every position to play proper dominant football. I blamed Allegri for that and I will blame Sarri even more for not getting enough out of the midfield (he has Rabiot & Ramsey & a more developed Bentancur on top of what Allegri had). Sarri was also supposed to be specialized in making the midfield and attack click.

A good offensive coach should be able to work around these gaps, the way Klopp is doing or Conte did, making use of Henderson, Wijndalum, or Candrevas, Asamoahs, and Giacherrinis through grinta and through tactical organization as well. Sarri strikes me as lacking in both. Its unreasonable to REQUIRE a world class player in every position as a pre-condition for success. He has a mix of very good and world class players with a deep bench he should make it work.
:tup:

I definitely agree with this, especially that it’s silly to require top world class players in every position on the pitch (though perhaps this is how you become CL favourites year after year like Madrid 2013-18 or Barca 2008-2012). We definitely have a side that should be more effective in attack and scoring a lot more (we’re well behind most Allegri years for goals scored even).

I do think we had severe issues with players capable of linking midfield to attack last year, even more so given the injuries that ravaged Costa’s season, and I see the same this year with Ramsey and Costa both being injury prone, though I do think a fit and in form Ramsey could be just what we need and I’m pretty disappointed in how poorly Sarri has utilized Ramsey when he has been fit.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
:lol: fuck

- - - Updated - - -

3 man defence is staring you in the face now that Costa is hurt again.

All the players fit there. Cuadrado, Alex Sandro, even Ramsey can play mezzala. Ronaldo-Dybala together.
this is when we remember we sacked perhaps the most adaptable top coach for two formation chump

- - - Updated - - -

When I saw this lineup before the Ajax match I nearly cried...terrible.
same bro but really i wasnt near as pissed as when we eliminated the previous season by that bullshit penalty.

you remember that game right? when Real was given a pk and buffon was sent off for disent.

how angry were you?

Last edited:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You don't need Zidane for 4312 ffs. Max used it successfully with Vidal and Pereyra.
All we need is Pele and Messi added to the attack, and Zidane, Veron and Pirlo added to the midfield any maybe a Cannavaro and a Maldini. Anything less than that would make criticism of Sarri unfair. He just doesnt have enough good players to play proper football.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
You don't need Zidane for 4312 ffs. Max used it successfully with Vidal and Pereyra.
To say we played 4312 with Vidal and Pereyra is quite foolish to me ...

yes Vidal had some duties to be positioned behind the striker sometimes ...but he was not mezzala or trequartista kind of player needed for 4312 ....

Vidal was one of those 3 in the 4312 in most of our matches ....

and I support Nedved96 ...yes you need big talent to play this position .... a player is a midfielder + striker combined .... since Kaka . Zidan and the young Totti are gone, I can't see anyone close to them .... most of the talent nowadays are deep-lying playmakers midfilders ....

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
To say we played 4312 with Vidal and Pereyra is quite foolish to me ...

yes Vidal had some duties to be positioned behind the striker sometimes ...but he was not mezzala or trequartista kind of player needed for 4312 ....

Vidal was one of those 3 in the 4312 in most of our matches ....

and I support Nedved96 ...yes you need big talent to play this position .... a player is a midfielder + striker combined .... since Kaka . Zidan and the young Totti are gone, I can't see anyone close to them .... most of the talent nowadays are deep-lying playmakers midfilders ....
Vidal played right mezzala only for 1-2 months when Pirlo was injured so Pereyra played behind strikers, Marchisio in Pirlo's place and Vidal for Marchisio. When MVPP were healthy Vidal was behind Tevez and Morata.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
The key word is confusion. The coach is 8 months in, doesn’t now his best formation or 11. The players look confused, Sarri looks confused, us fans and even Tici and Nedved in the stands.

He just has to decide and go for a setup, we’re too close to the CL knockouts to flip flop like he has all season. Time is running out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)