SpartanR

Feb 10, 2020
Juventus lineup vs Ajax (1-2) in 2019 :
Szczesny
De Sciglio - Bonucci - Rugani - Sandro
Can - Pjanic - Matuidi
Bernardeschi
Dybala - Ronaldo

You can be Klopp, Guardiola, Lippi or anyone, you cannot win with de Sciglio and Rugani in defense and a so terrible midfield
And on top of that Dybala wasn’t in form

And Dybala got subbed at halftime for Moise kean, aka 23 PL games 1 goal

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Szczesny
Can - Pjanic - Matuidi
Bernardeschi
Dybala - Ronaldo

You can be Klopp, Guardiola, Lippi or anyone, you cannot win with de Sciglio and Rugani in defense and a so terrible midfield

It was a shit line-up, injuries and poor transfer windows for midfield/defence hurt us badly, so we were never going to win CL with that squad, but we still should have beaten Ajax. No excuses.

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
I don't think that swapping coaches mid season specially so late will do any good.
Also it will be completely unprofessional by our board and there is no good coach that will join a team at that point of the season.
Only exception is if he already have contact with the club the same happened last year with Zidane and Real Madrid.

Regarding the rumors about Pep. It's pretty clear that if our board don't stop to put market's opportunities above coach's wishes non of the best coaches will come.
Pep will demand specific players, the same with Zidane and its the same reason they parted ways with Allegri.

Allegri's approach is to utilize the players he has and he was playing with the likes of Khedira and Matuidi as mid its normal not to play attacking possession football.
the only mistake Allegri did was not to able to utilize and find a formation that have both Ronaldo and Dybala on the pitch and perform.

And regarding Ajax game we lost because we had inferior midfield. We didn't know the kids at that time but we will know soon enough.
De jong value alone is higher than our 3 starting midfielders that night.
Allegri may have done a tactical miracle and we could pass Ajax but most of the time the best midfield wins.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
the only mistake Allegri did was not to able to utilize and find a formation that have both Ronaldo and Dybala on the pitch and perform..
I'm pretty confident this is never going to happen with any coach unless Dybala becomes willing to sacrifice and play behind strikers, come back for the ball, contribute defensively etc.

I doubt even Pep would combine them in some kind of total football arrangement.

They both occupy similar spaces, like the ball, neither is a natural striker so they can't play alone as two strikers, neither contributes defensively and with pressing that much, neither is a winger... They're just too similar and either too good (Ronaldo) or unwilling (Dybala) to sacrifice for the overall defensive stability of the team.

Best case scenario is Dybala from the start of 17/18 season behind Ronaldo and a workhorse CF like Mario, Cavani, Suarez, Benzema...

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
I'm pretty confident this is never going to happen with any coach unless Dybala becomes willing to sacrifice and play behind strikers, come back for the ball, contribute defensively etc.

They both occupy similar spaces, like the ball, neither is a natural striker so they can't play alone as two strikers, neither contributes defensively and with pressing that much, neither is a winger... They're just too similar and either too good (Ronaldo) or unwilling (Dybala) to sacrifice for the overall defensive stability of the team.

Best case scenario is Dybala from the start of 17/18 season behind Ronaldo and a workhorse CF like Mario, Cavani, Suarez, Benzema...
Sorry but in the last games when i saw Dybala on the field he came deep to get the ball he even track back his man and contribute some tackles.

I don't see any issue with Dybala's game. Also i don't see any similarities in Dybala's and Ronaldo's positions.
The only reason we don't create much is because we don't have the proper mid to create and because Sarri limited our long balls that's the only other choice.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Sorry but in the last games when i saw Dybala on the field he came deep to get the ball he even track back his man and contribute some tackles.

I don't see any issue with Dybala's game. Also i don't see any similarities in Dybala's and Ronaldo's positions.
The only reason we don't create much is because we don't have the proper mid to create and because Sarri limited our long balls that's the only other choice.
He does it when he wants but the issue is he doesn't want it most times, starts sulking. That was the main sticking point between him and Allegri, he didn't want to be the 'tuttocampista' Max wanted him to be.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Szczesny
Can - Pjanic - Matuidi
Bernardeschi
Dybala - Ronaldo

Lasse Schone, the guy who played for Ajax in midfield, currently plays for Genoa. He’s also not a regular for Denmark.

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
He does it when he wants but the issue is he doesn't want it most times, starts sulking. That was the main sticking point between him and Allegri, he didn't want to be the 'tuttocampista' Max wanted him to be.
Not sure what was the issue with Allegri and Dybala but it's logical in the type of football he played that he couldn't fit him in.whats the point to have a play maker in the final third when your system is completely opposite.
I don't blame Allegri for his tactics he hardly had a choice. But this year's Dybala is not the same even regarding pressing,track down and come deep in order to get the ball.
Even Ronaldo comes deep to help in the build up because the mid can't do it. apparently sometimes counter even that and that's how we lost to Napoli.
Mark man Pjanic and Dybala and we can't create anything and the only one can is Ronaldo with a majestic solo.

Nov 3, 2019
Szczesny
Can - Pjanic - Matuidi
Bernardeschi
Dybala - Ronaldo

When I saw this lineup before the Ajax match I nearly cried...terrible.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
3 man defence is staring you in the face now that Costa is hurt again.

All the players fit there. Cuadrado, Alex Sandro, even Ramsey can play mezzala. Ronaldo-Dybala together.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

They don't occupy similar space and case in point, they also play well together this season. And I say this as someone that doesn't like Sarri.

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
3 man defence is staring you in the face now that Costa is hurt again.

All the players fit there. Cuadrado, Alex Sandro, even Ramsey can play mezzala. Ronaldo-Dybala together.
If we have Chiel back probably that was we can fit the strongest starting 11 but i doubt Sarry will do it but i leave some percentage that it may happen even with Sarri.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
They don't occupy similar space and case in point, they also play well together this season. And I say this as someone that doesn't like Sarri.
Maybe I'm too concerned with how the team balance has looked overall but I don't like it when they're together with Higuain. We need a better CF who will sacrifice and a much better midfield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)