Maurizio Sarri (83 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
:tup:

Less than a year ago, Allegri dismantled and destroyed prime Atletico Madrid that were on their road to the domestic CL final. In that game, besides the GOAT-level performances by Giorgio and CR7, Max had to rely on Emre Can, Cancelo, Spinazzola, Mandzukic, Kean, Bernardesci, Matuidi, most of whom have already left the club as not being good enough compared to those who stayed, and the rest of them are considered the worst players this season. And now some people say the current team is not good enough for Sarri.
That Atletico return game was a masterclass in coaching. Then undid that by going out to Ajax :sergio:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Hell no, it was a huge disappointment.
I'm a big Allegri guy, but losing to Ajax was his biggest failure in the CL imo.
We were stronger on paper and Allegri is a tactician so yeah I did expect us to get more even by playing a super negative football..
This doesnt cancel the fact that Ajax were quite a great team..

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
We were stronger on paper and Allegri is a tactician so yeah I did expect us to get more even by playing a super negative football..
This doesnt cancel the fact that Ajax were quite a great team..
Maybe, but last year was our best chance to win the CL in quite some time, and both our performances against Ajax were quite embarrassing. Only a few offside calls and Ronaldo made the score closer than it should've been.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Maybe, but last year was our best chance to win the CL in quite some time, and both our performances against Ajax were quite embarrassing. Only a few offside calls and Ronaldo made the score closer than it should've been.
It was a shit performance for sure. Although we had a clear penalty denied us, and Costa hit the woodwork.

And going by Sarriboi excuses this year, certainly missing Chiellini and Mandzukic to injury did not help. ;)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It was a shit performance for sure. Although we had a clear penalty denied us, and Costa hit the woodwork.

And going by Sarriboi excuses this year, certainly missing Chiellini and Mandzukic to injury did not help. ;)
Of course, Sarri has no excuses either.
In his case, because we're playing such uninspired football, he will be judged solely on the results, and lately the results have been shit.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Forget that excuse. After that CL exit there were seriously some people who (unironically) argued that Ajax had better players than Juventus on paper.

@zizinho was one of them IIRC
There may have been. I’m sure I wasn’t paying much attention. Incredibly disappointing exit and all. But they certainly did not have a better side on paper, not even close. At best they had a couple players who could get into our side due to aging, declining players here. There’s nothing to say aside from that our loss to Ajax was an incredibly disappointing failure, even if they were a good side.

We’re already seeing the same excuse here though about how Serie A is the strongest it’s been in a decade so winning scudetto will be more impressive and losing it not as embarrassing lol

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
A failure against Ajax, of course, was a big one. But tbh I see no point in considering that Ajax side something like Olympiacos. They humiliated Real Madrid before those games, they were expected to play in the final after those games. They had several top players, who eventually were signed by the big clubs for tons of money (there's no need to mention at least one of those clubs). Somehow people have no problems with acknowledging that Liverpool is a top team due to the game they show, even though their roster is quite meh, and at the same time the great performance by that Ajax side is considered irrelevant and the names in the squad is the only thing that matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)