Maurizio Sarri (56 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Inter is on pace (@Post Ironic ) for 96 points. Assuming "on pace" counts for a lot, we'd have reach triple digits (or just about) to win the scudo. And that's certainly possible.

What was the highest number of points Allegri reached? Can't remember.
95, I believe. But we were never pushed to need more so it’s hard to say what we would have done last season when we collected 6 points of the last 21 and still ended up on 90.

I also don’t think Inter gets close to 100 points, though I could see them hit 90 if bounces keep going their way and they stay relatively injury free.

I’ve actually been defending Sarri in this thread today. :p

Given our plethora of injuries, our form, away game at a good and in very good form Lazio, and a boneheaded red card by Cuadrado when he could easily have played the ball first... this loss certainly isn’t unexpected nor is it the end of the world.

As I said above, I think we’ll know a lot more about the direction this team is headed in just 4 matches at mid-season. I liked what I saw today before the Bentancur injury.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather continue with Sarri than have him. Dead serious.
Count me in. Sarri >>>> Mancini. I’d even rather hire Mourinho, and that fucker is toxic.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
As long as we're doing good in UCL, I'm alright with Sarri. Thank god this poor form is coming after we secured top spot in our group. We have more than two months to fix shit up.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
It’s in moments like this where I do miss Allegri’s flexibility.

It’s obvious that our 4312 is not working at the moment. Max would have kept tinkering with the team until something stuck. 4231, 433, 352, Max was fine with anything if it worked.

Sarri, like Pep, is loyal to one style of play and formation. This has its strengths but also has its weaknesses.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Reality is we have a good squad on paper but key players are under cooked or just not available enough...Costa and Ramsey are key to any final third formation chosen. Rabiot for whatever reason isnt ready or there is something else that is a problem with him. Khedira is crap...bernadeschi has ust completwly.gone backwards....bentancur and pjanic are the good midfielders available. Matuidi regardless isn't good enough.

We have conceded a lot of goals...we have thrown de ligt in from day 1...Never gave him a chance to be implemented the way a young defender should be.

Ronaldo isn't in peak condition....Dybala and higauin both can't play with ronaldo...whether that is Sarri not figuring out how to make it work or whether it is just the way it is.

Add to this that we have a new manager with a completely new system and many new faces...did we really expect after 20 or so games in a season we would be in peak form?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)