sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
some failures for you, all from real madrid:
2014-15: semifinals, vs juventus
2012-13: semifinals, vs dortmund
2011-12: semifinals, vs bayern
2010-11: semifinals, vs barcelona
2009-10: round of 16, lyon

and these all happened including prime ronaldo, not this 34-year-old soon-to-be-retired one. it took them 5 years to win a cl, a near-perfect modric, casemiro, kroos midfield and some lucky ties to win an other 3. ronaldo is not enough, and cl is a lottery anyway.
Yup. So those were failure years of Madrid

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Honestly, any club that fails to win or reach final ECL with CR7 should just consider themselves a failure from the directorial level to players level.

Right now, it looks like the case but I hope to be proven wrong. We definitely need a strong winter mercato to bring in peak naingolan level of midfielders in order to challenge in ECL.
Fuck that shit... we've had enough of those.. win only win!

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Fuck that shit... we've had enough of those.. win only win!
Ahaha yes I take it back. Final counts for nothing if we don’t win it.

Meanwhile, just wanna five a quick middle finger to Cassano, who recently said that he thinks Cr7 is having beef with sarri.
Surprised that Cassano has the capability to think. Another retired dog player like keane trying to stay relevant. This guys career is just filled with croissant and fake sex story.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
fortunately coaches are more mature than fans. cardiff took a bigger toll on tuz than on allegri. cl wasn't neither allegri's obsession, nor he was supposed to win it with the squad at his disposal. the same stands for sarri: if he wins it with this midfield, one single proper fullback, this version of cr and without usable wingers, then we're fucking lucky to have him.

btw allegri had plans for next season, he was ready for the next year. also, countless of other coaches like guardiola, mourinho, conte or ancelotti have had sabbatical years. like these things weren't completely ordinary.
Im not saying sabbatical years are extraordinary. Imo it just shows that the man was close to empty, just like the finish of last season suggests..

and I disagree about Cardiff or any of our CL exits really not impacting him, I think they took a toll on him just like it impacted players and fans

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Im not saying sabbatical years are extraordinary. Imo it just shows that the man was close to empty, just like the finish of last season suggests..

and I disagree about Cardiff or any of our CL exits really not impacting him, I think they took a toll on him just like it impacted players and fans
Gotta give it to Allegri tho, you know a coach is great when literally all his eliminations were painful (final, last minute, or by one goal), which means we fought till the end. Even Lippi didn't have such a record here.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Gotta give it to Allegri tho, you know a coach is great when literally all his eliminations were painful (final, last minute, or by one goal), which means we fought till the end. Even Lippi didn't have such a record here.
Not only were they painful, they were also humiliating in front of global audience in spectacular Hollywood fashion self-implosion

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Paratici: “Our choice to change Allegri was not down to results or style of football. Style of football was not central to the reasoning for changing.

“We chose Maurizio because we felt he was the best Coach for Juventus right now, just as Allegri was five years ago and Conte three years before that.

“These are all different Coaches with different characteristics. Sarri showed he can win in the Premier League and internationally, so he’s the right man for the job.

“He was absolutely the first choice. I don’t know what we said to convince him, maybe he just felt we really wanted him.”
:haha:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Paratici with the disastrous mercato is also responsible for this mess
agreed. the longer the season goes on the more i blame upper management for the current situation.

Sarri is certainly no Allegri but he's probably more a victim of the current situation than the cause of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Paratici: “Our choice to change Allegri was not down to results or style of football. Style of football was not central to the reasoning for changing.
"Allegri was fed up creating lineups out of pieces that dont fit together, asked for change so LOL i sacked that fool and brought in a moderately successful Italian chump who wont question Papa Tootsie and the money"

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Idiot, insisting with Berna, failing to notice Cuad has been horiffic and shoukd have been subbed out long before red card...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)