Maurizio Sarri (28 Viewers)

_GGB_

Jun 28, 2006
Here is a season heatmap up untill november of Ronaldo under allegri last year "a good coach"

Now here is ronaldo one for Sarri up untill october (hard to find longer ones)

As you can see ronaldo is very little in the box and very little swapping sides just stuck rigid on the left side and thats the Difference between a good coach understanding how to use ronaldo and a bad one like Sarri. Ronaldo needs to sort hes own form out but dont tell me that Sarri isnt at fault for not using him right either.
They dont teach that at banking school..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
my solution to this whole problem we have would be the following. First and foremost spend a whole day with our midfielders, Pjanic especially and tell them to not only play short passes by any means neccessary. I have seen it countless times how Higuain and CR7 make these very good runs in open space and no one sees them. If you watch Higuains goals at Napoli you will see a large number of his goals came from his teammates playing a through pass to him. Pjanic, as good as he is, havent made a Pirlo-esque assist for i dont know how long, havent had a dangerous through pass for i dont know how long.

Second thing i would do is play Dybala as AM, give CR and Higuain a chance to play with Dybala in the starting line up and i would tell Matuidi to NOT cross the middle of the pitch, just wait at the back and cover for Dybala and Pjanic and i would definitely tell him to get rid of the ball the second he receives it, just pass it to the nearest teammate.

Many of our problems in our gameplay come from our players not being used to playing fast flowing attacking football. Their mindset needs to change. I distinctly remember watching Pep Guardiola yelling at Vidal at Bayern for doing those unneccesary back passes to the defence. But he couldnt help it at the beginning, he was used to playing like that.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
my solution to this whole problem we have would be the following. First and foremost spend a whole day with our midfielders, Pjanic especially and tell them to not only play short passes by any means neccessary. I have seen it countless times how Higuain and CR7 make these very good runs in open space and no one sees them. If you watch Higuains goals at Napoli you will see a large number of his goals came from his teammates playing a through pass to him. Pjanic, as good as he is, havent made a Pirlo-esque assist for i dont know how long, havent had a dangerous through pass for i dont know how long.

Second thing i would do is play Dybala as AM, give CR and Higuain a chance to play with Dybala in the starting line up and i would tell Matuidi to NOT cross the middle of the pitch, just wait at the back and cover for Dybala and Pjanic and i would definitely tell him to get rid of the ball the second he receives it, just pass it to the nearest teammate.

Many of our problems in our gameplay come from our players not being used to playing fast flowing attacking football. Their mindset needs to change. I distinctly remember watching Pep Guardiola yelling at Vidal at Bayern for doing those unneccesary back passes to the defence. But he couldnt help it at the beginning, he was used to playing like that.
Pjanič made a nice through ball to Higgy against Sass that Gonzalo tried to volley

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

Nah this will not work ...

Dybala as AM failed ...he don't have the physique to sustain AM ...

Pjanic is the only good CM , I say good CM ... that playing through passes is not his natural beauty ...

with Sarri he started to learn this curve but sometimes fumble again ... others in our CM are below average for a big club ...

if you want to read my solution for all this headache ...

scrap the idea of playing football , we don't have the tools since Pogba - Vidal - Pirlo left us ...

instead let's play against the big guys, a Parking the Bus football ...I just want a result and it's doable, next summer we fix the middle part of our team ...

accept what we have guys ...we talked about this last year ...same issues ...not a coach issue, it's the type of CM we have, all of them below average

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We are getting outscored by everyone else that's in the top 5. That's insane.
It is insane. Despite having attackers the rest of the league can only dream about. Ronaldo, Dybala, Higuain, D Costa. What other attackers in the rest of Serie A even stand a chance at being rotation options in this squad?

Lautaro Martinez is good enough. Anyone else? a single other Serie A attacking player?

and its not as if dybala, d costa or higuain look, on an individual level, bad.

imagine if we didnt have these players to throw on in the second half and bail us out? funny thing is, despite scoring so few goals, the attack is carrying this team at the moment bailing us out and scraping 1 goal wins after terrible performances through...what one might call...individual brilliance :lol3:

i remain hopeful that there is merit to Sarri's ideas. We have seen some periods of excellent attacking play, maybe if the board gets Sarri the players he actually needs. Another winger and a suitable B2B CM.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It is insane. Despite having attackers the rest of the league can only dream about. Ronaldo, Dybala, Higuain, D Costa. What other attackers in the rest of Serie A even stand a chance at being rotation options in this squad?

Lautaro Martinez is good enough. Anyone else? a single other Serie A attacking player?

and its not as if dybala, d costa or higuain look, on an individual level, bad.

imagine if we didnt have these players to throw on in the second half and bail us out? funny thing is, despite scoring so few goals, the attack is carrying this team at the moment bailing us out and scraping 1 goal wins after terrible performances through...what one might call...individual brilliance :lol3:

i remain hopeful that there is merit to Sarri's ideas. We have seen some periods of excellent attacking play, maybe if the board gets Sarri the players he actually needs. Another winger and a suitable B2B CM.
Immobile has 17 goals...more than our top 3 league scorers combined. :lol:

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
What will his excuses be at the end of the season when we end up empty-handed?

Go!

(Here's one: "We had so much bad luck at crucial stages of the season.")

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Juventus is the antithesis of attacking football. We could bring in Pep and let him sign who he wants, we would still be a cautious, conservative team.
We’re taking it to a new level in the second half of last year and now the start of this season. On pace for like 67ish goals this year. Scored only 70 last after being on 85 goal pace for the first 25 matches.

In 17-18 we scored 86 in the league. With the attacking talent we have now, I’d like to see us scoring at at least a 2 goal/game rate.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Juventus is the antithesis of attacking football. We could bring in Pep and let him sign who he wants, we would still be a cautious, conservative team.
I disagree. Maybe under Conte but they were very rarely a cautious side under Allegri and are not a cautious side now.

That this season, Juve struggling to create a clear cut chance against anyone is not the same thing as playing cautiously. We are just bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)