Maurizio Sarri (51 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
The formation does ok to win the ball quick. Our lightweight strikers can actually press because it's so narrow and they are close to each other. Even Dybala won several balls at the end of the match.

In attack, he's still very reluctant to let the fullbacks get forward so I don't know how he expects to create more chances. We did score from a move that Sarri loves, which is a ball into Higuain and then to Dybala. But that move is impossible and you can't rely on it.

If he wants to stick with this formation then he has to try someone other than Berna at CAM because this is the free player and he's just not doing the job.
Good god we all know that Costa is preferred but not fit. Also Ramsey. Berna is the only one who can play the full match right now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Can't run enough defensively. Opponent will play out much easier. The good thing Berna does is run around like a spaz so he at least gets in the way a lot.

And if Dybala somehow manages to run enough, I'm sure his attack will be compromised. I personally would try to keep him in the box as much as possible.

I feel like the answer will eventually be Costa.
Correct assessment Mike.

Apr 29, 2006
I don't care if Sarri was a communist, a fascist and a zionist all rolled in one. I want us to play attract watchable football at least. It will be December soon and most of our games have been so dull it almost feels like masochism watching.

I don't see much difference between Allegri's and this Juve. And when I say that I mean not much difference in the positive direction.

_GGB_

Jun 28, 2006
Yes we are winning... but I would have more confidence in winning 1-0 under Max and the defence we had under him.. than these same scorelines under Sarri..

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Just read somewhere that we had 7 games in 28 days. It doesn’t justify the shitty play, but I can somewhat tolerate it, given that we won 6 of those games. Sarri has do better from now on though.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
he tried bentancur there, the experiment lasted for like 50 minutes. ramsey would be the obvious pick for that central role, but he's not match fit, and being called up for the last two qualifiers won't help too much either. as for costa, he's obviously much, much quicker than anybody else in this team, still, his passing in the middle of the pitch leaves a lot to be desired, and he's not physical enough to keep the ball for too long. at the end of the mid-week cl match he saved us with a move he started at the wing; in the middle, he's not too effective yet. so at the moment that leaves us with either dybala, who's considered as a seconda punta by sarri (and rightly so) and couldn't defend anyway, or bernardeschi, whose passing is atrocious, but at least can properly press until he runs out of gas.
The answer to our CAM woes is buying Eriksen in the winter.

He only has 6 months left on his contract and he's benched by Lo Celso now anyway.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
im going to say it again, i think this might be the chickens coming home to roost after a few years of questionable transfer policy.

allegri was such a GOAT tier manager he could take the club selling his best midfielders signing market opportunities etc and having to put together pseudo lineups with unbalanced squads. good players, but players who didnt always suit a cohesive team.

Sarri is not that man. he is not going to make effective sarriball out of bernardeschi, matuidi and khedira. there are merits to the mans style of play but you need to sign players that suit it. if you dont you end up with current disjointed juventus.

this policy of seeking market opportunities, bang for buck type deals may have made sense post calciopoli when the squad was weak and we had less money but times have changed. we should be targeting players by positional and specific style needs not just bring in some good players and let the coach make sense of it. this policy shouldve ended and it shoulve ended 4-5 years ago but here we are and it looks like management dont care to make that change.

sad because i dont know how anyone can expect to win a CL like this. even with some better individuals i think the post allegri era faces a very realistic chance of being a struggle.

i hope management realizes before too long that acquiring an inflexible coach who wants to play 4-3-3 when you have a squad with 4 CFs, 2 wingers (one who is now a fullback because sold our others lol) and a bunch of holding midfielders who dont play b2b was always going to be lolsworthy.

Last edited:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
im going to say it again, i think this might be the chickens coming home to roost after a few years of questionable transfer policy.

allegri was such a GOAT tier manager he could take the club selling his best midfielders signing market opportunities etc and having to put together pseudo lineups with unbalanced squads. good players, but players who didnt always suit a cohesive team.

Sarri is not that man. he is not going to make effective sarriball out of bernardeschi, matuidi and khedira. there are merits to the mans style of play but you need to sign players that suit it. if you dont you end up with current disjointed juventus.

this policy of seeking market opportunities, bang for buck type deals may have made sense post calciopoli when the squad was weak and we had less money but times have changed. we should be targeting players by positional and specific style needs not just bring in some good players and let the coach make sense of it. this policy shouldve ended and it shoulve ended 4-5 years ago but here we are and it looks like management dont care to make that change.

sad because i dont know how anyone can expect to win a CL like this. even with some better individuals i think the post allegri era faces a very realistic chance of being a struggle.

i hope management realizes before too long that acquiring an inflexible coach who wants to play 4-3-3 when you have a squad with 4 CFs, 2 wingers (one who is now a fullback because sold our others lol) and a bunch of holding midfielders who dont play b2b was always going to be lolsworthy.
So who should we have appointed pochettino, Guardiola or inzaghi?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)