Maurizio Sarri (171 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The formation does ok to win the ball quick. Our lightweight strikers can actually press because it's so narrow and they are close to each other. Even Dybala won several balls at the end of the match.

In attack, he's still very reluctant to let the fullbacks get forward so I don't know how he expects to create more chances. We did score from a move that Sarri loves, which is a ball into Higuain and then to Dybala. But that move is impossible and you can't rely on it.

If he wants to stick with this formation then he has to try someone other than Berna at CAM because this is the free player and he's just not doing the job.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
The formation does ok to win the ball quick. Our lightweight strikers can actually press because it's so narrow and they are close to each other. Even Dybala won several balls at the end of the match.

In attack, he's still very reluctant to let the fullbacks get forward so I don't know how he expects to create more chances. We did score from a move that Sarri loves, which is a ball into Higuain and then to Dybala. But that move is impossible and you can't rely on it.

If he wants to stick with this formation then he has to try someone other than Berna at CAM because this is the free player and he's just not doing the job.
How will dybala do in the cam role?

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
How will dybala do in the cam role?
Can't run enough defensively. Opponent will play out much easier. The good thing Berna does is run around like a spaz so he at least gets in the way a lot.

And if Dybala somehow manages to run enough, I'm sure his attack will be compromised. I personally would try to keep him in the box as much as possible.

I feel like the answer will eventually be Costa.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
he tried bentancur there, the experiment lasted for like 50 minutes. ramsey would be the obvious pick for that central role, but he's not match fit, and being called up for the last two qualifiers won't help too much either. as for costa, he's obviously much, much quicker than anybody else in this team, still, his passing in the middle of the pitch leaves a lot to be desired, and he's not physical enough to keep the ball for too long. at the end of the mid-week cl match he saved us with a move he started at the wing; in the middle, he's not too effective yet. so at the moment that leaves us with either dybala, who's considered as a seconda punta by sarri (and rightly so) and couldn't defend anyway, or bernardeschi, whose passing is atrocious, but at least can properly press until he runs out of gas.

couldn't we just sign vidal? :snoop:

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Honestly, if he suddenly must play 2 strikers and a CAM, I'd rather him try 3-4-1-2. At least you can get Cuadrado and Costa high and wide on each side.

But sadly, not an option because he has to have the single regista between two CBs.

Jun 6, 2015
Would like to see 4-2-3-1 tried out, but finding the right position for Ronaldo in that formation might be too problematic for it to work in reality. I feel quite a few of our midfielders would be better suited to be playing in a double pivot and having no real responsibility to make things happen going forward. Would have the needed width with that formation as well.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Would like to see 4-2-3-1 tried out, but finding the right position for Ronaldo in that formation might be too problematic for it to work in reality. I feel quite a few of our midfielders would be better suited to be playing in a double pivot and having no real responsibility to make things happen going forward. Would have the needed width with that formation as well.
I feel like literally all of them would :howler:

:fab2:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

vs

1.png

at this rate, the whole team would barely surpass the 40 goal dream barrier. our game going forward and especially our goal scoring record is pathetic for a team that spent more on attacking players than the majority of the other clubs spent on their entire 25-man squad. 1,67 goals per matches is the worst since the legendary delneri team. do something asap, maurice!

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Only in Juventus Ronaldo turns into Matri and an attacking coach like Sarri ends up getting 1-0 wins.
A lot of goals and Juventus are never meant to be. Might as well get Mourinho next season.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Up until the Lecce game I thought we created a lot of chances and it was just a matter of poor finishing. After that draw no doubt Sarri has been playing it safe, and it really shows. He made radical changes in the beginning of his Empoli and Napoli tenures and struggled initially. Here he cannot afford that and it explains the continuation of Allegri's midfield; the fear of losing points to Conte.

I like Sarri but really disappointed with the 4-3-1-2. Clearly our best football until now was played with 4-3-3, with the exception of the Inter game were the 4-3-1-2 actually worked. Costa has to play wide and not central. Ronaldo has not been effective at all with the new system, so I didn't understand his statement that this formation would benefit him. He either has to use the international break to improve the 4-3-1-2 and if it still doesn't work just scrap it. He doesn't have time to be stubborn in Juve, this is a different animal from his previous clubs. I believe he'll adjust as his post game comments pointed out the issues we're discussing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 165)