Maurizio Sarri (47 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I hate 4-4-2 because of Capello.
I love 442 because of Capello.

In all seriousness. I don't think the 4-31-2 is the problem. In possession we manage the ball quite well because of it. The problem I think is how we get exposed defensively. We let our cbs get into one on ones way too often.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
For me all this talk about 4-3-3 vs 4-3-1-2, does not make much sense. It’s more about the personel that is on the field. Right know the formation is to narrow because we basicly have 4 cm’s and 2 CF on the field, at the same time, and you only have Cuadrado as an attacking outlet on the right wing. So basicly to many people wanting to play the ball to feet and not enough people to run behind the defense or stretch the play wide left.
If you put Costa on as a AM, we will have a guy who naturally drifts wide. Stretches play and is impossible to mark one on one.

I dont think it makes much difference if he starts in the middle, RW or LW, we just need that kind of attacking outlet to change the tempo of the game and create space for the others.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Guys like Rabiot, who had played less were super sharp but guys like Pjanic, Ronaldo who are basically playing all the games, whether it's Juve or NT, were literally dying on the pitch. First 2 months of the season has been a physical test for us, i never thought we were best when it came to stamina etc, but i think this will benefit us in a long run, to get used to this in the first part of the season, to be prepared for what's to come in the 2nd part. We have gotten the results even we are suffering, we are not complete yet and i just hope when everything is on the line, we are physically prepared, we're rested and we got our number 1 squad on the field and we shouldn't be afraid of no one. I actually can't wait to that 3 week Xmas break for our guys to catch a break and then be ready for that 2nd half of the season.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I love 442 because of Capello.

In all seriousness. I don't think the 4-31-2 is the problem. In possession we manage the ball quite well because of it. The problem I think is how we get exposed defensively. We let our cbs get into one on ones way too often.
Oh come we had the best squad ever and we played terrible football. That Arsenal game still haunting me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)