Maurizio Sarri (41 Viewers)

Jul 13, 2010
We also have scored 3 less goals in the same time period, while adding Higgy and Ramsey to the attack from last season.

Anyways, I actually like that he’s been pragmatic when necessary this year. It’s only funny when some try to suggest we’re playing some Uber different, gorgeous free attacking football lol
You're right, but we are comparing 4 years of system to 4 months.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Compared to last season, I see improvements in some parts of our game. We pass the ball around better, with our build up being more fluid and breaking out of pressure with relative ease. We create more chances through the middle. Our defense needs a lot of work, but we found ourselves in disadvantageous position since our best defender is out for entire season and we have been grooming youngster to take his place. So its not going as smooth as I would have liked. Dont forget that Allegri inherited the best defense and one of the best midfields when he took over so his job was a bit easier from the beginning because Juve were in auto-pilot mode as far as Serie A was concerned. Granted we played like shit a year before in Europe so he made our approach to the games more 'European' and instilled confidence in our players. We hit heights under Maxx and I have no doubt we would have again... In general though comparing Sarri with Allegri at this point is quite laughable tbh because Allegri accomplished so much and except our last season when he kinda lost his plot around spring, Juve played nice football and won trophies. So lets wait a bit more...

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
No. We started playing well after losing to Napoli in supercup. He introduced 4312 and we started flying from there.
No, we played really well from the start with 3-5-2 winning 6/6 to start the season, GD 12:1. Then in October we went through a patch where we won 1 of 4 games and lost in Athens to Olympiacos so GS qualification was in question. In the return leg on Nov 4th 4-3-1-2 was introduced and we never looked back.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Compared to last season, I see improvements in some parts of our game. We pass the ball around better, with our build up being more fluid and breaking out of pressure with relative ease. We create more chances through the middle. Our defense needs a lot of work, but we found ourselves in disadvantageous position since our best defender is out for entire season and we have been grooming youngster to take his place. So its not going as smooth as I would have liked. Dont forget that Allegri inherited the best defense and one of the best midfields when he took over so his job was a bit easier from the beginning because Juve were in auto-pilot mode as far as Serie A was concerned. Granted we played like shit a year before in Europe so he made our approach to the games more 'European' and instilled confidence in our players. We hit heights under Maxx and I have no doubt we would have again... In general though comparing Sarri with Allegri at this point is quite laughable tbh because Allegri accomplished so much and except our last season when he kinda lost his plot around spring, Juve played nice football and won trophies. So lets wait a bit more...
What is it that Sarri inherited and how were we not in autopilot mode when he took over?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Wat? Sarri didn't inherit a team in auto-pilot mode as far as Serie A is concerned? We crushed the league last year, by 11 pts while in cruise control and never really finding our best form after the first two months. We picked up only 3/15 pts from our last 5 matches after clinching the league and going out of europe as we had nothing to play for, stay in Europe and needing to keep sharp and we likely would have won the league by 15-20 pts and finished around 100.

Anyways. Pointless comparison like you said. Sarri's been here two months, so it's kind of irrelevant to over-analyze his time at Juve thus far. Lot's of time for that come winter. So far he's doing a good job of racking up pts in both league and CL, and that's all that can be asked of him at this stage.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
No, we played really well from the start with 3-5-2 winning 6/6 to start the season, GD 12:1. Then in October we went through a patch where we won 1 of 4 games and lost in Athens to Olympiacos so GS qualification was in question. In the return leg on Nov 4th 4-3-1-2 was introduced and we never looked back.
My God, what a game. I don't think I've ever cheered a goal harder in my life than Pogba's that day.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Wat? Sarri didn't inherit a team in auto-pilot mode as far as Serie A is concerned? We crushed the league last year, by 11 pts while in cruise control and never really finding our best form after the first two months. We picked up only 3/15 pts from our last 5 matches after clinching the league and going out of europe as we had nothing to play for, stay in Europe and needing to keep sharp and we likely would have won the league by 15-20 pts and finished around 100.

Anyways. Pointless comparison like you said. Sarri's been here two months, so it's kind of irrelevant to over-analyze his time at Juve thus far. Lot's of time for that come winter. So far he's doing a good job of racking up pts in both league and CL, and that's all that can be asked of him at this stage.
Our starting midfield and defense are worse than in 2014, especially midfield is several levels bellow. At least until we see how Rabiot and Ramsey will integrate and if they will be as useful as people think. Add to that Inter looks more solid than Roma or Napoli in any of the seasons they challenged us and unlike them, Inter is genuinely a big club, coached by a guy who has winning mentality so they could pose bigger threat.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
And yet both are better than what we had last year when we easily cruised the league by double digit points. Stop making an absurd argument that somehow we can no longer be on auto-pilot compared to prior seasons.
They'll never run out of excuses should Sarri fail. They won't admit it, but the expectations have dropped.

In the unlikely case that we lose to Inter, then of course not because our coach didn't get the best out of his superior squad, but because Inda (also a team with a new coach btw.) was some unstoppable force.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
They'll never run out of excuses should Sarri fail. They won't admit it, but the expectations have dropped.

In the unlikely case that we lose to Inter, then of course not because our coach didn't get the best out of his superior squad, but because Inda (also a team with a new coach btw.) was some unstoppable force.
to be fair, inter want to win games too.

- - - Updated - - -

to be fair, inter want to win games too.

just popped in to say the anti allegri crowd are some sad sacks. guys still going on about him.

i hope the face haunts your dreams:max: i hope every so often you are in a crowd just a glimpse of :allegri:catches your eye. i

hope the next time you have sex you look into the girls eyes and :euromax: smiles back at you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)