Maurizio Sarri (109 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
If Allegri stayed, given how Juve played last season under him, I'd be sceptical of us winning CL in 2020. Whoever arrives here after Allegri, its almost impossible to win such a trophy in your first season.

Allegri went close in his first season, but in the end succumbed to a Barca team we'd probably beat in Max's 2nd or 3rd year

If Sarri doesnt win the CL this season it doesnt necessarily mean we had a bad season
Of course it doesn't. Winning CL is extremely difficult, but it's still doable. We've been quite close in recent times and I still consider us as one of the favorites this season.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If he wins the league in his first season, its an okay season. If he wins the league and does great in CL in his first season, its a great season. If he manages to win the CL in his first season hes an instant legend
Doing great in CL without winning it? According to Tuz for the last 5 years this possibility doesn’t exist and ultimately Allegri was a failure here and not a legend because he never won it.

Them lowered ambitions though. Now that Sarri is here seasons can be great again without winning CL. :baus:
@Dru

- - - Updated - - -

And just to clarify, personally, I think all of Allegri’s first 4 seasons here were great seasons due to domestic doubles and being entertaining and highly competitive in CL with the best teams regardless of where we crashed out.

If Sarri matches that, domestic dominance, and going to toe-to-toe with the big clubs in CL, I’ll call it a great season for him too regardless of CL title or no.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Doing great in CL without winning it? According to Tuz for the last 5 years this possibility doesn’t exist and ultimately Allegri was a failure here and not a legend because he never won it.

Them lowered ambitions though. Now that Sarri is here seasons can be great again without winning CL. :baus:
@Dru

- - - Updated - - -

And just to clarify, personally, I think all of Allegri’s first 4 seasons here were great seasons due to domestic doubles and being entertaining and highly competitive in CL with the best teams regardless of where we crashed out.

If Sarri matches that, domestic dominance, and going to toe-to-toe with the big clubs in CL, I’ll call it a great season for him too regardless of CL title or no.
I'm also thinking like you , he still didn't achieved anything yet , Sarri, but ...

we are improving in our quality of football ...

now for me , the minimum is the league and Coppa like Allegri days , CL is really tough on any coach in the world , you know that ....

so if we couldn't get the CL this season .... and won Serie A and Coppa .... for me , i will be happy , CL is a bounce because this competition is fucking unpredictable ,
look how Real look pathetic right now , i don't know in March they will turn into lions .... same as for Barca and the co....

nothing beats Milan too , those suckers in 2007 , were nothing great until they are in the last 16 ...they transformed into monsters ... and they won it

and during 2005 they were slapping everyone they face until the last 45 min in Istanbul and Liverpool over turn the result by the most stupid but yet lucky coach

Benetiz ....!!!

CL we can go for it , but the minimum is the league ....

Allegri lost his job because it's a life cycle ....same like having long term relation , all fights and make up sex :grin:

Mar 10, 2009
If he wins the league in his first season, its an okay season. If he wins the league and does great in CL in his first season, its a great season. If he manages to win the CL in his first season hes an instant legend

I think the manner is important. Take our elimination in 2018 and compare it to 2019, the latter felt much worse even though we got knocked out the same phase.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017

@Dru

- - - Updated - - -

What if he wins treble this year and next year we end up trophyless will you still consider him better than Allegri?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What if he wins treble this year and next year we end up trophyless will you still consider him better than Allegri?
Better? Sustained success needed for that. Win a treble and then crash and burn and he’s a one hit wonder. Still would be a Juve legend for that treble, but in the tier below Lippi and Trap who had sustained success for years. Him and Allegri would be in the same tier for different reasons. Sarri for the brief high, Allegri for the sustained success.

Who cares though. I’ll just be happy to have had three damn successful coaches in a row if Sarri hits it out of the park in his time here, briefly or sustained.

Let’s avoid jinxing this though, k. ;)

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Wow jesus! I just got back from a really long ban. Guys, please learn from my mistake and do not post overly aggressive negative remarks on any player or staffs.

I got banned because I posted a really bad remark about how Allegri is to blame for our Ajax defeat and also of course my hate for how slow/useless khedira was.

It has been 6 months since, and
1) allegri has parted way for Sarri. Yay
2) khedira is still here but has been performing at least at Nicky Butt standard. So can’t complain too much.

Overall, very good to be back and glad to be reading meltdowns and takedowns on tuz!

Forza Juve and Forza Sarri !

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Wow jesus! I just got back from a really long ban. Guys, please learn from my mistake and do not post overly aggressive negative remarks on any player or staffs.

I got banned because I posted a really bad remark about how Allegri is to blame for our Ajax defeat and also of course my hate for how slow/useless khedira was.

2) khedira is still here but has been performing at least at Nicky Butt standard. So can’t complain too much.

Overall, very good to be back and glad to be reading meltdowns and takedowns on tuz!

Welcome back, we missed you!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

were your posts baseless conclusions?

if so, you didn’t wait long enough for sound judgement and we are all screwed

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I honestly thought that our win-loss record would be worse to start the season, considering the major shift in philosophy, coupled with the amount of injuries suffered.

For this team not to have a single loss yet, while still learning how to play under the new manager, is pretty encouraging. Then again, my main complaint about Sarri was his comportment more than anything else

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
were your posts baseless conclusions?
@sgjuveboy posts nothing but factual description of events :hihi:

I am enjoying this forum page a lot. Here we have a very good summary:

-Khedira made a freeloading career out of riding on word class teammates capability.

-because of khedira’s ‘international resume’, Marchisio (prince of juve) has been continuously overlooked and hence did not reach the highest potential

-whenever Khedira plays, it is like our football has been poisoned by negative energy and creativity has been devoured by his insistence to kill football as a sport.

-lemina, perrrerya, padoin, or sturaro would easily have a bettter impact on our team than khedira

-other than having a hot wife, Khedira’s life is not a life worth living. He seems to be a guy that would make 6mil a year but chooses to drive a prius.

-khedira is a bad example for kids. Who would want their kid to play in a top team and specializes in making backward passes devoid of risk in front of national audience? Only Khedira’s ancestors would.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I honestly thought that our win-loss record would be worse to start the season, considering the major shift in philosophy, coupled with the amount of injuries suffered.

For this team not to have a single loss yet, while still learning how to play under the new manager, is pretty encouraging. Then again, my main complaint about Sarri was his comportment more than anything else
i think maurice may have learned from his chelsea stint

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)