Maurizio Sarri (215 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Theres a lot of nice passing, but we look so exposed at the back.
Sarri’s style certainly has a price. Im afraid its a high risk game against certain CL contenders who push a lot of bodies forward.
We looked best this season when playing CL calibre teams in Napoli, Atletico and Inter. We did concede goals in those games, but many were individual errors, not a consequence of us getting countered in numbers

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
We looked best this season when playing CL calibre teams in Napoli, Atletico and Inter. We did concede goals in those games, but many were individual errors, not a consequence of us getting countered in numbers
Really? Even yesterday we get countered and so many one on one situations arise.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Theres a lot of nice passing, but we look so exposed at the back.
Sarri’s style certainly has a price. Im afraid its a high risk game against certain CL contenders who push a lot of bodies forward.
So far, we tended to play more conservatively against bigger teams and CL level ones esp in first half before attacking more in second if we weren't in the lead already. And we did so without losing balance. Leverkusen and inter games perfect examples.

I also dont a lot of nice passing bit. There have been sporadic triagles and 1-2s and a lot of nice counterattacks (yes, all sight for sore eyes), but it's still a work in progress.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Right now the big difference is Chiellini vs. MDL. Because MDL is nowhere near his level right now and has directly cost us many goals already and put us in bad situations almost every game.

So once MDL progresses, it'll be a bit easier to compare what our defensive situation is like.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Really? Even yesterday we get countered and so many one on one situations arise.
Well we play more through the middle so we are going to loose the ball in more dangerous areas when we loose possesion, however I dont think it have been a problem the last 5-6 matches. The problem yesterday was countless concentration mistakes, which has nothing to do with the system or playing style.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We are getting there, sarriball will really help us with our fitness levels.
This swift backpassing is extremely tiring to keep the pressure on, for our adversaries

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Yes, there is a list of names and Sarri doesn't make it anywhere on it

But it doesn't matter what I think
Care to provide one or two? I can't think of a single coach who could come in and in his first season I'd be like "yeah, Juve is probably winning CL this season". Apart from Zidane in Madrid I cant think of another example of that happening

- - - Updated - - -

I think we've looked better against the bigger sides this season. Against Atletico we conceded on standard situations not counters f.e. and we didnt look as vulnerable against them compared to Bologna.

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Is there a coach out there under whom you wouldnt be sceptical of Juve winning CL this season?
If you put Klopp in charge of this group of players, we are clear favourites for the CL. In my opinion, we have a better squad than Liverpool (a team that reached the last two finals). Klopp is the best manager in the world in my eyes.

People rave about Guardiola but his record in the Champions League ever since he left Barcelona has been very questionable. He had some stacked squads at Bayern and City, but still no final since 2011.

Sarri is a very good but not top tier manager, about the same level as Tuchel. I’m by no means confident that we’ll win the CL but I do believe that he can do it.

I actually rate Sarri higher than Kovac and Valverde, so on the positive side, we have a better manager than at least two of our CL rivals.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If you put Klopp in charge of this group of players, we are clear favourites for the CL. In my opinion, we have a better squad than Liverpool (a team that reached the last two finals). Klopp is the best manager in the world in my eyes.

People rave about Guardiola but his record in the Champions League ever since he left Barcelona has been very questionable. He had some stacked squads at Bayern and City, but still no final since 2011.

Sarri is a very good but not top tier manager, about the same level as Tuchel. I’m by no means confident that we’ll win the CL but I do believe that he can do it.

I actually rate Sarri higher than Kovac and Valverde, so on the positive side, we have a better manager than at least two of our CL rivals.
There is no such thing.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

How many seasons did it take Klopp to have Pool at this level? We wouldnt be CL favorites in his first season, no way

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It took Klopp four years to win a trophy. This in a league with two cup competitions.

Liverpool have also gradually improved the playing squad with quality signings year on year. I'm sure Klopp realises what good backing he has, but it's a good partnership because Liverpool fans like this kind of interactive coach. I still think he's tactically quite inflexible, but the aggressive style of play and quality at either end of the field means that it often doesn't matter.

I'd actually really like to see Klopp in Serie A, he's won a CL so can dodge most questions by default, but we'd see other sides to his coaching.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I know it's still early in the season and I was one of those "wait and see" rather than attacking Sarri from day 1, I got to say that we've taken to his approach a lot quicker than I anticipated. We're far from the finished article in terms of full adapting to his style but when I look at other teams like milan and roma who tried/trying to adopt a more attacking approach and failed/failing somewhat we're doing a really good job.

Perhaps it helps that the quality of players we have can adapt better than that of say roma and milan but it's hard to argue against Sarri's appointment at this stage.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Not saying I agree with Neddy, but we do have a much better team than Pool had when Kloppo took over.

Imo we are among the CL favorites and that has been the case since 2015.
If Allegri stayed, given how Juve played last season under him, I'd be sceptical of us winning CL in 2020. Whoever arrives here after Allegri, its almost impossible to win such a trophy in your first season.

Allegri went close in his first season, but in the end succumbed to a Barca team we'd probably beat in Max's 2nd or 3rd year

If Sarri doesnt win the CL this season it doesnt necessarily mean we had a bad season

Mar 10, 2009
If Allegri stayed, given how Juve played last season under him, I'd be sceptical of us winning CL in 2020. Whoever arrives here after Allegri, its almost impossible to win such a trophy in your first season.

Allegri went close in his first season, but in the end succumbed to a Barca team we'd probably beat in Max's 2nd or 3rd year

If Sarri doesnt win the CL this season it doesnt necessarily mean we had a bad season

It depends how far we go and the manner we go out.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sarri 'proud' to coach Ronaldo
By Football Italia staff

Maurizio Sarri says it is “a source of satisfaction and pride” to coach Cristiano Ronaldo at Juventus but confirms Aaron Ramsey will miss Lokomotiv Moscow.
Ronaldo spoke of his fondness at working under Sarri, whom he appeared alongside at Juve’s Lokomotiv Press conference on Monday, and the Coach returned the favour.
“The trap is playing against a team who are having a great season,” warned the 60-year-old.
“They’ve put themselves in a good position in the Champions League, and that means this team are better than what everyone expected.
“We must have great respect for them and be very calm in the 90 minutes. It’ll be difficult.
“Dybala and Higuain are both fine. Anyone who plays will do so with the right peace of mind.
“Coaching Ronaldo, for me, is a source of satisfaction and pride. He has an extraordinary mentality and knows how to impose objectives on himself and the team.
“When he scored his 700th goal, he was thinking about his 800th. I think that’s important for all of us who are close to him because it’s contagious.
“He makes me understand that the difference lies is in the mentality: he has something more.”
However, no chances will be taken over Ramsey who has been missing since the international break.
“He has no problem with his muscle, tests came up negative. Under stress in training, however, he always has this feeling of fatigue in his thigh and that can be a sign of risk, so he’s working to strengthen his muscle so as not to feel these sensations.
“Danilo’s been training for a few days. I have some doubts about the fact that he can play for 90 minutes, but he’s fine.”
Adrien Rabiot’s future continues to be the subject of speculation, but Sarri has been encouraged by the midfielder’s attitude.
“Playing regularly helps every player. When there are squads as big as ours, however, it’s difficult for everyone.
“The most positive aspect about him is that he went a month without playing but returned to the field and improved.
“He can also grow during training and I'm happy about that. "

GOAT of baseless conclusions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 207)