Maurizio Sarri (238 Viewers)

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Not many people are talking about how good Sandro has been or Cuads or Costa before his injury. Crazy, even Dybala looked good today, Higuain suddenly shaved off a couple years of his life as well.

Defense will be sorted soon enough.
Yep, nothing get in the middle of their thinking process, Sarri is bad and nothing else matters...

I'd say Lucky Sami is also in that list, I think so far we scored like 6 goals and concede nothing so far with him in the field

Buy on AliExpress.com

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Sarri need to have backup plan for his gameplay. It seems Fio and Verona already figure it out. Both of them press high and man mark our players so our players do lots of misplaced passes.

Our CM need to be more technical to release the man mark and get the advantage, Rabiot would be ideal. Long Ball should be utilized also. But the problem is we dont have Striker as target man to become target, hold the ball.

It looks like our squad lack winger depth and fullback. If Sarri's plan is true for Berna as CM. Our true winger depth would only Costa, Ronaldo, Cuadrado. And if we count Cuadrado as winger, our fullback would only Danilo, Sandro, De Sciglio (injured).

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
4 games 10 points in Seria A, and a draw away to ATM, is a good start to the season, considering we are trying to change a lot of the mechanisism in our way of playing.

There has been some nice displays as the match against Napoli and Atletico and some ugly games as the Fiorentina and Verona match. Still there are some very encouraging signs in our overall gameplay, and I think that we are going to be hard to beat later in the season.

No need to panic.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Sarri need to have backup plan for his gameplay. It seems Fio and Verona already figure it out. Both of them press high and man mark our players so our players do lots of misplaced passes.

Our CM need to be more technical to release the man mark and get the advantage, Rabiot would be ideal. Long Ball should be utilized also. But the problem is we dont have Striker as target man to become target, hold the ball.

It looks like our squad lack winger depth and fullback. If Sarri's plan is true for Berna as CM. Our true winger depth would only Costa, Ronaldo, Cuadrado. And if we count Cuadrado as winger, our fullback would only Danilo, Sandro, De Sciglio (injured).
Maybe that's why we see Cuadrado with more gametime right now (not counting the injury to Costa).

You forgot the always inured Pjaca he is still with us.

On fullbacks our depth is 0. Loaning Pellegrini out was bad idea.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Sarriball was 2 years ago with Napoli. With a totally different set of players, with characteristics more suited to quick-passing and pressing football. And he didn’t win anything with that style either.
Credit is still due for that Napoli season, I reckon. He was a bee's dick away from the Scudetto against a Juve with double the resources available to it. And the quality of those resources were frankly far better as well. To push that Juve that hard was a noteworthy achievement.

As for the difference in players, I'd say there are some parallels to be drawn. Pjanic with Jorginho, (maybe) Rabiot with Allan, Ramsay with Hamsik. There's nothing Insigne can do that Ronny can't. He has a slightly diminished Higuain and a false 9 option in Dybala ala Mertens and plenty of different options for the spot left on the wing. I'd dare say that Bernardeschi could be our Zielinski - Allegri tried him out in a similar role last season. Apart for Danilo, our defense is plainly better.

Those players all have the technical and physical qualities to play a similar style as that Napoli side. It's just a matter of getting them on the park together. The players that aren't suited to Sarri's football are Matuidi, Can and Bentancur. They form a kind of glut. We really only need one of them and about two more Ramsey-types. I still believe in Bentancur's potential but as a holding mid only. Seeing Pjanic - Bentancur - Ramsey would make so much more sense.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Credit is still due for that Napoli season, I reckon. He was a bee's dick away from the Scudetto against a Juve with double the resources available to it. And the quality of those resources were frankly far better as well. To push that Juve that hard was a noteworthy achievement.

As for the difference in players, I'd say there are some parallels to be drawn. Pjanic with Jorginho, (maybe) Rabiot with Allan, Ramsay with Hamsik. There's nothing Insigne can do that Ronny can't. He has a slightly diminished Higuain and a false 9 option in Dybala ala Mertens and plenty of different options for the spot left on the wing. I'd dare say that Bernardeschi could be our Zielinski - Allegri tried him out in a similar role last season. Apart for Danilo, our defense is plainly better.

Those players all have the technical and physical qualities to play a similar style as that Napoli side. It's just a matter of getting them on the park together. The players that aren't suited to Sarri's football are Matuidi, Can and Bentancur. They form a kind of glut. We really only need one of them and about two more Ramsey-types. I still believe in Bentancur's potential but as a holding mid only. Seeing Pjanic - Bentancur - Ramsey would make so much more sense.
Ffs. We were competing for three competitions and went all in on the CL, where Napoli gave everything up for the scudetto. He’s not a great coach. Just stop.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

He does deserve credit for 17/18 he pushed that Juve side all the way and that Juve side had a much better coach.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Ffs. We were competing for three competitions and went all in on the CL, where Napoli gave everything up for the scudetto. He’s not a great coach. Just stop.
Stop? I never said he was great. I just think he showed his potential that season. I think he has potential to win with Juve and that might not necessarily require greatness on his part.

The main gripe against him is that he hasn't won anything (important). Yet he came very, very close to beating us that season. By extension it's fair to say that he's shown how close to the mark of what you would consider a worthy manager he is. If you think Allegri was fantastic that season, then take two points off Allegri and take about quarter of his squad away and you have Sarri. He fell short, but it was an achievement just like Allegri's second places in the CL were achievements.

It's a highly specious premise for disliking him. As if he had Real Madrid or Barca at their peaks and completely flopped. It should go without saying (but apparently it needs repeating) that not every manager has to have won titles to be eligible for top positions. All that's required are indications that they can improve sides under their management and he's done exactly that at every club he's worked for. Improving this Juve does mean that going deep in CL and winning the scudetto are now basic requirements that until now were rightly not demanded of him.

To chastise him for not having won with Napoli is way too harsh. If you can appreciate Pochettino for his work at Spurs for example, then why can't you appreciate Sarri for what he's done in his career as well? People were promoting Gasperini as a manager worth punting on ffs. But Sarri, for some reason, is the devil incarnate to so many on this forum. I don't get the logic.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Sarri: "What Rabiot must be thinking? That Matuidi is very strong."
Lol he's such a troll.

Matuidi have always been > Rabiot and Matuidi > Rabiot for France. But for some reason Matuidi being seen as the better player with us is supposed to be surprising.

Been enjoying Sarri trolling these supporters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 234)