Maurizio Sarri (12 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I dont think his unapologetic bluntness will be appriciated by the management lol (PR fluff is more their style), was the same in Napoli. He was 100% right in everything he said after the game, clarified that its completely out of his hands, and the limitation of registering for CL due to lack of homegrown (Gee, it was so smart nnot keeping the only quality home grown player we produced in 13 years...), leads to absolute desperation to sell players to adjust.
He is the opposite of Allegri who was always cool and sarcastic in his press conferences revealing little, at least up until the very end.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Allegri was too calm and collected majority of the time, model behaviour and approach. That is except for occasions like near end when he completely lost it and went childish alpha dog mode on that tv journalist with outright feud :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Allegri was too calm and collected majority of the time, model behaviour and approach. That is except for occasions like near end when he completely lost it and went childish alpha dog mode on that tv journalist with outright feud :D
:agree:

One of the biggest reasons it was time for him to go. He started allowing journalists and media to get in his head and effect him in ways it hadn’t in his first four years here, and it seemed to reflect even on the pitch last year unfortunately.

Still disagree with the Sarri hiring as it’s a big downgrade imo.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
@Post Ironic

from the same interview:

“Usually, I don’t start seasons well. Aside from Chelsea, where I think I set a record for going unbeaten at the start of a Premier League career, in Italy I always struggled in the early weeks.”

already finding excuses. somebody tell him asap that he's not coaching napoli anymore.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Post Ironic

from the same interview:

“Usually, I don’t start seasons well. Aside from Chelsea, where I think I set a record for going unbeaten at the start of a Premier League career, in Italy I always struggled in the early weeks.”

already finding excuses. somebody tell him asap that he's not coaching napoli anymore.
It’s disheartening that the season hasn’t even started and he’s already making excuses for a potential poor start and blaming management to the media for the squad he will have at his disposal (even if management has made a hash of it since buying De Ligt).

Anyways. Results on the pitch will speak loudest. So I want to see how we do in CL group stage.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
It’s disheartening that the season hasn’t even started and he’s already making excuses for a potential poor start and blaming management to the media for the squad he will have at his disposal (even if management has made a hash of it since buying De Ligt).

Anyways. Results on the pitch will speak loudest. So I want to see how we do in CL group stage.
Let us give pep a chance

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I have to say that I really do like his attack minded philosophy.

That high back line, however. If we had pure athletes back there, I wouldn't mind so much.

But instead we have Desciglio as part of our back 4. I mean. Really now.

We desperately need either a true DM or a box to box with the work rate of 25 year old Arturo, because this high backline shit isn't going to work.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
@Post Ironic

from the same interview:

Slow down my man! Who says you can't celebrate 2nd places?!

Jokes aside, i don't really care if we have a good start or not. I'm not even expecting a good start, but we should have more than enough quality to grind out consistent results throughout the season to still lift the scudetto in the end.

If not - street.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
This old fart doesnt help with his comments.
He should just shut his mouth, work much harder to fix everything about the team and let Parstici and Nedved do their job.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
You do realize that the problem is right there.
Yeah right. He has world class team at his disposal thanks to Paratici and Nedved and yet he cant win a fucking friendly.
That bad thing about having such a big squad is thr balance of the books, but that doesnt have anything to do with him and the choices he makes on the field.

These guys have a difficult job, and comments like that doesnt help them at all.

Mar 3, 2014

I don’t see any complaining. He’s being honest and direct. I like it. He doesn’t need to bullshit us. People need to give the guy a chance instead of looking for every single negative angle possible. We all wanted Guardiola but we got a coach who is well regarded by many including Guardiola. He is transforming how we play and much of the team have been there for only a couple of weeks. I think we can reserve judgement for a few months. If you told me to start analyzing equities instead of bonds, it would take me some time to adapt. I liked what I saw today, and they’ll improve every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yeah right. He has world class team at his disposal thanks to Paratici and Nedved and yet he cant win a fucking friendly.
That bad thing about having such a big squad is thr balance of the books, but that doesnt have anything to do with him and the choices he makes on the field.

These guys have a difficult job, and comments like that doesnt help them at all.
But I was talking about Nexved and Paratici doing their job.

Doing :lol2:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

I don’t see any complaining. He’s being honest and direct. I like it. He doesn’t need to bullshit us. People need to give the guy a chance instead of looking for every single negative angle possible. We all wanted Guardiola but we got a coach who is well regarded by many including Guardiola. He is transforming how we play and much of the team have been there for only a couple of weeks. I think we can reserve judgement for a few months. If you told me to start analyzing equities instead of bonds, it would take me some time to adapt. I liked what I saw today, and they’ll improve every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, it’s absolutely retarded to talk about needing to offload 6 players in the next 2-3 weeks and how embarrassing that is. That really makes it easier taking a loudspeaker and blaring it in the media. :baus:

Dude should stfu and coach this team, not whine about the transfer market to the media.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Holy fuck.

Some of you make it sound like he spilled a national secret.

The whole fucking world, including tuz knew that already.

Just a few days ago there was a detailed tweet explaining how many player meet the homegrown quota, how many we can register in Serie A / CL and so on.

But hey, companies worth half a billion out there did not know this. They just found out from our coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)