Maurizio Sarri (27 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
@Post Ironic

from the same interview:

“Usually, I don’t start seasons well. Aside from Chelsea, where I think I set a record for going unbeaten at the start of a Premier League career, in Italy I always struggled in the early weeks.”

already finding excuses. somebody tell him asap that he's not coaching napoli anymore.

He is just antagonizing people. Dont read into it. He probably expects to steam roll teams with the squad at his disposal.

On another note, i am amazed how drastic the changes in our offence seem. look at how many chances we created and how we moved the ball today. I can't wait to see us in 6 months. We were pinning them back like Madrid used to pin teams back when they had Figo and Zidane. I was really impressed. Douglas Costa looks reborn

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Holy fuck.

Some of you make it sound like he spilled a national secret.

The whole fucking world, including tuz knew that already.

Just a few days ago there was a detailed tweet explaining how many player meet the homegrown quota, how many we can register in Serie A / CL and so on.

But hey, companies worth half a billion out there did not know this. They just found out from our coach.
True, he just said what the rest of us were thinking.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
i like the ball movement in the attack part. but boom suddenly we get counterattacks like 4 players against 2 or 3.. hope he solves this and find balance. but it will take time!

rainhard

May 5, 2004
All Sarri say is, he needs to know the 22 list of players ASAP, because if he prepare something and suddenly the player gone then it goes to waste

We dont have clear idea who's in and whos out.All depends on what bid come and even Dybala is not untouchable. For our old and overpaid we dont have suitors and it is really hard to sell (Khedira, Matuidi, Higuain, Mandzukic)

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

I don’t see any complaining. He’s being honest and direct. I like it. He doesn’t need to bullshit us. People need to give the guy a chance instead of looking for every single negative angle possible. We all wanted Guardiola but we got a coach who is well regarded by many including Guardiola. He is transforming how we play and much of the team have been there for only a couple of weeks. I think we can reserve judgement for a few months. If you told me to start analyzing equities instead of bonds, it would take me some time to adapt. I liked what I saw today, and they’ll improve every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. Fuk what he says. The club doesnt care so why should i?

What i really care is how we fare on the field and today i was very exicted about what i was seeing. Refreshing.

Allegri was a gentleman in his interviews, but what for? His gameplay every weekend was napolitan trash tier the last season.

As long as sarri brings the gameplay and the results, he can smoke and say whatever he wants. Thats the board problem. And if he doesnt deliver, street and find a replacement.

Simple

Last edited:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
He's being upfront. The bloke doesn't suffer fools, and he doesn't intend on being made to look like one either. Serie A coaches have no control over the market and the management are leaving a nice warm pile of shit in his lap. That was an honest response to a question.

Watching the team actually play (without bias) you would notice we're playing to win. And it's not as though he is the anti-defence. His Napoli sides were not just offsetting the leaking of goals with more goals. They were a balanced side, all in all.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It was a very sad moment.
We knew it, but now it is openly admitted that we have problems selling and we need to, in fact we are desperate...
Also that we are ready to make sacrifices, starter level sacrifices and tolerate the trash he would discard.
Players, managers and teams we will negotiate with, will now have all the leverage...
He said that because this plays a huge role to our decisions and to be clear that he is not participating and holds no responsibility.
He is frustrated that he cannot make his final calls upon the new system and core players, as long as anyone can go at any moment.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
As with every coach, I will pass my judgment after 10-15 rounds. How he fares by the end of May is the most important though. Objectives should be clear enough. No discounts.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
@Post Ironic

from the same interview:

“Usually, I don’t start seasons well. Aside from Chelsea, where I think I set a record for going unbeaten at the start of a Premier League career, in Italy I always struggled in the early weeks.”

already finding excuses. somebody tell him asap that he's not coaching napoli anymore.
Don’t encourage him lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Man he really laid out our transfers issues for the world to see :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

It was a very sad moment.
We knew it, but now it is openly admitted that we have problems selling and we need to, in fact we are desperate...
Also that we are ready to make sacrifices, starter level sacrifices and tolerate the trash he would discard.
Players, managers and teams we will negotiate with, will now have all the leverage...
He said that because this plays a huge role to our decisions and to be clear that he is not participating and holds no responsibility.
He is frustrated that he cannot make his final calls upon the new system and core players, as long as anyone can go at any moment.
Yeah but he was also crystal clear to the players trying to stay: leave now or no CL football for you. What’s important to the players I guess is the focus

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Lol his comments must have shocked our mgt. I kinda like it. But we have all known that we need to get rid of several players. Telling it openly like this was unusual and its a dig at people in charge of transfer. Paratici and Nedved must be livid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)