Maurizio Sarri (42 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i dont like the man tbh, but pretty excited.

he has a great team at his disposable. full of grinta, experienced players, technical and pacey players, and god like machine of a player in attack.

i think we are in for a treat. i think a lot of people are underrating how strong of a team we have now. even last season we did, but needed change in mentality mostly

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
"The addition of Matthijs de Ligt is exciting: The former Napoli boss was made aware of Juve's pursuit in early discussions and is confident he will help the Netherlands international fulfil his potential as a top-level defender.

The 19-year-old's settling-in time will be short, though, and there is a real possibility Sarri will not start him in the opening weeks—possibly even months—of the season."

:lol:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Sarri has no excuse to fail this time. It's first time he's coaching a top team, a favorite to win League and Coppa and top 3 favorite to win CHL. Let's do this Sarri <3

Jan 22, 2016
De Ligt :
"I spoke to Sarri on the phone very quickly to get to know him, nothing more. He's also one of the reasons I wanted to come to Juve because I heard lots of good stories about him – the way he plays, the philosophy he has, the attacking football, how he prepares the defensive line – so he was a big reason.”

Stars want to join us because of him <3

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Unbelievable, maybe we brought in Sarri for De Ligt? :think:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
:D

it was a pretty standard presentation. great club, great team mates, great challenge, great stadium, and yeah, great coach. any defender is gonna be 100% happy with a supposedly attacking coach, especially a player admittedly joining a league for its defensive culture, no two ways about it.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
What? He even bring up Sarri himself out of nowhere when he got asked why he came to Juve, he said specifically that Sarri and his philosophy was one of the reasons.
No, that's wrong. He got asked what role did Sarri and his gameplan play in his decision. And then he replied this.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What? He even bring up Sarri himself out of nowhere when he got asked why he came to Juve, he said specifically that Sarri and his philosophy was one of the reasons.
As I told you, he was directly asked and he said this. I saw the full press conference.

Doesnt make it any less complimentary. But it was a fairly standard response in presentation/press conference kinda thing. De Ligt in general was very professionally humble and thoughtfully diplomatic with every response. Not letting any question mislead him or over hype the situation.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
We prolly had talks and agreed terms with Raiola several months before the season ended, while Allegri was still very much in charge. Media picked up scent only when the deal between clubs was struck.

- - - Updated - - -

Alegri fanbois still cant get overs he gone so salty.

Without this man there would no MDL what a coach.

#ThankYouSarri
Why are Sarri fanboys bringing up Allegri in every discussion? It's childish and petulant. Let it go and focus on The team. I feel we have interesting season ahead of us, one way or the other.

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Not only De Ligt but also we kept some of our important players by getting Sarri.

Team badly needed a fresh and exciting idea.
:lol: Oh my

- - - Updated - - -

Why are Sarri fanboys bringing up Allegri in every discussion? It's childish and petulant.
He's not a Sarri boy, he's a Ronaldo bandwagoner, and not even the best on tuz.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sarri: ‘De Ligt will face Tottenham’
By Football Italia staff

Juventus Coach Maurizio Sarri confirms Matthijs de Ligt will “certainly play part of the game” against Tottenham Hotspur.
The Bianconeri face the Champions League finalists in Singapore tomorrow, and fans are excited to get a glimpse of the new €75m signing.
“So far he hasn’t trained with his teammates,” Sarri pointed out.
“He’ll certainly play part of the game though.”
Sarri was appointed to replace Massimiliano Allegri, and there’s likely to be a big change of style this season.
“We need to work to find the identity of our game, because we want to become a team with a strong identity.
“Then we’ll try and ensure that leads us to win.
“We’re behind Tottenham [in terms of pre-season preparations] but tomorrow night I want to see a team with the right mentality.
"Nothing has changed with regards to my approach to training since coming here, I still want to have fun, because I think that allows you to give more. The first 70 metres on the pitch has to be what I want but in the last 30 it's up to them."
The former Napoli Coach is known for his ‘Sarrismo’ style of play and adherence to a 4-3-3 system, but where will Cristiano Ronaldo fit?
“Cristiano Ronaldo has won everything on an individual and collective level starting from slightly out on the left,” Sarri pointed out.
“The first attempt will be to start him from that position, but given his quality it wouldn’t make any difference to move him 10 metres.”

Juventus Coach Maurizio Sarri confirms “I really like” Paul Pogba but “he’s a Manchester United player”.
The Frenchman left the Bianconeri for what was then a world record transfer fee of €105m in 2016, but has just a League Cup and the Europa League to show for it.
The World Cup winner has been linked with a return to Turin, and the Coach was asked about that in his Press conference ahead of the Tottenham Hotspur friendly in Singapore.
“I really like Pogba,” Sarri confirmed.
“He’s a Manchester United player though. I’m not the sporting director, so I don’t know what the situation is.”
Real Madrid are also believed to be interested in Pogba, but United would demand a big fee to sell one of their star names.
Pogba joined Juve for a development fee from Manchester United in 2012, so if he does go back to Turin it would be yet another return journey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)