Maurizio Sarri (93 Viewers)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I always liked Allegri. His record speaks for itself in terms of results. He was reasonably pragmatic and flexible compared to a lot of other coaches. But towards the end of his reign I started to lose interest to watch our games especially the league games where I needed to get up at 3am Hong Kong time. Our method of play was getting quite boring and the level of competition continued to disappoint. I mean this was the year that Christiano Ronaldo arrived and yet apart from the first few months after he arrived I started to lose interest.

I mean we were winning matches playing badly week in week out. We very rarely looked like we totally dominated teams domestically - even mid to lower teams. We just knew how to engineer wins. It was getting well, boring.

To make matters worse, our overly pragmatic style of play and lack of domestic competition in my view really hurts us in the Champions League once we get to the games that really matter when we need to raise ourselves to a different level. Not only tactically but also physically I was really dissapointed in our lack of effort in the most important game of the season - 2nd leg against Ajax.

Now I really look forward to seeing us play a very attacking brand of football. I never felt we got the best out of Ronaldo. He and Messi are freaks of nature and you need to make the most of them while they have good years ahead of them by playing to his strengths. I am most excited about De Ligt actually. That is because although the overall strength of your defence is down to how the whole team plays, his arrival I think addresses a concern that was not that obvious to a lot of people - i.e the lack of security at the back really prevented us from playing a more attacking game. If he can form a good understanding with Chiellini then we should form a great level of security to launch a far more attacking game.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
I love it how much his training is emphasized on pressing and passing.

2 important aspect of the game that we lacked and were bad at it.

Hopefully this year Sarri will help us to improve these 2 things. Both are crucial part of the game that Ajax were way better than us.
Pretty much all one or two touch football in in the training so far i wasnt overly keen on sarri but i am very excited to see what he can do as i couldnt take anymore of that zombie football we played last year. Also rabiot looks really tidy in those few training vids they shown never gives the ball away and very strong.

Last edited:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
4 years even. He did a domestic double and got knocked out CL quarters on an injury time penalty after destroying Real Madrid, the eventual winners (only in that situation because Chiellini-Buffon howler and Dybala’s dumbass red card). People here acting like 2017/18 was somehow a poor season and a failure are supremely retarded. Spoiled, entitled shit fans.

This season sucked and the team never figured anything out, so moving on and getting some new ideas is just fine. But the attitude and disrespect towards a legend, who had 4 brilliant seasons here from the above turd above is repugnant. And he calls a coach needing to “earn respect” from a fan base bullshit. Especially a coach who has trashed this club repeatedly and given the fans the finger. Lol
FreeVector-FreeVector-Broken-Record.jpg

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I'm not sure how to take the lot of talking, Rabiot likes being loved. He will flip at any point and do a Kepa. Hopefully nothing of the sort happens.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He'd be stupid to do so as the club would severely punish him if he didn't reflect and apologize. The same what happened to Bonucci and Dybala for misbehaving towards Max.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)