Maurizio Sarri (13 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
This thread tho, pretty sure is going to keep expanding on the very same contradictions and debates as now for most of the season... :lol:

If it lasts for the whole season that is.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
sarri not being a proven winner is not a biggie for me. conte, lippi or deschamps never won either before arriving to juventus. it's his style as a human being. if you don't get it, i'm fine with that. as for his coaching, the lack of rotation, his one-trick-ponyness might cause some issues. as a whole package, i think we could have done better, but i won't ride this idea anymore until he's our coach. i just hope he won't embarrass us by being himself.
We weren’t back to back Scudetto winners and big CL favourites when they were hired. Stop this wiki history nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

And fuck Sarri.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2010
Why do FI keeps recycling his buyout situation, we're not some kind of serie b team that would care if it's 1, 6 or 10 mil buyout. That changes nothing

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Give this dude a chance. They want to expand the brand by playing more possession football and Cr7 clearly wasn't happy with Allegri.

Allegri had 5 years to win the CL with a gigantic club as ours, and he failed. He reached 2 finals but didn't get the job done. Historically, the 5 biggest clubs in Europe in my eyes are Real, Barca, Bayern, Juventus and United. You can throw Liverpool in there as well. They've all won the CL in the last 10-12 years. Since we last won it all the others have won it multiple times. Clearly we can't allow a guy to go 5 years failing and then extend him. That 2nd half against Ajax was a fireable offence by itself. Absolutely disgraceful. You have a team of this calibre and at the business end of season Ajax teenagers made them look like u-14 amateur girls.

Let's see if Sarri can bring some enthusiasm back on the court.
A lot of the same people giving Sarri slack for finishing second behind a superior juventus side are also valiantly defending Allegri, who finished second with 2 goals for and 7 against in 2 CL finals.

So Juve losing to better opposition in the CL is ok but Napoli doing the very same thing in Serie A means that Sarri is a provincial loser
Now I'm not really excited about Sarri but that is pure hypocrisy. As for Allegri, this season with 4 losses in the CL and absolutely no clear style of play beyond crossing to CR was sackable for me. Embarrassing campaign in Europe. Part of that is definitely on our club systematically ruining our midfield and ignoring our defence though.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
If Tottenham both budget and players wise are nowhere near a top4 team in England, I guess that excludes 5 and 6, so you'd say they're around ~7-8 in England? That's an interesting take, these numbers must be way off https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/marktwerteverein/wettbewerb/GB1

Also, when you say Spurs in this years CL knocked out vastly superior sides, who do you have in mind besides City, is it Dortmund, Ajax, Inter or PSV? :D
No, they're not 7-8. They're just not top 4 - is that hard to comprehend?

And they knocked out City a huge favorite as well as an Ajax side which embarassed Juventus.

Please don't send me transfermarkt links.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
A lot of the same people giving Sarri slack for finishing second behind a superior juventus side are also valiantly defending Allegri, who finished second with 2 goals for and 7 against in 2 CL finals.

So Juve losing to better opposition in the CL is ok but Napoli doing the very same thing in Serie A means that Sarri is a provincial loser
Now I'm not really excited about Sarri but that is pure hypocrisy. As for Allegri, this season with 4 losses in the CL and absolutely no clear style of play beyond crossing to CR was sackable for me. Embarrassing campaign in Europe. Part of that is definitely on our club systematically ruining our midfield and ignoring our defence though.
The problem is sacking Max without getting a proper replacement.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
No, they're not 7-8. They're just not top 4 - is that hard to comprehend?

And they knocked out City a huge favorite as well as an Ajax side which embarassed Juventus.

Please don't send me transfermarkt links.
In your head Spurs on paper are nowhere near top 4 in EPL, yet they're fifth or sixth? Ok. And you rate Ajax as a vastly superior side to Tottenham? Lets agree that I won't send you transfermarkt links and you won't reply to my posts with your thoughts on football :D

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
So they're nowhere near top 4, yet they're fifth? Confusing
And you rate Ajax as a vastly superior side to Tottenham? Lets agree that I won't send you transfermarkt links and you won't reply to my posts with your thoughts on football, deal? :D
:lol:

No, they're fifth and nowhere near fourth in terms of quality or budget. And no, I don't rate Ajax over Tottenham - but Ajax were a hot team thrashing Real and Juve on their way.

This is rookie level trolling man. Do better.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
:lol:

No, they're fifth and nowhere near fourth in terms of quality or budget. And no, I don't rate Ajax over Tottenham - but Ajax were a hot team thrashing Real and Juve on their way.

This is rookie level trolling man. Do better.

Spurs are nowhere near Chelsea and United in terms of quality? And Arsenal are on the Spurs side of the fence, also not being nowhere near Chelsea&United or have I got this wrong?

And you said that Spurs in their CL run knocked out vastly superior sides, your words not mine. If you were wrong and agree that only City is anywhere close to being a vastly superior team to Spurs, would be nice if you'd be able to admit it. And not looking to troll you, just trying to have a conversation, but since it's not pleasant or in any way useful, I'd rather if we never tried again.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Spurs are nowhere near Chelsea and United in terms of quality? And Arsenal are on the Spurs side of the fence, also not being nowhere near Chelsea&United or have I got this wrong?

And you said that Spurs in their CL run knocked out vastly superior sides, your words not mine. If you were wrong and agree that only City is anywhere close to being a vastly superior team to Spurs, would be nice if you'd be able to admit it. And not looking to troll you, just trying to have a conversation, but since it's not pleasant or in any way useful, I'd rather if we never tried again.
You're not trying to have a conversation, you're straw manning since you didn't have anything worthwhile to say since my initial point of why we sacked Max if adequate replacements were unavailable.

Player for player Spurs are worse than Chelsea, United, City and Liverpool. The small amount of top quality they have is something Poch fostered - which is why I recommended him as an alternative.

Now go home and get your shinebox

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
That's a strong move by our board. Even if it doesn't work out I really like how we have become bold and and not being afraid of change.

Insanity after all is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

This has become even more urgent for us due to the ages of Ronaldo and Chiellini.

Agnielli has demonstrated a huge determination to win CL and turn us to a global powerhouse. He signed Ronaldo, he fired Marotta and now he realised that we need to change our philosophy for a more attacking one. I'm enjoying seeing our board trying new things and with this determination, borderline obsession, the CL will soon come.

Maybe Sarri offered a good balance between an attacking philosophy and the Italian reality. Maybe he was the most easy to get from the coaches that play this kind of football. We might never learn this.

But it's a bold move. And one I'm excited to see the results of. And I'm really proud of Agnielli and the mentality he has demonstrated since he took over.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That's a strong move by our board. Even if it doesn't work out I really like how we have become bold and and not being afraid of change.

Insanity after all is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

This has become even more urgent for us due to the ages of Ronaldo and Chiellini.

Agnielli has demonstrated a huge determination to win CL and turn us to a global powerhouse. He signed Ronaldo, he fired Marotta and now he realised that we need to change our philosophy for a more attacking one. I'm enjoying seeing our board trying new things and with this determination, borderline obsession, the CL will soon come.

Maybe Sarri offered a good balance between an attacking philosophy and the Italian reality. Maybe he was the most easy to get from the coaches that play this kind of football. We might never learn this.

But it's a bold move. And one I'm excited to see the results of. And I'm really proud of Agnielli and the mentality he has demonstrated since he took over.
:tup:

Agnelli is tired of his club losing finals. He is goal is to be the club Europe wants to operate like, as in, lead by example paving the way for a new kind of brand. Hopefully the gamble pays off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)