Maurizio Sarri (114 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah I just think he will be that false 9

What are you expecting signings wise? Napoli getting Manolas makes me wonder if we've put in an offer for Koulibaly
I think expectation wise manolas signing for napoli makes sense if he wants to start every match.At juventus he certainly wouldn't with bonucci and now manager favorite rugani .The same goes for koulibaly which I see more as a chiellini replacement instead of a bonucci replacement. I think our starting cb are going to be the same as last year with rugani 3rd and probably demiral , so I think the club is looking to add a 4th or 5th option, depending on were we place demiral.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I think expectation wise manolas signing for napoli makes sense if he wants to start every match.At juventus he certainly wouldn't with bonucci and now manager favorite rugani .The same goes for koulibaly which I see more as a chiellini replacement instead of a bonucci replacement. I think our starting cb are going to be the same as last year with rugani 3rd and probably demiral , so I think the club is looking to add a 4th or 5th option, depending on were we place demiral.
Forget Manolas he is going to Napoli..
Koulibaly - I wont be surprised to see him at PSG or City

- - - Updated - - -

Because he's officially our coach now, who still didn't get the chance to show us what he's capable of doing with our team.

We may like him or not but until he fails us (I hope not) he deserves the chance and we should support him.

Forza Juve!!
I just cannot understand all this Anti Sarri thing.. I mean before he joined us I understand but now he is our coach and whining and bitching will not change that so give him a chance and then open your mouth..

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Is he still in legends section of Napoli forum or did they move him to rookie/history section like we did with Conte?

- - - Updated - - -

Do people even have internet in Napoli?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Whats with the Poch love and Sarri hate? It's not like Mauricio is some up and coming tactical revolutionary, the guy has been managing for a decade now and still hasn't won anything besides coach of the month awards. Why do you consider him as someone worthy to replace Max? From someone who shames Sarri for winning so little, you seem to have quite a soft spot for Poch, I'd have thought you rate Tuchel, Kovac and Valverde a lot more.
Are you an idiot or are you just trolling? Poch has overperformed time and time again. Tottenham is nowhere near a top4 team in terms of budget or players - and yet they are consistently there. Add to that a CHL final run knocking out vastly superior sides. And he is only 47.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Are you an idiot or are you just trolling? Poch has overperformed time and time again. Tottenham is nowhere near a top4 team in terms of budget or players - and yet they are consistently there. Add to that a CHL final run knocking out vastly superior sides. And he is only 47.
If Tottenham both budget and players wise are nowhere near a top4 team in England, I guess that excludes 5 and 6, so you'd say they're around ~7-8 in England? That's an interesting take, these numbers must be way off https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/marktwerteverein/wettbewerb/GB1

Also, when you say Spurs in this years CL knocked out vastly superior sides, who do you have in mind besides City, is it Dortmund, Ajax, Inter or PSV? :D

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2013
spurs succeed because it's the best managed club in England.
Maybe in term of budget no but in term of player yes, GMs of other english teams are incredibly dumb: spend huge sums for mediocre players,

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Whats with the Poch love and Sarri hate? It's not like Mauricio is some up and coming tactical revolutionary, the guy has been managing for a decade now and still hasn't won anything besides coach of the month awards. Why do you consider him as someone worthy to replace Max? From someone who shames Sarri for winning so little, you seem to have quite a soft spot for Poch, I'd have thought you rate Tuchel, Kovac and Valverde a lot more.
So Guardiola started his pro career with Barcelona. A team of Ronaldinho, Messi and Henry. Sarri was with Serie B side Empoli before joining Napoli. It's safe to say the guy worked his way to the top, rather than relying on his former status to just get appointed the way Lampard is about to, Guardiola was with Barca or even we're talking about with Pirlo/Barzagli. Second, Sarri managed to stay with Empoli in the first season in Serie A.

Why haven't we won the CL? Because we let Ajax the baton. We sat back and accepted as if we were the smaller dog.

- - - Updated - - -

Some input from chelsea fans about sarri
Sorry for the long post.

Chelsea fan here
Sarri didn’t really experiment much in terms of system or formation. He did at times play conservatively/pragmatically when we were playing Liverpool and City.
I’d say his rotation was fine. There were some positions which he rotated quite often like RW, LCM, ST and LB. He rotated a lot more than I think he did with his Napoli team.
The expectations that we had on our SB Nation’s page at the start of the season was to get us back into the top 4, which he did, whilst hopeful integrating some youth players, which he also did.
I think he’ll do better at Juve given that he probably has players better suited his style and a much deeper squad. The Chelsea squad we have now is one of the worst we’ve had in a long time. He might require time to change play style but I’m sure it’ll be a thing to behold once it’s done.

Sure, though admittedly our fan base was pretty split on this
Sarri was fairly consistent in his lineup selections. There were certainly times in the first half of the season that I was frustrated with his refusal to integrate more members of the squad (particularly youth). I do think that was accentuated due to it being his first season, and Chelsea having played a very different system prior to his arrival. I believe with another season, we would have seen him spend more time imprinting his ideas on those outside his top XI. As the season progressed, he incorporated our younger talent well (RLC, Hudson-Odoi), though many of our fans feel it was too little, too late.
As far as experimentation, I found Sarri to be pretty rigid, though he softened on his stubbornness as the season progressed. I think it is really important to him that he gets HIS way of football drilled into the squad. It appeared that as the squad became more comfortable with is base formation and system, he was willing to show more flexibility. I would NOTexpect flexibility early on in the season while he attempts to drill in his style.
For me, Sarri highlighted a growing division in our fan base. I’m not honestly sure I could answer your last question, because the expectations of the fans were so varied. I don’t know how anyone could realistically look at what he inherited, compare it to what he accomplished, and walk away disappointed. Alas, many CFC fans feel exactly that way. It’s my honest belief that our divisiveness led him to feel unwelcome and contribute to his desire to return home, though again, that wouldn’t be unanimous.
I apologize for the long post. All said, the guy gave us everything he had and was largely never given a chance. In the face of that, he always treated our fans, the media and his players with respect. I hope that he at least receives the same in his career ahead.
Good luck!
Either you fit the system or you don't get to play. No more Mandzukic at LW. No more Barzagli at RB. No more Dybala at CAM/RW.

Also I can't state how happy I am to finally have a coach not compromising the concept based on opponent. We have the GOAT CR7. No matter who we play - we must believe to have the greatest goal scorer. We must believe to take the baton.

Last edited:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Sarri once said that he doesn't even care about the transfermarket. He doesn't care what players are bought and sold. He just wants to coach the players at his disposal. What if that is the reason we took him on a 2 year contract to build the team AA and Nedved want, or the team what pep wants?
What if? This is a major reason for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's compare how many matches Poch played in CL playoffs to the number of games Sarri played there.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait to hear all the bullshit Agnelli/Paratici/Nedved are going to feed us when they do the press conference presenting Sarri.

Project bla bla bla future bla bla bla modern bla bla bla

Last edited:

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Give this dude a chance. They want to expand the brand by playing more possession football and Cr7 clearly wasn't happy with Allegri.

Allegri had 5 years to win the CL with a gigantic club as ours, and he failed. He reached 2 finals but didn't get the job done. Historically, the 5 biggest clubs in Europe in my eyes are Real, Barca, Bayern, Juventus and United. You can throw Liverpool in there as well. They've all won the CL in the last 10-12 years. Since we last won it all the others have won it multiple times. Clearly we can't allow a guy to go 5 years failing and then extend him. That 2nd half against Ajax was a fireable offence by itself. Absolutely disgraceful. You have a team of this calibre and at the business end of season Ajax teenagers made them look like u-14 amateur girls.

Let's see if Sarri can bring some enthusiasm back on the court.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Maurizio Sarri in 2017: "I saw that a newspaper was talking about me at Juventus, I have already contacted my lawyer to find out if it is possible to prosecute.":baus:

That tweet is just too much, almost like twisting the knife in the wound ffs... really can’t figure out what will Sarri possibly say to backtrack from such idiocy or how exactly did Agnelli &co interpret the repetitive classless comments he made against Juventus, it’s really surprising, i remember most of his whining back then but somehow most of us including myself forgot the most insulting of them all.

Those who will compare this with Allegri’s comments on the ‘gol di Muntari’ are absolutely clueless, there’s no defending this crap, good coach or not it’s unacceptable and makes me wonder even more about what was the club really thinking when appointing him.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Allegri had 5 years to win the CL with a gigantic club as ours, and he failed..
gigantic clubs that failed to win the cl in the last 5 seasons: every single club, bar real, barcelona and liverpool. all of them are failures, right?

financially, juventus is at number 10-11 on the european chart. we are at number 5 on the club rankings based on coefficients. you should thank allegri that he put juve back on the european map.

also, sarri had the number two team at napoli, yet he failed to win anything. he couldn't even win a supercoppa, which lazio and milan managed to snatch from us. he couldn't even win a cup that mazzarri managed to win with a weaker napoli. would you call sarri a failure now?

i agree that we should give sarri a chance. but shitting on allegri in the meantime is simply idiotic.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
What if? This is a major reason for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's compare how many matches Poch played in CL playoffs to the number of games Sarri played there.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait to hear all the bullshit Agnelli/Paratici/Nedved are going to feed us when they do the press conference presenting Sarri.

Project bla bla bla future bla bla bla modern bla bla bla
so now we are on the "pep will take over from sarri in two years time" bandwagon? As if someone will promise to sign two years prior....
We took sarri because he is a yes man and italian. As if you need two years to prepare the team for pep... most players wont be around in 2-3 years....

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
so now we are on the "pep will take over from sarri in two years time" bandwagon? As if someone will promise to sign two years prior....
We took sarri because he is a yes man and italian. As if you need two years to prepare the team for pep... most players wont be around in 2-3 years....
Exactly. It's just wishful thinking that our reality is a manager like Sarri and not someone who can take us to the next level.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
He finished second with the second best team in Italy.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk
He also came alot closer to winning it, than players and budget would suggest. He was also miles ahead of teams spending a ton more money and double their wage budget (inter and milan)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
He also came alot closer to winning it, than players and budget would suggest. He was also miles ahead of teams spending a ton more money and double their wage budget (inter and milan)
Doesn't really matter what they're spending, player for player his squad was much better. As opposed to Poch who makes mediocre players perform extremely well.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Juve played the most depressing football in ages last year and ppl complain about the person who made naples one of the most entertaining teams in eu....i guess ppl care more about how the manager looks and behaves than how the actual football is played

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)