Maurizio Sarri (42 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Sacking Allegri was the right decision IMO. It is just that hiring Sarri was a terrible one..
Bingo!

Allegri unlucky to face two of the best in barca and real in CL finals. We needed a fresh start again..sarri has failed in comparison. I was a fan of sarri at the time but not now.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Bingo!

Allegri unlucky to face two of the best in barca and real in CL finals. We needed a fresh start again..sarri has failed in comparison. I was a fan of sarri at the time but not now.
He is also unlucky to have managers like Paratici and co who constantly bring and keep players like Berna, Danilo, Rugani, Khedira, Matuidi, constantly injured Costa, MdS, Higuain and so on.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Sacking Allegri was the right decision IMO. It is just that hiring Sarri was a terrible one..
He won scudetto last season but yes getting eliminated by Ajax was a failure and we should have done much better on that ocassion. But It simply doesnt tarnish 4 excellent seasons before that when he would always find a way to set up a team and get results, despite several big changes during the summer. He was let go mainly for losing the plot towards the end and talking to much to media. Id still have preferred we let him stay for another season than hiring Sarri though.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Im 100% sure board has lined up his replacement and agreed over some terms several months ago but waited to see how all this pans out. If you are thinking we will fire him and then look for his replacement, you are naive.
If we fire him, that's exactly what we'll do. Like we always do.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
If we fire him, that's exactly what we'll do. Like we always do.
We dont. When Conte left, we had agreed terms with Max way before that. At this level its silly to assume we dont have someone phone call away from taking over. It will be interesting to see who that is.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I’ve seen this bullshit statement repeated on this forum by you and others and its pure delusion.

Sacking Allegri was only the right decision if you had a similar or better coach lined up to replace him.

So no, overall, sacking Allegri was a horrible decision and the results are there for all to see this season.

With Allegri in charge we win this Scudetto with rounds to spare, probably win one (or both) of the Supercoppa and the Coppa Italia and definitely get past this terribly average Lyon team.

- - - Updated - - -

Bingo!

Just not true. The team was in need of rejuvenation, Allegri knew it, but was sacked for trying to push through big changes.

The guy nearly won us a treble twice, with two fairly different teams, he always had the tactical nous to use formations and tactics that fit his players strength, the sign of a true top class manager - who is to say that with 3-4 new pieces added to the team whilst shedding some of the deadweight, that he couldn’t have another crack at winning it? People say that a coach’s cycle only last a few years, I disagree with that entirely, but that’s another story.

Allegri constantly had players (very important ones) sold from under him every season he was in charge, but still took us very close twice. Maybe if we showed more faith in him we could have finally won the big one in Europe. Who knows? We would be much closer to CL glory with him leading us than the cocksucker in charge now.

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I said it when we sacked Allegri and appointed him and I’ll say it again after this disastrous season, we shot ourselves in the foot and have thrown away all the progress we made over the years for no reason at all. Totally self-inflicted. We are at a real risk of going trophyless for a VERY long time I’m afraid.
That's only half of the issue. Although it's evidently that max > sarii by a wide margin, the ones that let us down is the management who are more to blame for the past 2 years. The issue is that managemnt really thought we were just only one player short of a cl win , when that simply wasn't the case .
Ronaldo needs good suporting players to take this team over the edge and we simply don't have them anymore.
Last year ,after max had failed to make cr7 and dybala perform togheter , we were put in a postion of either sell dybala and buy the mids and fullbacks to suit him or hire a coach that could make them play toghether( wich sarri actully did), while continuing with patching up the squad with bosman signings and underpar fullbacks for a coach so inflexible that he will take his tactic to grave ,in game, even though things don't work.
Another problem is that we have players that are payed as starters although they don't even com close to the norm( Higuain , Khedira, Ramsey, Costa, Bernardeschi, even Matuidi could go in there), which they are going to be hard to sell, which in turn are going to hinder our squad upgrading.
The only bright spot is hopping that Arthur , Kulu, even pellegrini and romero will come and help us with the transition in some form.
Our mercato is going to be brutal in trying to offload so much deadwood in this corona times .

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sarri got Ronaldo playing great in Serie A against the minnows. Allegri never focused on that, because he knew we would crush Serie A regardless and wanted his best performances for the big matches. So Ronaldo was vastly better in the big matches in UCL last season under Allegri. 6 goals-2 assists in 749 minutes vs 4 goals-0 assists in 712 minutes this year. Not particularly close.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I still can’t believe our coach boasted about how Lyon weren’t under as much pressure against PSG last week, and that means we played well and caused them problems.

We caused the 7th place team in Ligue 1 problems. That’s what Sarri, coach of 9 straight scudetti winners, and won of the biggest clubs in Europe is boasting about after getting smacked out of CL.

Yippee! We in good hands. :tuttosport:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I still can’t believe our coach boasted about how Lyon weren’t under as much pressure against PSG last week, and that means we played well and caused them problems.

We caused the 7th place team in Ligue 1 problems. That’s what Sarri, coach of 9 straight scudetti winners, and won of the biggest clubs in Europe is boasting about after getting smacked out of CL.

tenor.gif

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

“I was expecting less from my team”

:rofl: what a grand motivator. His post-game comments have definitely surpassed Delneri’s lately. Some good entertainment.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Guy is a certified moron, and was no secret for anyone except a couple of idiots on TuZ and Fabio + Pavel. Which means Pavel might be lurking here. Pavel, I am your biggest fan in Ukraine, I had maybe 5 shirts with your name, but man you done fucked up.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Its crazy to think that all these investments made in the past couple of seasons, we are actually farther away from competing in Europe than we were couple of years ago.

All it took was one bad summer to set us back by couple of years atleast. And ofcourse the covid situation doesn't help either.
We're just a RB, new midfielder and proper winger away from competing again tbh

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Completely out of his depth,
sadly what top coach is going to want to come here the way the club is run, random mish-mash of terrible midfielders, when the coach wants to revitalize the squad they give him the arse and hire a legitimate bum, hopefully we sack him but the options are not going to be great to replace him unless we have a look at ourselves and change how we are run recruitment wise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)