Maurizio Sarri (104 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I hate Sarri's 'System' and tactics but we have to be honest that we havent got a player from that category in our squad. Rabiot and Bentacur are really great players but they rarely create chances. Pjanic is able to do it but at the moment he even fails to play sidepasses. Our main creators for chances are Costa (70% of the season injured) and Dybala ( often comes from the bench). Even Bonucci has a better overview than our midfield players. Even Pep or Klopp would struggle with that squad. We have three terrific finisher (Higuain, Ronaldo, Dybala) but what's the point to have such insane players without the service they need ? Its like to have a Ferrari without petrol.
Then why didn't he ask for any player neither in the summer nor in January?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Why do I get the feeling that there is unrest in the locker room. I find it hard to believe that a team comprising of CR7 and Hig / Dybs, Pjanic, Rabiot and Betancur is unable to beat Verona. Of course individual errors didn’t help but this seems to be a recurring feature.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Wondering why Paratici is to be blamed... Is it because we didnt get a proper mid? If it is because of it - I think we had a choice:
Taking MDL - You all rated him as the next Maldini or Baresi or something like that
Taking a central midfielder or maybe even getting Pogba but then it means no MDL

Short term Pogba>>>>>MDL but if we wait one more year we can have both...

Unless MDL flops badly I dont think he made the wrong choice... (P.S I hope you remember how Bonucci was before he turn to be good...)

The only wrong choice he made was getting Sarri.. who has the mentality of a loser and cant motivate the best Italian club in history..
I really don't think we have one. And we haven't had one for a while now.

Our board seems more concerned with building the brand than the actual games anyway. All major decisions from the last 18 - 24 months point that way. Personally, I detest it.

But I guess the board assumed we are/were going to win the scudetto anyway, regardless of who they hired to coach the team. And honestly we should have the best squad by far. Hell, just by looking at the numbers, Inter or Lazio shouldn't even come close.
Thank you very much. This reminds me of what I said back during the first two weeks that we appointed him.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

- pjanic 3 (serie a)
- ramsey 1+1 (serie a + cl)
- matuidi 1 (cl)
- berna 1 (cl)
- bentancur 1 (coppa)

besides bentancur's 6 assists, that stat looks terrible too.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Could Juventus recall Allegri?

Football Italia

There are growing murmurs in the Italian media that Juventus could sack Maurizio Sarri and recall Max Allegri, who is still under contract.
The Bianconeri fumbled a 1-0 lead to lose 2-1 at Hellas Verona on Saturday, their third Serie A defeat of the season after Lazio and Napoli.
It allowed Inter to catch them at the top of the table, with Lazio sitting only one point behind.

Sarri was brought in to give the already dominant Juventus a more attractive playing style, which they hoped would also serve them well in the Champions League.
However, not only have the results been worse than Allegri, there is very little sign of Sarri’s trademark quick passing style either.
According to La Repubblica, there is a group within the Juve ranks calling for Allegri to be brought back, with President Andrea Agnelli himself not entirely convinced by Sarri.
Allegri is still under contract, as he was fired in June despite winning five consecutive Serie A titles.
He had been repeatedly linked with roles at Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur, but wanted to take a year off.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Interesting. The way I see it:

Pros:
1) Sarri and the team are in a big slump currently and the season might be on the line here, at this point its still salvageable
2) Allegri is one of the best around and might not be available in the summer if we do part ways with Sarri

Cons:
1) This is such a Genoa/Palermo move, panicking at the first sign of difficulty
2) Its not ideal timing, winter break is gone and Max has very little time to implement shit in training, the next few months are mostly games every three days and international break inbetween

I think eventually it depends on how things are behind the scenes. If Sarri is sacked, theres probably something seriously broken internally

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012

Football Italia

There are growing murmurs in the Italian media that Juventus could sack Maurizio Sarri and recall Max Allegri, who is still under contract.
The Bianconeri fumbled a 1-0 lead to lose 2-1 at Hellas Verona on Saturday, their third Serie A defeat of the season after Lazio and Napoli.
It allowed Inter to catch them at the top of the table, with Lazio sitting only one point behind.

Sarri was brought in to give the already dominant Juventus a more attractive playing style, which they hoped would also serve them well in the Champions League.
However, not only have the results been worse than Allegri, there is very little sign of Sarri’s trademark quick passing style either.
According to La Repubblica, there is a group within the Juve ranks calling for Allegri to be brought back, with President Andrea Agnelli himself not entirely convinced by Sarri.
Allegri is still under contract, as he was fired in June despite winning five consecutive Serie A titles.
He had been repeatedly linked with roles at Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur, but wanted to take a year off.
mxS48D7.png

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Delneri level coach, hope he leaves after the season regardless of what happens. I wasn't downright happy when he was appointed, but I shall admit I was hopeful. But my thinking was naive and thus flawed: I thought his "bel gioco" would be the ingredient which could take us to another level offensively, while our solidity and ruggedness somehow would just stay the same because of our experienced senatori, the acquisition of De Ligt, because we are quite simply Juve and defensive solidity is what we do. I thought we could be seeing a team as solid as that of Max, but with Sarriball supamega-awezum attackz decdics sprinkled on top.

Boy was I wrong.

Instead, what we're seeing is a poorly diciplined, poorly organized team that slowly but surely is spiralling downwards towards mental midgetry. Sarri seems to man-manage poorly, for instance in the way he's utilizing Dybala and Higuain, dividing their playing time in such a way that pisses off both players. Then there is the lack of tactical flexibility, which continues to costs us points against well prepared teams, no matter how small, the latest unbelievable feat in this regard being the defeat to Verona, a first-11 of which I recognized only 4 names, getting undone in the end by PAZZINI of all people, 10 years after he scored his previous goal against us. Absolutely shocking.

Then there is his comments at press conferences, and these are really the ones which give him away as one who simply doesn't have the Juve mentality. I won't bother giving examples, you all know the comments, and you all know they keep on coming. The man refuses to take any responsibility or blame, instead he shifts it towards his players and the tifosi and the media.

One also has to wonder, how can our big players, the ones who have won a lot, respect this guy in the dressing room? Are they supposed to marvel at his epic EL trophy, how he bested the likes of PAOK, Vidi, BATE Borisov, Malmö, Dinamo, Slavia Praha, Eintracht Frankfurt and Arsenal to get his hands on the trophy? I bet, for our champions, Sarri is just an uncharismatic, smelly old fart who hasn't won shit.

At the beginning of the season I believed we would walk the scudetto no matter what, but now I am really starting to doubt that we'll win it at all. On paper we are still regarded as favourites, but with this guy at the helm it's truly beginning to feel like a lost cause.

There ARE other factors too, though, such as Paratici and the shitty excuse for a midfield he has left us with, but that's another matter for another thread.

Aug 2, 2005
Delneri level coach, hope he leaves after the season regardless of what happens. I wasn't downright happy when he was appointed, but I shall admit I was hopeful. But my thinking was naive and thus flawed: I thought his "bel gioco" would be the ingredient which could take us to another level offensively, while our solidity and ruggedness somehow would just stay the same because of our experienced senatori, the acquisition of De Ligt, because we are quite simply Juve and defensive solidity is what we do. I thought we could be seeing a team as solid as that of Max, but with Sarriball supamega-awezum attackz decdics sprinkled on top.

Boy was I wrong.

Instead, what we're seeing is a poorly diciplined, poorly organized team that slowly but surely is spiralling downwards towards mental midgetry. Sarri seems to man-manage poorly, for instance in the way he's utilizing Dybala and Higuain, dividing their playing time in such a way that pisses off both players. Then there is the lack of tactical flexibility, which continues to costs us points against well prepared teams, no matter how small, the latest unbelievable feat in this regard being the defeat to Verona, a first-11 of which I recognized only 4 names, getting undone in the end by PAZZINI of all people, 10 years after he scored his previous goal against us. Absolutely shocking.

Then there is his comments at press conferences, and these are really the ones which give him away as one who simply doesn't have the Juve mentality. I won't bother giving examples, you all know the comments, and you all know they keep on coming. The man refuses to take any responsibility or blame, instead he shifts it towards his players and the tifosi and the media.

One also has to wonder, how can our big players, the ones who have won a lot, respect this guy in the dressing room? Are they supposed to marvel at his epic EL trophy, how he bested the likes of PAOK, Vidi, BATE Borisov, Malmö, Dinamo, Slavia Praha, Eintracht Frankfurt and Arsenal to get his hands on the trophy? I bet, for our champions, Sarri is just an uncharismatic, smelly old fart who hasn't won shit.

At the beginning of the season I believed we would walk the scudetto no matter what, but now I am really starting to doubt that we'll win it at all. On paper we are still regarded as favourites, but with this guy at the helm it's truly beginning to feel like a lost cause.

There ARE other factors too, though, such as Paratici and the shitty excuse for a midfield he has left us with, but that's another matter for another thread.
Good post, speaks alot for me too.
At the second last point, Many also me included did not see the scudetto as a guarantee, since the start it was clear that this Inter Conte (before Winter Mercato) could get results and be up there till Feb. now that they are seeing they are having a chance this year, they brought the depth they were lacking.
The scudetto is not ours to lose anymore, we have to compete on it, which we are the favorites for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

Football Italia

Well ,better late than never .
Recall our legend , sign him up for 5 more years and build a dynasty a la Ferguson.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Jun 7, 2003
At the second last point, Many also me included did not see the scudetto as a guarantee, since the start it was clear that this Inter Conte (before Winter Mercato) could get results and be up there till Feb. now that they are seeing they are having a chance this year, they brought the depth they were lacking.
The scudetto is not ours to lose anymore, we have to compete on it, which we are the favorites for.

Because he was crashed out of the UCL. This could be dangerous for the Scudetto.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

Actually it is ours to lose because we play all our "apparently" big games at home we're our champions mentality should shine.
But losing points to Verona and the likes will not help us in the long run.
We lost to Napoli who got beat by frikin lecce yesterday.
That should tell us the state of affairs behind close doors .

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I'm sorry. I love Max, but no, just no. This would reek of desperation and send out all the wrong signals.

We tough it out with this chain smoking cancer until the end of the season, kick him out, and then hire an actual/proper coach for next year.
The best we can hope for is Inzaghi. The only other (semi) realistic option of a top coach is Pep. But there is talk about City giving him another war chest to redo his squad. We won't compete with that.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
The best we can hope for is Inzaghi. The only other (semi) realistic option of a top coach is Pep. But there is talk about City giving him another war chest to redo his squad. We won't compete with that.
Pochettino ? But I an not convinced by him yet...

If we bring back Allegri there will be a revolution in the squad

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Football Italia

Well I wanted a different coach but if it is between the two of them it is a no brainer..
Ugly football vs Ugly football
Winning vs Losing
Winner vs one time hit micky mouse cup winner

At least with Allegri we know our team will win the scudetto..

There is an downside to it as well as we wont be getting Allegri to replace Sarri for just half a year so we need to ask ourselves the next question as well: If it wasnt between the two of them - Is Allegri what we want?

To answer that I split it to few anecdotes:
1. Allegri is a very smart coach who knows to change tactics based on the characteristics of his team and his opponent weaknesses
2. Ugly Football - It is true we play an ugly type of football but was it the case in all of his years with us?! IMO the answer is NO!
I liked our football in 2015 and 2017 and I do believe with a team that is balanced but also have the right tools he might have better success in creating a good style of attacking football..
Dybala has under-performed in his last season and returned this year so maybe its a type of play related performance or he just had a bad season.
3. Paul Fucking Pogba! Pogba has been immense with us way more than he was for Man Utd or France and I even dare to say combined...
When Pogba played for us in his last season I was thinking he is the best in his role - Allegri Pogba reunion might do the trick..
4. This is the only downside to it - Simone Inzaghi - Havent won anything significant yet but he is coaching Lazio and IMO unless something changes Lazio will go to lift the Scudetto this year!
The thing with Inzaghi - This year`s Lazio is playing the exact type of football I like to see and I would really appreciate to see it with Juve!

I think it is an opportunity we cannot let slip - Allegri MUST BE RE-SIGNED!
We could evaluate our options in the end of the season but to save this season and we all want it saved we must do it!

The only question I ask is - Does Allegri want to come back?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)