Maurizio Sarri (80 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
Has our attacking play improved ? We are finding it difficult to breakdown sides
Our passing is better but not in the final 3rd where it counts. Are we looking to play quick? Yes. Are we looking to hoof the ball into the box onto the head of Ronaldo? Not really.
We will see how much we have improved hen we have Costa back and Ramsey as well. Im just saying he has had a shit ton to deal with in the first 5 months and has done it fairly well. I dont think tht is a stretch. The rest is al expectations that outsiders have put on. If you liked Max then you shouldnt be to upset as hes playing very comapact defense and offense and our passing in the middle is better.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Sarri has been given a shitty hands of midfielders honestly.

pjanic is the only potentially world class midfielder.

matuidi = technique of a pug
Emre Can = waste of wage, slow as khedira
Ramsay = misses 60% of games
Rabiot=rusty from PSG exile
Khedira = khedira

Apr 19, 2007
Sarri has been given a shitty hands of midfielders honestly.

pjanic is the only potentially world class midfielder.

matuidi = technique of a pug
Emre Can = waste of wage, slow as khedira
Ramsay = misses 60% of games
Rabiot=rusty from PSG exile
Khedira = khedira
I wouldnt say its a shitty hand but its not his type players across the board. If we are to play more his style we have to get players that are quicker and able to press better and also keep the ball. Rabiot and Ramsey are getting better and Matuidi still presses well but isnt great in possesion. I do think hes been better this season though

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Our passing is better but not in the final 3rd where it counts. Are we looking to play quick? Yes. Are we looking to hoof the ball into the box onto the head of Ronaldo? Not really.
We will see how much we have improved hen we have Costa back and Ramsey as well. Im just saying he has had a shit ton to deal with in the first 5 months and has done it fairly well. I dont think tht is a stretch. The rest is al expectations that outsiders have put on. If you liked Max then you shouldnt be to upset as hes playing very comapact defense and offense and our passing in the middle is better.
I was very positive to Sarri and moving on from Allegri.

But we have to admit the irony here.
We actually played well to start the season when the players were still kinda executing the Allegri football. Once Sarri started implementing his ideas, we gradually have become worse. That's a bit worrisome. I hope it's just down to injuries and Cr7's form. I do like that Sarri is quite honest and acknowledges the problems. Hoping for more fluid football once the injured players are back in form.

He's been spot on with his subs, but that means he got the starting 11 wrong. I don't quite understand his stubbornness to start the same guys who get subbed off time and time again. We usually get our goal after he's made the subs so why not start them.

Apr 19, 2007

We actually played well to start the season when the players were still kinda executing the Allegri football. Once Sarri started implementing his ideas, we gradually have become worse. That's a bit worrisome. I hope it's just down to injuries and Cr7's form. I do like that Sarri is quite honest and acknowledges the problems. Hoping for more fluid football once the injured players are back in form.

He's been spot on with his subs, but that means he got the starting 11 wrong. I don't quite understand his stubbornness to start the same guys who get subbed off time and time again. We usually get our goal after he's made the subs so why not start them.
Yeah I agree but some of it isnt really his fault. For instance. If he starts Ronaldo last game but Dybala came in and scored. Was that a bad decision? Same for starting Dybala but Higuain comes in and scores. So I dont think thats a lineup issue but the realization we have 3 very strong players for 2 spots. Now the CAM position is growing more and more weird. Costa should play every game there but how fit is he really? Is he managing the injuries knowing we need him and ramsey in the second half and cant risk them to much now coming off injuries? Isnt this something we said he wasnt good at and would be an issue? Now hes managing the squad and rotating quite a bit and thats an issue. Its tough to really know until the season plays out more.

Im not sold on Sarri but I do think hes had a rough go in the first 6 months and he has kept the results steady. Similar to what max did when taking over for conte. He had to wait to make his changes until the squad was ready to execute.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Sarri works in mysterious ways.
The starting 11 is just a small piece of his game plan.
The starting 11 sets the stage for his super subs to come in and steal the wins.
Imagine you are the opponent marking khedira in the first 11: You can easily mark him out he game just by walking, so during halftime you eat a burger or two. Second half starts and khedira is taken off for cuadrado. You start to regret your burgers and watch cuadrado fly past you putting in killer crosses for Higgy to score!

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
"allegri d-riders salty" sure did age well :lol3:

- - - Updated - - -

Sarri works in mysterious ways.
The starting 11 is just a small piece of his game plan.
The starting 11 sets the stage for his super subs to come in and steal the wins.
Imagine you are the opponent marking khedira in the first 11: You can easily mark him out he game just by walking, so during halftime you eat a burger or two. Second half starts and khedira is taken off for cuadrado. You start to regret your burgers and watch cuadrado fly past you putting in killer crosses for Higgy to score!
sucking on purpose? very clever.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
"allegri d-riders salty" sure did age well :lol3:

- - - Updated - - -

sucking on purpose? very clever.
Well honestly we have very little players who have the capability to dominate opponents for 90 minutes straight.

Players like Khedira, bentancur, emre can, ramsay, rabiot, and to some extent matuidi, only has the capability to match opponents’ skills and energy, for 30 mins max. Any longer, they perform on peak Nicky butt level at best. And sadly, that’s 90% of our midfielders.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sarri: 'Ronaldo left to cool off'

By Football Italia staff

Juventus coach Maurizio Sarri has confirmed that Cristiano Ronaldo will miss tomorrow’s match against Atalanta. “Certain players need to be left to cool off.”

Ronaldos fitness has come under the spotlight after Sarri alleged he was nursing a knee injury, yet he scored for Portugal during the international break and denied there was anything wrong with him.

The pair have since come back in contact and the former Napoli boss made it clear he had no reason to sit down with his No 7.

“There’s no need to clarify anything with Ronaldo. Certain players need to be left to cool off,” he said at a Press conference.

On the other hand, the 60-year-old did concede the forward had returned from international duty with the same issue that saw him controversially subbed off against Milan.

“The problem is that on Tuesday, he told us that he was still not feeling well.

“Our objective is to have him back for the Champions League. I’m 99 percent sure he won’t make it tomorrow.”

Sarri also announced Miralem Pjanic and Blaise Matuidi would be fit for the trip to Bergamo but cast doubt over Adrien Rabiot and Juan Cuadrado.

“There are some players with a few issues. Alex Sandro’s problem is less serious than we initially feared, whilst [Adrien] Rabiot has a problem with his adductor.

[Juan] Cuadrado is struggling with pain in his back, but [Miralem] Pjanic will be available.

“[Blaise] Matuidi is in some pain, but his character will get him through it. He will be available.”

- - - Updated - - -

Sarri: 'Atalanta are painful!'

By Football Italia staff

Juventus coach Maurizio Sarri says he is in agreement with Pep Guardiola’s assessment, that facing Atalanta is like a trip to the dentist.

Atalanta held Manchester City to a 1-1 draw in the Champions League earlier in November, and captain Alejandro Gomez claimed to have been told by Guardiola that he did not enjoy the game.

“To call Atalanta ‘annoying’ is an understatement,” Sarri said before Juve’s match in Bergamo tomorrow.

“The best description was given by Guardiola, that facing them is like going to the dentist.

“They are a technically good side, as well as being aggressive.”

Despite the Bianconeri sitting top of Serie A, critics claim ‘Sarriball’ has yet to truly descend on Turin...

“Growth is always the defined by moments, not by a constant line,” the 60-year-old argued.

“We want to play a certain type of football, but we can’t go against the nature of the players.

“It takes the right compromise. I’ve always done defensive work, for me it’s not news to have the best defence in the League.

“Changing the mentality for a single opponent is impossible.”

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We can share the pain.

Seriously though Matuidi will be important in this game, it's one of the few fixtures in the league where we probably have to do as much defending as attacking, considering the way they play.

At home with 70% possession and a wall of defenders is a different story...

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

At the beginning of season we were playing one half sarriball, one half Allegri ball (sans the defensive solidity, mainly thanks to de ligt). Former is what looked good.

He got more defensive after de Ligt's howlers and even more so after Lecce game & rightfully so for now.

Not surprising if you paid attn to him last two seasons. So far, the anti sarris got every single thing wrong. As predictable & entertaining as their defensive reactions & flop flopping now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)