Maurizio Sarri (19 Viewers)

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I'm still sure with Costa and Ronaldo we will still can win the CL but our defence needs to stabilize.
we need to improve the midfield.
With a stronger midfield even defence improve.
It's easier to look good in defence if have to defend 3times per game.
Not so much if you have to do it 12 times.

So Khedira doesn't do much to defend
Matuidi is more forward than in midfield to defend and ofc doesn't have much passing skills
Pjanic is a playmaker not a defensive midfielder
Bentancur is a mix of everything but doesn't shine on anything
Emre Can is a good DM but you know what's up.
Rabiot isn't a mad tackler even if he is big but soft

So to me the defence problem is strictly related to the midfield.

Also the fact that we bought De Ligt because he was playing in Bonucci's position, but thanks to Chiellini waving good bye to the season, we moved him and it's not easy for a young boy to change team and country and also move him from his favored position

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 19, 2007
Not sure what people expected from the start of the season. Every coach has to sure up the defense before the offense can shine properly. Our defense was leaky AF when Chiellini went out and we were struggling with our passing. We had to slow the pace of play down which is making us boring and predictable. We dont have anyone capable of breaking the defense down when Ramsey and Costa arent fit and it has showed. Berna shouldnt be playing and Sarri even said he sees him in the future as a cm not a CAM or winger. Hes to slow physically and in his play.

Cuadrado has been a revelation at RB and our midfield is getting better with our passes in between lines. The problem still is our midfield options. Rabiot isnt up to par yet although I think he will get there. Khedira and Matuidi are good tactically but fail to deliver when needed. Matuidi gets the chances but doesnt do well with them. Ramsey isnt fit and Costa isnt either.

We will truly see our level of play when we can field Ramsey, COsta, Rabiot Dybala Ronaldo at Sarri disposal. Maybe it still wont work and we will be without an offense all year but based on the injuries and also new players and a new system it has been really good. Our passing is better! Our team is better individually. The speed of play and ability to break down opponents is not better but that was always going to be the last part of the puzzle

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Not sure what people expected from the start of the season. Every coach has to sure up the defense before the offense can shine properly. Our defense was leaky AF when Chiellini went out and we were struggling with our passing. We had to slow the pace of play down which is making us boring and predictable. We dont have anyone capable of breaking the defense down when Ramsey and Costa arent fit and it has showed. Berna shouldnt be playing and Sarri even said he sees him in the future as a cm not a CAM or winger. Hes to slow physically and in his play.

Cuadrado has been a revelation at RB and our midfield is getting better with our passes in between lines. The problem still is our midfield options. Rabiot isnt up to par yet although I think he will get there. Khedira and Matuidi are good tactically but fail to deliver when needed. Matuidi gets the chances but doesnt do well with them. Ramsey isnt fit and Costa isnt either.

We will truly see our level of play when we can field Ramsey, COsta, Rabiot Dybala Ronaldo at Sarri disposal. Maybe it still wont work and we will be without an offense all year but based on the injuries and also new players and a new system it has been really good. Our passing is better! Our team is better individually. The speed of play and ability to break down opponents is not better but that was always going to be the last part of the puzzle
It is going to be tough for Sarri to find someone to bench when Higuain, Dybala, Costa, Ramsey, Ronaldo are all fit. Higuain is having a wonderful season so far, Dybala's mental issues seem to be gone. Costa will always Costa when fit. Ramsey you need to link attack & midfield to break those lines, so depending on the formation used, he might not play. Obviously can't permanently bench Ronaldo, not gonna happen. How does Sarri pick his poison?

Apr 19, 2007
It is going to be tough for Sarri to find someone to bench when Higuain, Dybala, Costa, Ramsey, Ronaldo are all fit. Higuain is having a wonderful season so far, Dybala's mental issues seem to be gone. Costa will always Costa when fit. Ramsey you need to link attack & midfield to break those lines, so depending on the formation used, he might not play. Obviously can't permanently bench Ronaldo, not gonna happen. How does Sarri pick his poison?
I think Costa will play with Ronaldo and one of Dybala and Higuain while the other comes off the bench for 30-40 minutes. As far as Ramsey I think he will be both a RCM and also CAM if needed. He has the engine to run the whole field and he effective in pressing. Matuidi and rabiot will handle the left and Bentancur and Khedira can sub in as rcm or dm. I like Can but it doesnt look like he has a role this season

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think Costa will play with Ronaldo and one of Dybala and Higuain while the other comes off the bench for 30-40 minutes. As far as Ramsey I think he will be both a RCM and also CAM if needed. He has the engine to run the whole field and he effective in pressing. Matuidi and rabiot will handle the left and Bentancur and Khedira can sub in as rcm or dm. I like Can but it doesnt look like he has a role this season
I agree with Ramsey. Play him in one of the CM roles. We need as many technically capable midfielders we can get.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
You are Sarri and you have CR7, DC, Higuain and Dybala. CR cant play as a winger only as ST. What do you do?
It depends on formation and roles fit to it..
If we are Sarri it means we smoke rather than think how to..
If we are at Sarri`s position - I think Dybala should and could still become the player we wanted him to become but he needs a change
I personally would like to see D.Costa behind Dybala and Ronaldo and we can rotate it with Higuain but I contrary to Sarri think Ronaldo needs to be limited a bit and not just take the ball whenever he wants and ignore the whole team`s play..
CF role is very good in this regard as he is not the dribbler he once was therefore he could exploit his other attributes and be even more dangerous (IMO)
Dybala needs to be at an advanced position and I think a forward role will suit him better than AM.
D.Costa could be a monster but he needs to learn how to improve his effectiveness.. Placing him in a role behind the forwards although not exactly at a central place as he is better when cutting inside from a wide position - I think this could extract the best from D.Costa Dybala and Ronaldo
Higuain - rotating with Dybala D.Costa and even Ronaldo when he needs a rest..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)