Mauricio Isla (208 Viewers)

Joey Jokes

Feb 17, 2009
Think we will regret this move.

I really see him flourishing if Mazzari uses him wide in his 3-4-3.

I really saw him as a great alternative to lichsteiner who still seems to get bogged down with his timing going forward in the 3-5-2. An in form Isla could have really added to the attack.

That being said , who knows if he will regain his form. I wish him the best in his career , just hope we don't see it against us at Inter.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I'll be fucken pissed if we sell him to Inter.

He needs another season here. Not fair judging a player who came off a horrible injury in his first season. So much potential with Isla, and I have a feeling he will explode on the scene again next season, wherever it is he ends up. Hopefully he stays with us.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I see no reason to keep him. We could do far better with cheaper, younger, riskier backups with more upside.
Pretty much. Ideally, I'd keep him around for at least another season, but the thing is we don't actually need him.
Then again, we didn't need him to begin with, so this will turn out to be one crappy deal. I think the initial plan was for him to be our starter & to sell Licht, who's always had his fair share of suitors. But in reality, that has never even looked like feasible.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
We actually need him; more precisely we need him to play in a better form consistently.

I prefer us to extend his loan deal, like the media have predicted before. I just don't see us acquire a MUCH better RWB soon. Might as well give him another chance.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Couldnt care less if we let go of our 3rd or 4th choice rwb (depending if one considers Caceres as an option for that position too) or not. Unlucky about the injury and missing a huge part of the campaign, yet one of the poorest performers for us last season, every time he got a chance to play, he was average at best. There are more than enough reasons why Conte prefers other player(s) before Isla when Licht is not available, and rightfully so, our coach pays more attention to players` behaviour during games and training sessions other than their FIFA ratings and FM potential abilities.

Its strange though that most of the people who are against "wasting resourses for additional cb" (which we do need, as January showed us) are willing to approve the almost 10 mil fee the club needs to pay to fully own Mauricio, who may or may not improve and show his so called big potential...

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Stupid move if true. He deserves another chance, and it's not like we have quality in abundance for that particular position. One Licht injury and we are truly $#@!ed.
Yeah, but I think Padoin got promoted to being vice-Licht. Remember how many times he came on as a sub and not Isla

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Isla has the potential to be awesome, if given the chance. I don't see us discarding the useless midget anytime soon, and yet we are so keen on getting rid of Isla, who hasn't had the proper chance to prove himself.

Padoin is extremely average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 208)