Mauricio Isla (206 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The number of times I've seen people put him at RW in a 4-3-3 is staggering. Hopefully at least that notion stops.

Isla is improving physically from the start of the year as his leg recovers. But I'm still afraid he might be a strict counter-attacking player, not so unlike Krasic. He seems very limited around the box technically. FFS, how hard is it to fake with your right and cross with your left?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
You guys are so harsh. This guy was one of the best wingbacks in the world and chased by the top teams in Europe before we signed him. Everyone here was fapping over the signing of Isla. And now people question his signing and the price? Hindsight, hindsight..:sergio:

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Not worthy of the 19m. I hope Marotta negotiates it at the end of the season, or else we need to send him back.
Not worth half of it. :alen:

You guys are so harsh. This guy was one of the best wingbacks in the world and chased by the top teams in Europe. Everyone here was fapping over the signing of Isla. And now people question his signing and the price? Hindsight, hindsight..:sergio:
Yes, we do.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
You guys are so harsh. This guy was one of the best wingbacks in the world and chased by the top teams in Europe before we signed him. Everyone here was fapping over the signing of Isla. And now people question his signing and the price? Hindsight, hindsight..:sergio:
i wasn't fapping at all.

he was i na long term injury before we signed him. it was always going to be a risky move signing a player recovering fro ma serious injury (how did he even pass the medical?

he was not needed at all. sure he may have been a good RWB for udinese, but 26 had proven to be a relialbe player for Juve despite his limitations. Then you also had Caceres and Padion doing well there too.

it's was all the more pointless seeing as how we are supposedly low on money and needed a striker. yet we wasted it on this guy

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
lucio's exit was more to do with him wanting out rather than being forced out. But still we should have bought diakite from lazio for a small fee at least
i don't blame him for wanting out when marrone is ahead of you in the pecking order.

club could have told him to be stfu and be more patient. he was always going to get more chances in the 2nd part of season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 206)