Mauricio Isla (100 Viewers)

Jul 10, 2006
http://www.football-italia.net/20469/juve-are-dream-isla

Juve are a dream for Isla

Mauricio Isla says that in joining Juventus he has realised his prime objective of playing for one of the big clubs.

Isla is just an announcement away from being confirmed as a Juventus player after a deal was done with Udinese.

“I’ve been working hard for years in order to get to this point, an opportunity to play for a great team,” he told TVN.

“I became a professional in Udine. I always said that, sooner or later, I would have joined a bigger outfit.

“It’s a dream come true. I am joining one of the strongest teams in Italy and that is important for me as a footballer. It is fundamental for myself and my family.”

Isla, who will arrive in a co-ownership deal along with Kwadwo Asamoah, will team up with an international teammate in Turin.

“I’ll be at Juventus alongside Arturo Vidal, another Chilean, and that is something that has never happened before,” he added. “It’s a great opportunity for me and I’m very happy.

“I want to play and win something important, such as the Champions League. But the project at Juventus is to win everything…”

Isla has already passed his medical in Turin.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
How bad is his injury?
Torn ACL if I'm not mistaken. This type of injury usually takes around 6 months at least to recover (rehab included) from. The ACL plays a huge part in stabilizing the knee joint as it prevents the femur from sliding in front of the tibia. Since it's a ligament, it does'nt heal well unaided, as ligaments have poor vascular supply. Athletes who tear their ACL's, especially nowadays, undergo whats commonly referred to as "knee reconsruction". This invovles surgeons slicing the medial area of the patellar ligament, and suturing it in place of the torn ACL. Surgery is the easy part, but the going gets tough in rehab. Rehabilitation is paramount in recovering from knee reconstruction, as athletes have to build balance and strengthen the new joint. It's often a very gruelling process that really takes a lot of mental strength to recover from. Luckily orthopaedic surgeons nowadays are really good when it comes to knee reconstruction.

Quite a lot of athletes in the past few years have suffered this type of injury, and some have bounced back to their previous levels of performance. Radamel Falcao and Jovetic are some examples. ADP himself (though he lost some pace) recovered very well after injuring his ACL. If you follow gridiron, Tom Brady completely tore his ACL and developed a wound infection postop. That did'nt stop the cunt from having an MVP season upon coming back. If Isla is mentally strong, and worthy to don the black and white stripes, theres no reason he cant comeback and perform the way we expect him to perform.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)