Mauricio Isla - Udinese - Right Wing Back/Midfielder (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We are not doomed.
At any case Asamoah and Isla are not Piazenzas and Padoins
We are significally strengthening our team!

But unfortunately, not where we need it the most. On the league we will be better!
The only sad part is that for one more year we might not have that leap of quality and more of the same. Thats the only regret, those two mean a top class player less.
However Conte will make sure that the coming material will be put in good use and we will overperform.
With previous coaches we were underperforming, thats a world of a difference there.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Is Conte still selfish for having taken the job?
When the choice was made, he was an unproven serie B coach. Thats a fact and nothing will change it!
The wise thing would have been to gain serie A experience and join us after that.
He admitted this himself, he was forced to mature as a coach many years, in just in a few months time.
Lucky for us and for him that he has adapted!

The standard rule, statistically for the wild cards, is that they dont.
Thankfully we were lucky, after so many failures, even with blind luck, we would score a proper hit sometime, im really glad that someone was Conte!

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
I dont rate by youtube, but i remember Isla being generally good at good foward, (2-3 years ago i was excited by the propect of signing him)
as for the RFW, i believe that even a Pepe is misused, my opinion is that it should be a forward, not an offensive midfielder, because an offensive midfielder cant be a real scoring threat. A youtube video can show a Pepe making a Maradona run, go past 3 men and the keeper and scoring a brilliant goal, i even saw it with my own eyes live, in this very season,
but it is really not illustrating the players actual talents and match/match performance/role. I am too conservative in that aspect, i admit.
But esp considering that our RSS is not quite a prolific scoarer either, i believe that our trident will be one dimensional and too predicable, if the opposition knows that all they have to do is stop the CF.
One of the reasons IMO, that our forward line wasnt that productive in end result, despite beind quite productive at creating scoring chances.

I seriously rate Sorensen and i prefered him to Motta as a RB starter, but we finally have a top class dedicated RB in Licht, i player i ve always adnired and was convinced of, even from the day we signed him.
Caceres is someone i never rated much defensively, but his speed and technique complements Licht and when we need a more offensive approach, we now have the answer.
A really balanced combo, Sorensen should be called, imo because in the longer season, we might need more depth, but anything above a youngster would be a waste of resources, let alone a 16mil investment.
I sincerely hope that is not what we bought Isla for.

Boriello unfortunately is our starter atm, Conte prefers him over Matri and Quaqs and until he is replaced, he will be considered as such.
Therefore it is our highest priority to replace him, before we start splashing 32mil to hijack Inter's deals...

IMO in a standard 4-3-3 Isla can only play as the right hand CM, but since our 4-3-3 is not quite a 4-3-3 but more of an assymetric 4-1-4-1, with the lateral midfielders providing actual support upfront, but still defend when necessary, Isla can play there, for the very reason Krasic couldnt and Pepe can, because he can also offer active support wide when we defend. To what degree though?
That means that we might invest an extra 15mil on a similar quality, more offensive solution, like Destro.
I would prefer Jovetic instead of those 2 and a standard 4-3-3.

But i guess we always favor mediocrity, half measures and quantity over quality...
I'll try to be concise and to the point.

-Pepe was a striker, or second striker at least
-We were talking about RWB, Licht definitely a beast as RB, as RWB he is simply lost.
-Im still not so sure Sorensen would make a good RB (one good game against Eto't but no more), he's built for a CB, and he better plays at his designated post.
-Man do you even read the news about Boriello? He's leaving. And at the moment there's no football to be played for the team.
-The rest of your argument may be good, may be not, I cant decide it myself because I dont understand it, apologies :)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
We are not doomed.
At any case Asamoah and Isla are not Piazenzas and Padoins
We are significally strengthening our team!

But unfortunately, not where we need it the most. On the league we will be better!
The only sad part is that for one more year we might not have that leap of quality and more of the same. Thats the only regret, those two mean a top class player less.
However Conte will make sure that the coming material will be put in good use and we will overperform.
With previous coaches we were underperforming, thats a world of a difference there.
Lets just wait until the end of the transfer market to see what improvements we have made.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I'll try to be concise and to the point.

-Pepe was a striker, or second striker at least
-We were talking about RWB, Licht definitely a beast as RB, as RWB he is simply lost.
-Im still not so sure Sorensen would make a good RB (one good game against Eto't but no more), he's built for a CB, and he better plays at his designated post.
-Man do you even read the news about Boriello? He's leaving. And at the moment there's no football to be played for the team.
-The rest of your argument may be good, may be not, I cant decide it myself because I dont understand it, apologies :)
-Pepe is a right midfielder/winger http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simone_Pepe, we misuse him as a SS, because Conte wanted someone who could both defend and attack.
-Not quite effectively i agree! And this is were Caceres comes, who is not ultradefensive, but can attack effectively.
-Agreed, i only said that even off position, he was better than Motta, because Motta was thaat bad... bad the lad is good to have as second sub.
-No i didnt, good news really, but just rumors, as long as he still is here and we are splashing our cash around, i m worried, actually i m terrified. It wont be the first time such a thng would happen...
-Its ok, i honestly thank you for this discussion, you are an example to many forumers here! This is how it should be man!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
When the choice was made, he was an unproven serie B coach. Thats a fact and nothing will change it!
The wise thing would have been to gain serie A experience and join us after that.
He admitted this himself, he was forced to mature as a coach many years, in just in a few months time.
Lucky for us and for him that he has adapted!

The standard rule, statistically for the wild cards, is that they dont.
Thankfully we were lucky, after so many failures, even with blind luck, we would score a proper hit sometime, im really glad that someone was Conte!
Sometimes the risk pays off, sometimes it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)