Mattia De Sciglio (18 Viewers)

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Cancelo probably would scored or be heavily involved in a important away goal but no let's lose 2-0 with even trying a leg instead of maybe losing 2-1 or get a win. Some of you have the same pussy ass mentality as Alegri and don't deserve any CL.
Exactly, some dumb fugs in this forum thinks that ‘defensive’ fullbacks still have a place in this game. I’ll be frank, if you are a fullback with no attacking capability, consider changing your career. You will never be a world class player.

With the speed of today’s game, defensive tactics puts you in a highly disadvantageous situation where one mistake will put you in a situation of chasing the game. However, if you spend 70% of your time spamming the opponent with crosses and shots, you get to force them to make that one mistake that will cause them to chase the game.

Simple equation of probability and permutation, that Italians seem to be unable to understand.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Exactly, some dumb fugs in this forum thinks that ‘defensive’ fullbacks still have a place in this game. I’ll be frank, if you are a fullback with no attacking capability, consider changing your career. You will never be a world class player.

With the speed of today’s game, defensive tactics puts you in a highly disadvantageous situation where one mistake will put you in a situation of chasing the game. However, if you spend 70% of your time spamming the opponent with crosses and shots, you get to force them to make that one mistake that will cause them to chase the game.

Simple equation of probability and permutation, that Italians seem to be unable to understand.
Having good attacking full backs in key to success in the modern game especially in the CL just looks at madrid ffs 4 CLS with marcelo who never defended at all but he made up for that by being so good at going forward and cancelo is the same way. Its worrying that are genius manager doesnt understand this but some of are fans do.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
MdS didn't concede a goal by his own so he was good :lol3:... he wasn't motm just becaue he missed the ball twice in an amateur way, almost cost us a penalty, never connect with Paulo or Bentan and create nothing in attack but hey, he was great

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Don't know, apparently centre-backs don't need to be able to defend either these days :D

I get what you are saying though, I always like my fullbacks to be able to defend but the game has evolved so much that more and more they are about being an extra attacker. I think it is widely regarded that Cancelo is one of the top RB's at the moment and I struggle to think of many better despite his weaknesses.

Who would you say are the best RBs?
Good point :D

As for who is or isn't better than Cancelo, I couldn't say. And I do like him so far.
And if people say an RB's main job is not to defend, then that is fine by me, but that also means someone else is going to have to do it & cover for him when necessary. Take a look at our current team & setup though: who is going to move & cover for our RB/LB?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)