Mattia De Sciglio (47 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Starts over Cancelo because he's somehow supposedly the more defensively secure one. Fucks up in defence 50 times and also about as useful in attack at Buffon.

I'd rather Cancelo losing the ball 20 yards from the Atleti goal than this guy constantly miss judging long balls aimed at our corner flag.

But hey he really locks down his flank against Seriea A farmer's that get 2 touches in our half all game so he must be Maldini.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the few positives tonight.
Huh?

Trips over his own feet nearly gives up a penalty, plays the worst passes I've ever seen between him and Bentancur and fucks up a really easy to deal with long ball that Costa could've hurt us with had he not been marginally offside. He was a solid 3/10 today

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Hmmm, I wouldn't say that. I mean, for an RB to be the best in the world, shouldn't he be somewhat decent at actual defending? :D
Marcelo at Madrid isn't great defending but he's so good going forward he makes up for it. Cancelo is the same mold having good attacking full backs is key in modern game. It's a travesty that he was rotting on the bench last night.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No, he isn't. De Sciglio was just as bad as everyone else. He rarely ventured forward and he almost cost us a penalty. His job became easier once Costa came off, but it's not like he put in a stellar performance. He was bang average, and that's not a positive in my book.
Was he at fault for any of the goals?

That “almost” PK happened because legs got crossed

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Was he at fault for any of the goals?
Him being on the field is one of the main reasons why Juve didn't have the initiative because he can neither dribble nor does he have a great pass unlike Cancelo... he's slow, which was exploited by D.Costa when he won the freekick and Griezmann when his shot was deflected onto the bar... and I suppose he realised that too when he kept on slipping because his knees won't support his intended acceleration... he's also deemed not good enough to mark one of the Atleti's big lads in set pieces, he's usually near the edge of the box going after Correa, etc. so naturally he wasn't in the thick of things during the setpieces (usually both A.Sandro or Cancelo have marking responsibilities in set pieces).

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Him being on the field is one of the main reasons why Juve didn't have the initiative because he can neither dribble nor does he have a great pass unlike Cancelo... he's slow, which was exploited by D.Costa when he won the freekick and Griezmann when his shot was deflected onto the bar... and I suppose he realised that too when he kept on slipping because his knees won't support his intended acceleration... he's also deemed not good enough to mark one of the Atleti's big lads in set pieces, he's usually near the edge of the box going after Correa, etc. so naturally he wasn't in the thick of things during the setpieces (usually both A.Sandro or Cancelo have marking responsibilities in set pieces).
He wasn’t in the lineup to attack or contribute to the team the way Sandro is “supposed” to.

lol at people expecting him to attack. Wasn’t at fault for any of the goals. For an avenger defender he is doing fine.

Juve-Boner

May 6, 2012
He wasn’t in the lineup to attack or contribute to the team the way Sandro is “supposed” to.

lol at people expecting him to attack. Wasn’t at fault for any of the goals. For an avenger defender he is doing fine.
YES SO MUCH LOL HERE, LOL THERE. Please come back from whatever planet you were watching the match from. Its the year 2019 on earth, we demand footballers can play offensively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)