Mattia De Sciglio (7 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Asamoah was also superb for us pre-injuries. People seem to have short memories.
He was definitely solid, but I wouldn't say superb. It was really painful watching in Conte's 3-5-2 because he didn't have the skill to beat defenders and whip in crosses. He'd run down the left, cut back onto his right foot then pass it off to Pirlo every. single. time.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think what's even more sad/pathetic than people bashing this dud are the ones who are under this illusion that he's suddenly going to thrive or turn into an amazing prospect @ RB. He was never that good to begin with. Form is temporary, class is permanent. De Sciglio, at the peak of his powers, was in good form. His class has always been mediocre/average at best.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I think what's even more sad/pathetic than people bashing this dud are the ones who are under this illusion that he's suddenly going to thrive or turn into an amazing prospect @ RB. He was never that good to begin with. Form is temporary, class is permanent. De Sciglio, at the peak of his powers, was in good form. His class has always been mediocre/average at best.
Not liking De Sciglio is one thing.

Saying he was "never" good to begin with or mediocre/average at best is really just revising history.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
He was definitely solid, but I wouldn't say superb. It was really painful watching in Conte's 3-5-2 because he didn't have the skill to beat defenders and whip in crosses. He'd run down the left, cut back onto his right foot then pass it off to Pirlo every. single. time.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Not liking De Sciglio is one thing.

Saying he was "never" good to begin with or mediocre/average at best is really just revising history.
It's not like he was consistently good either, he's the Pato of defenders, still waiting for that injury-free season to show everyone what he's capable of

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is not the Pato of defenders, Pato performed like a top world class talent at his youngest high days. Milan looked they hit the gold mine until injuries (and lack of motivation) ruined him.

MDS never showed half of that upside.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
He is not the Pato of defenders, Pato performed like a top world class talent at his youngest high days. Milan looked they hit the gold mine until injuries (and lack of motivation) ruined him.

Strikers in general are more important and expensive than fulbacks, but Id argue that MDS was a top top fulbackk talent whenn he started out

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005

I blame Barbera Berlusconi's pussy.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
As things stand I see no difference between this guy and De Ceglie. Both looked promising as Fullbacks to start their careers, lots of potential, seemingly lots of talent, but neither seems a very motivated or driven to improve type of player, and it's shown as they both stagnated and even regressed as they moved into their mid-twenties. It was more obvious with De Ceglie as he was trying to fight for a spot at a top club in Juve, whereas de Sciglio has had it easy without much competition for spots in an awful Milan... but he's likely to be an unreliable backup at best imo. I hope he surprises me and starts working a lot damn harder to fulfil his potential but seems unlikely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)