Mattia De Sciglio (43 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
As things stand I see no difference between this guy and De Ceglie. Both looked promising as Fullbacks to start their careers, lots of potential, seemingly lots of talent, but neither seems a very motivated or driven to improve type of player, and it's shown as they both stagnated and even regressed as they moved into their mid-twenties. It was more obvious with De Ceglie as he was trying to fight for a spot at a top club in Juve, whereas de Sciglio has had it easy without much competition for spots in an awful Milan... but he's likely to be an unreliable backup at best imo. I hope he surprises me and starts working a lot damn harder to fulfil his potential but seems unlikely.
Im not thrilled of what i have seen from De Sciglio so far. Of course we have to understand he only joined us and hasnt had time to settle in and work with the rest of the defenders much in terms of gelling.

However, he is 24. For a defender its still sort of young. I remember we signed Bonucci at 23 and he didnt look all that amazing at start, first season was 10-11 and well a lot of players didnt play well, he did have occasional brainfarts as he continued to develop.

De Ceglie was just a dumb player who had no brain imo. Never established himself anywhere (had loans to Genoa, Parma, Marseille),

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Im not thrilled of what i have seen from De Sciglio so far. Of course we have to understand he only joined us and hasnt had time to settle in and work with the rest of the defenders much in terms of gelling.

However, he is 24. For a defender its still sort of young. I remember we signed Bonucci at 23 and he didnt look all that amazing at start, first season was 10-11 and well a lot of players didnt play well, he did have occasional brainfarts as he continued to develop.

De Ceglie was just a dumb player who had no brain imo. Never established himself anywhere (had loans to Genoa, Parma, Marseille),
:shifty:

- - - Updated - - -
@Dru De Shitlio is not a gift, but a curse. Would you be happy with a giant turd for Christmas or a mountain of poop on your birthday? I highly doubt it :p

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
:shifty:

- - - Updated - - -
@Dru De $#@!lio is not a gift, but a curse. Would you be happy with a giant turd for Christmas or a mountain of poop on your birthday? I highly doubt it :p
Give him a chance. He is still in Milan mode, where he was frustrated and unhappy. Things are just starting. From what I read today Allegri is a firm believer that he will come back and so was Conte when he played him in the Euros, where he was excellent. Talk in a couple of months!!!!!

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Give him a chance. He is still in Milan mode, where he was frustrated and unhappy. Things are just starting. From what I read today Allegri is a firm believer that he will come back and so was Conte when he played him in the Euros, where he was excellent. Talk in a couple of months!!!!!
I don't rate him, and I never did. Excellent is a stretch; he was solid defensively, but absolute garbage going forward. He has 0 presence in the final third, and can't cross to save his life. I hope he proves me wrong, but I highly doubt it. It's shameful that it seems likely that we're potentially stuck with him as our starting RB. Back to the dark days of Motta it is.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
“De Sciglio? He had two good years with me [at Milan] but then got a bit lost. He needs to find his feet again so he can put in good performances once more. He has to get that security back.

“Still, he and Lichtsteiner give me guarantees on the right-hand side." - Allegri

MDS AND LICHT :tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)