Mattia De Sciglio (11 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And De Sciglio wasn't a train wreck himself? Man how biased you are. Danilo showed the level of performances De Sciglio can only dream of. Even Aurier has put in beastly performances.

De Sciglio at his best was a very solid fullback. Not world class or dint show any WC talent but he was a solid player.
Bar his initial breakthrough season, he showed nothing of note.

Of course he's ours now and I obviously want him to succeed but there was nothing wrong in people preferring Danilo or even Aurier over him. And judging by your previous posts , you're probably a nationalistic poster who puts nationality ahead of quality which is frankly annoying.
Which is why he costs only 12m.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Comparing how bad Danilo was to De Sciglio and you call me biased...

Do you watch Madrid games? I lived with, and watch football with a bunch of Madrid fans every week. He was literally like having a player against them every time he played. In De Sciglio's bad form, he was just average. Merely one more player there. In Danilo's Madrid time he has been a catastrophe. He has been activate making things worse for them on the pitch.

Aurier's crap attitude is a ticking bomb. I guess then it depends on how you see the club. For me a player like that should never be anywhere near Juve. Alves was already enough bullcrap and he looks like a nun compared to Aurier.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah its telling that his team sucks and that fullback shouldn't be judged on assists. He was great under Allegri and Conte, he'll c9me through for us.
Haha, it's still individual performances
, assisting 6 times in 128 games means you are NON FACTOR going forward, it's as simple as that. Fullback is a big time two way role, in this era more then others, you need to attack as well as defend, and if you can't contribute going forward, you don't get starting places, especially for a top team. He has been an utter failure for a weak Milan, that's a fact. Your own quality or individual performances shouldn't be excused.

5-6 assists is what a fullback should have per season, not after 5 years...

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Of course he's ours now and I obviously want him to succeed but there was nothing wrong in people preferring Danilo or even Aurier over him. And judging by your previous posts , you're probably a nationalistic poster who puts nationality ahead of quality which is frankly annoying.
I hadn't read this last part. Come on, I would love for you to show me some examples. The only person making this a nationality argument is you. So if you have a problem with where people come from, that's your issue, not mine.

My first post outside of introducing myself was to praise Mandzukic. Calling Licht a legend. Defending Dybala as I like how he plays his new position. Posting that Higuain was the key to winning the scudetto. Etc. I wonder how many posts have I made in one of our Italians player thread, very few.

Preferring to spend 12m on De Sciglio over 30m on Danilo or the cancer that is Aurier, something which would also prevent us from getting Douglas Costa, isn't about nationality. Its logic. But see it however you want, I guess the management agrees with me. If we could have got Carvajal or Alaba then go for it, or I guess not since they are not Italian?

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
We don't need attacking fullbacks if we actually have quality wingers
The quality wingers turn slightly above average when they are supported by offensively-incompetent full backs.

I still think MDS totally worth the investment for that price though.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We don't need attacking fullbacks if we actually have quality wingers
Thats bullshit and you know it. You are absolete if you can't carry your load and add the pressure going forward. You don't have to be a Marcelo but be somewhat capable and threatening atleast. Otherwise your limit will be bench spot. Because guess what? Most attacking fullbacks can defend.

It's become a role that's tactically very vital, to be the extra man that builds momentum and gives you 2 vs 1 situations on the wing (creates space for winger too, imagine how easy it would be to follow Robben inwards if Lahm was useless overlapping, crossing to Lewandowski). That's pretty much how Bayern fvcks us over throughout the years, and how Real killed us off on final, couldn't cope when the fullbacks got space wide due to the wing forwards moving in, and 2 of the goals was solely due to them.

And also pretty much how Conte won EPL title, how he used his wingbacks movement together with the wingers essentially insured they always one man more then opposition and easily created openings.

Just imagine Asamoah and Licht starting same time again like last season, and then say what you just said with straight face again.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
@Osman we have seen players transcend here. Allegri absolutely wanted him.

Maybe he can squize out the potential he was predicted toto have years ago ?

You ought to give him a chance.

And i'm saying this with disappointment, i wanted Danilo here aswel and that idea died

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Osman we have seen players transcend here. Allegri absolutely wanted him.

Maybe he can squize out the potential he was predicted toto have years ago ?

You ought to give him a chance.

And i'm saying this with disappointment, i wanted Danilo here aswel and that idea died
I'm fine with him as backup for 12m (rest is jokes for Dru), even if I dont rate him. But what I dont abide by is BS revionism just because we signed him. He doesnt suddenly become a new player because we signed him, you can have better performances, fit in better with your specific role in higher level team etc. But you do NOT become a new player, and the player we know DS to be is someone who cant attack for shit, he's just solid at best. So why pretend he is someone he isnt just because we signed him? Or talk like attacking aspect dont matter for fullbacks? Its HUGE, its stupid to say otherwise. Tell me the last top team fullback who couldnt contribute offensively? Even conservative defensive RB like Sagna could go up and cross the ball on occasion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)