Mattia Caldara (8 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
add seven too to the bunch, you fuckers :heart:

btw thanks for trolling the shit out of this thread, at least i can have a laugh at this otherwise shortsighted deal.
I think you're just looking at things way off-kilter, my friend.

If you look at it this way:

Sold: Higuain + Caldara

Purchased: Ronaldo + Bonucci + Cancelo + Can + Perin

We sold 1 starter (30) and 1 high potential Rotation CB (24)

We brought in 3 starters (33, 31, 24) and 2 borderline starters/first options off bench (25, 24)

Y'all need to stop isolating this deal in a vacuum and look at the context of entire mercato.

Caldara is easily worth the sacrifice for what we brought in. The big picture in this mercato is so unbelievably rosy.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I think you're just looking at things way off-kilter, my friend.

If you look at it this way:

Sold: Higuain + Caldara

Purchased: Ronaldo + Bonucci + Cancelo + Can + Perin

We sold 1 starter (30) and 1 high potential Rotation CB (24)

We brought in 3 starters (33, 31, 24) and 2 borderline starters/first options off bench (25, 24)

Y'all need to stop isolating this deal in a vacuum and look at the context of entire mercato.

Caldara is easily worth the sacrifice for what we brought in. The big picture in this mercato is so unbelievably rosy.
Like we said earlier. Sacrifices has to happen somewhere in order to balance it all out. If you threw that list as an option a month ago everyone would snap your arm for that deal to happen.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The big picture in this mercato is so unbelievably rosy.
agreed, until we sell pjanic :snoop:

btw it's even more simple than your grand scheme: yet again, juve sacrificed the future for the present. barza should have retired at the end of last season, and we wouldn't have this conversation. i'm getting redundant by saying i'd be happy with a chiellini, benatia, rugani, caldara, bonucci cb roster.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
He actually pees lifting his leg upwards after sniffing for older piss
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

agreed, until we sell pjanic :snoop:

btw it's even more simple than your grand scheme: yet again, juve sacrificed the future for the present. barza should have retired at the end of last season, and we wouldn't have this conversation. i'm getting redundant by saying i'd be happy with a chiellini, benatia, rugani, caldara, bonucci cb roster.
Adding De Ligt next season for dat CB youth

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Adding De Ligt next season for dat CB youth
yeah, for 50m or maybe even more :tup:

meanwhile, we are likely to have trouble with filling the 4-man association grown contingent with quality italian players in 2-3 years, and drop all 4 homegrown spots in the cl.

see us to overpay for mediocre italians, just like those elp clubs do with english "talents" :baus:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
We got ourselves sweet recompra deals on Mandragora and Favilli, no?

50 for De Ligt is pocketchange with the incoming gazillion from cr7 effect.

Typed wearing cr7 undies and gagball

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
yeah, for 50m or maybe even more :tup:

meanwhile, we are likely to have trouble with filling the 4-man association grown contingent with quality italian players in 2-3 years, and drop all 4 homegrown spots in the cl.

see us to overpay for mediocre italians, just like those elp clubs do with english "talents" :baus:
In CL its like this 8 places for:
1. Club-trained players – players who were on a club's books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21;
2. Association-trained players – players who were on another club's books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21. No club can have more than four association-trained players among their eight nominees on List A.

What is the difference between CL and Serie A here? I think i heard Serie A is even more restricted?
From our perspective for the group 1 we could use 3rd keeper, Kean as Ronaldo backup and? There is none...

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
In CL its like this 8 places for:
1. Club-trained players – players who were on a club's books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21;
2. Association-trained players – players who were on another club's books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21. No club can have more than four association-trained players among their eight nominees on List A.

What is the difference between CL and Serie A here? I think i heard Serie A is even more restricted?
From our perspective for the group 1 we could use 3rd keeper, Kean as Ronaldo backup and? There is none...
iirc uefa rules are more strict, that's why we had a full squad in the championship, and had to exclude one player (poor licht usually for the 1st half of the season :D ) from the uefa list. as per italian rules, the player has to be in the books (so a loan would still count), while for the uefa, only players being actually in the squad count. for instance, rugani is homegrown in the championship, association grown on the uefa list.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Its frustrating that the mods are not putting Caldara and Higuain in the history thread. It frustrates me just like the whole CR7 thing frustrated me when they refused to put hin in the player thread or even the Mercato thread and we had to have that riduculous CR7 thread in the Player Scoutung section.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Its frustrating that the mods are not putting Caldara and Higuain in the history thread. It frustrates me just like the whole CR7 thing frustrated me when they refused to put hin in the player thread or even the Mercato thread and we had to have that riduculous CR7 thread in the Player Scoutung section.
terrible indeed. i'm on the edge of hanging myself with my mouse cord.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)