Mattia Caldara (6 Viewers)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
And it's not even about Caldara. Who here has seen him play any matches aside from when he was playing against us? And the times that he did do well against us, it was playing against Higuain, a player that a lot of us were frustrated about his lack of ability to shake his marker.

This is ALL about the fact that he is being exchanged for Bonucci.

If Atletico Madrid came calling and said "Hey, we'll give you Godin for Caldara". Not only would Juve have done it, but the fans would be building a gold statue of Beppe outside of the headquarters.

- - - Updated - - -

Except we are trying to win everything in the next year or two. For better or worse, this club does not have the time to hand minutes to a defender who has not proven himself at this level. Even Rugani, for all his critics, has proven far more at this point in his career.

- - - Updated - - -

Except that he is not in Milan anymore though, is he? He's going to be flanked by Chiellini, Sandro and Cancelo,
That's never a good idea. Betting so much on short term success in the CL is extremely risky. Even the best team in the world needs a lot of luck to win the CL.

What exactly has Rugani proven more than Caldara. I'd rather have a young player who has done well at a midtable team, then a young player who's been at a top club for 3 seasons and hasn't progressed one bit.

Btw I'm not against keeping Rugani. But we have to sell one of them, I'd rather keep Caldara.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
And it's not even about Caldara. Who here has seen him play any matches aside from when he was playing against us? And the times that he did do well against us, it was playing against Higuain, a player that a lot of us were frustrated about his lack of ability to shake his marker.

This is ALL about the fact that he is being exchanged for Bonucci.

If Atletico Madrid came calling and said "Hey, we'll give you Godin for Caldara". Not only would Juve have done it, but the fans would be building a gold statue of Beppe outside of the headquarters.

- - - Updated - - -

Except we are trying to win everything in the next year or two. For better or worse, this club does not have the time to hand minutes to a defender who has not proven himself at this level. Even Rugani, for all his critics, has proven far more at this point in his career.

- - - Updated - - -

Except that he is not in Milan anymore though, is he? He's going to be flanked by Chiellini, Sandro and Cancelo,
Not if it's a straight swap. Clearly, Caldara is worth more at the moment.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I think a part of the reason for the disappointment is because he is not deemed as aggressive enough.

Tell me. When you are being partnered up with Chiellini or Benatia, how aggressive can you afford to be?

I also think that unlike a lot of defenders who use physicality to dispossess his opponent, Rugani uses technique. There is a reason why he was such a stalwart at Empoli whilst not picking up a single yellow card for a full season.
That's the main reason why Rugani is so overhyped. And like a said a while ago, 0 yellow cards for a whole season is not a good sign for a CB.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That's never a good idea. Betting so much on short term success in the CL is extremely risky. Even the best team in the world needs a lot of luck to win the CL.

What exactly has Rugani proven more than Caldara. I'd rather have a young player who has done well at a midtable team, then a young player who's been at a top club for 3 seasons and hasn't progressed one bit.

Btw I'm not against keeping Rugani. But we have to sell one of them, I'd rather keep Caldara.
But Rugani did very well at Empoli as well though. The career trajectory is basically identical, except that Rugani has played major minutes for a top club the past 2 seasons.

And in regards to us betting it all on the CL. What other options did we have, considering that we are not our own ATM machine the way the Manchester clubs, PSG, Real, and Barcelona are?

Isn't this what people wanted? Didn't we want this club to make a serious push at winning the CL? And now that we are going all in, we are suddenly short sighted?

- - - Updated - - -

Not if it's a straight swap. Clearly, Caldara is worth more at the moment.
Based on what? His age?

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
What are you talking about, we live in an era when young and promising players are way more expensive than established champions,
That's why a player like Donarumma is worthy of 120mil and Buffon left for free.

We rated Caldara higher than Rugani in our pecking order, and Rugani was valued for 55mil. So Caldara is worthy more than that...
It doesn't matter if Bonucci is better.
Like it doesn't matter that Chiellini is better than Romagnoli, the later would cost thrice the money to get
Cronios is schooling all of you fools. Only somebody who has no clue about the transfer market would think Bonucci is worth more than Caldara.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

He's progressed so little that he was our first choice CB for the scudetto battle this year? Played the full 90 in 7 of last 8, 11 of last 14... and we didn't lose a single one of those matches.

Wasn't playing those matches the previous two years.

No progression at all. :baus:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I think its pretty obvious we simply dont have time or place to develope these youngsters. We are a top team and all that matters here is winning. Especially now. Caldara wouldnt start here. Also when you look at our recent policy and players linked with. We could have gambled with Rugani last season but we signed Benatia. Now we are close to sign Bonucci. If papers are to believed we asked about Godin. These are all experienced defenders in 30s.

I would have liked to make some loan deal regarding Caldara. But i think its clear we will buy finished articles when in couple of years we have to replace Chiellini, Barzagli, Benatia.

What i would say is that 23-24 is still young for defender. Varane is exception. Remember Chiellini at 24 was hardly a world beater. But we are in a position were we dont have time to nurse kids at the back.
Funny how Real Madrid have time to integrate young prospects but we don't because we are top team. Why exactly are we so desperate.

The italians' obsession with experience is one of the reasons why italian football's gone down the shitter. It's not just money. Compare the quality of the italian players now and 15-20 years ago. What happened? Is it that Italians suddenly stopped being talented or is it improper development? I'd say the second.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

You don't even fucking know Caldara.

For all you know he is a large cauldron-like hollow that forms following the evacuation of a magma chamber/reservoir.

Muh Caldara :cry:
I've seen a little bit of him. Just like I've seen a few of your posts but it's enough to know you are clueless.

Besides, Marotta spend good money on him a while ago and since then Atalanta have had solid results with him at CB almost every game. Does that count for nothing?

Regardless of our opinions on his football qualities, do you dispute the obvious fact that he is worth more than Bonucci atm?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Marotta spent good money on Rugani, and we've had fantastic results when he plays. 52 wins-3 losses -4 draws in 59 matches with Rugani in Serie A and CL.

But you seem to dismiss this and say he is never going to be good enough, while crediting Caldara for the exact same things. :baus:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Based on what? His age?
Yes

But Rugani did very well at Empoli as well though. The career trajectory is basically identical, except that Rugani has played major minutes for a top club the past 2 seasons.

And in regards to us betting it all on the CL. What other options did we have, considering that we are not our own ATM machine the way the Manchester clubs, PSG, Real, and Barcelona are?

Isn't this what people wanted? Didn't we want this club to make a serious push at winning the CL? And now that we are going all in, we are suddenly short sighted?
Merely playing minutes for a top club doesn't count for much. Besides, Rugani and Caldara are probably in the same price range and both are worth more than Bonucci.

And no, I personally never wanted us to sacrifice our financial stability, long term prospects and the entire business model that lifted us from the shithole we were in 2010 and brought us here, for slightly higher possibliry of winning the CL.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Marotta spent good money on Rugani, and we've had fantastic results when he plays. 52 wins-3 losses -4 draws in 59 matches with Rugani in Serie A and CL.

But you seem to dismiss this and say he is never going to be good enough, while crediting Caldara for the exact same things. :baus:
Stop quoting team results which speak very little about his personal qualities. It makes you look like you've never actually seen a football match.

I'm not saying Rugani is definitely not gonna make it. I'm saying he came here with high expectations and so far he hasn't impressed me. He is still young for a CB, though, it's still possible.

Caldara comes here with a lot more experience than what Rugani had when he came.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Stop quoting team results which speak very little about his personal qualities. It makes you look like you've never actually seen a football match.

I'm not saying Rugani is definitely not gonna make it. I'm saying he came here with high expectations and so far he hasn't impressed me. He is still young for a CB, though, it's still possible.

Caldara comes here with a lot more experience than what Rugani had when he came.
Stop rating Caldara while barely having seen him play. It makes you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about. :p

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Stop rating Caldara while barely having seen him play. It makes you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about. :p
I don't rate him, he's a prospect. I've seen Rugani and I don't rate him. I don't want that piece of shit Bonucci and we don't need him.

Therefore, I don't like this swap. What's so hard to understand?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Mediocre player. Next Masi

Rugani is a notch above let alone Bonucci who is levels above this talentless hack. Good riddance

Excited over Bon Bon. Honestly I'm fucking stoked over his return
@Post Ironic

Jun 6, 2015
Mediocre player. Next Masi

Rugani is a notch above let alone Bonucci who is levels above this talentless hack. Good riddance

Excited over Bon Bon. Honestly I'm fucking stoked over his return
@Post Ironic
You need to up your troll game because the bolded part is actually true. For the rest I'll give you :tup: for effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)