Mattia Caldara (17 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
You should have missed 3 straight domestic doubles and two CL finals runs with Bonucci in a back 4 under Allegri.

He must be so bad. Explains why we won CL as soon as he left :baus:
Thats easy dude. He was backed up by 3 world class players,he was in the middle of them. Even you could have pulled it.

Take him out of that WC Unit of defenders and he is what you saw in Milan.

He is a shipwreck.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This meltdown over caldara ::lol3::

You would think we were selling our prize asset Dybala and replacing him Gianluca Jabroni of Udinese
And it's not even about Caldara. Who here has seen him play any matches aside from when he was playing against us? And the times that he did do well against us, it was playing against Higuain, a player that a lot of us were frustrated about his lack of ability to shake his marker.

This is ALL about the fact that he is being exchanged for Bonucci.

If Atletico Madrid came calling and said "Hey, we'll give you Godin for Caldara". Not only would Juve have done it, but the fans would be building a gold statue of Beppe outside of the headquarters.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot your brain again today? I'd rather have a young player with potential who may or may not make it, then 31 yo Bonucci on 5.5m net. We don't need him when we have Benatia and from a purely fan's pov, I don't want him.
Except we are trying to win everything in the next year or two. For better or worse, this club does not have the time to hand minutes to a defender who has not proven himself at this level. Even Rugani, for all his critics, has proven far more at this point in his career.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats easy dude. He was backed up by 3 world class players,he was in the middle of them. Even you could have pulled it.

Take him out of that WC Unit of defenders and he is what you saw in Milan.

He is a shipwreck.
Except that he is not in Milan anymore though, is he? He's going to be flanked by Chiellini, Sandro and Cancelo,

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You also might have missed Juve's defense allowing 3 less goals and +12 greater goal differential without Bonucci last year. No doubt Juve would have won a CL title with him if he stayed. :baus:
Only watched Serie A games last year eh? Very important having better defensive record against the minnow clubs of Serie A. :mut:

12 goals conceded in 10 CL matches.

vs.

7 goals conceded in 13 CL matches.

But our defense was just as good in the important matches. :baus:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
And it's not even about Caldara. Who here has seen him play any matches aside from when he was playing against us? And the times that he did do well against us, it was playing against Higuain, a player that a lot of us were frustrated about his lack of ability to shake his marker.

This is ALL about the fact that he is being exchanged for Bonucci.

If Atletico Madrid came calling and said "Hey, we'll give you Godin for Caldara". Not only would Juve have done it, but the fans would be building a gold statue of Beppe outside of the headquarters.

- - - Updated - - -

Except we are trying to win everything in the next year or two. For better or worse, this club does not have the time to hand minutes to a defender who has not proven himself at this level. Even Rugani, for all his critics, has proven far more at this point in his career.

- - - Updated - - -

Except that he is not in Milan anymore though, is he? He's going to be flanked by Chiellini, Sandro and Cancelo,
Spot on.

This like 30% Caldara with no buyback, 60% Bonucci, 10% about Giving Higuain on loan with option and not obligation.

Thats the rage % dissected

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
You can say Bonucci was awful in that CL final against Madrid for example but some of the goals that Buffon let in was an absolute joke. His reactions were slow for the first and especially the crucial 2nd goal which led to the collapse. A younger, more agile keeper would have saved Casemiro's shot.

My biggest takeaway this summer especially as far as the defense is concerned is we have a better keeper. No more ageing legs of Buffon who is awful at playing the ball out from the back and no more of his slow reactions. His leadership will be missed but we have new leaders like Chiellini and Ronaldo who are ready to take over.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I think its pretty obvious we simply dont have time or place to develope these youngsters. We are a top team and all that matters here is winning. Especially now. Caldara wouldnt start here. Also when you look at our recent policy and players linked with. We could have gambled with Rugani last season but we signed Benatia. Now we are close to sign Bonucci. If papers are to believed we asked about Godin. These are all experienced defenders in 30s.

I would have liked to make some loan deal regarding Caldara. But i think its clear we will buy finished articles when in couple of years we have to replace Chiellini, Barzagli, Benatia.

What i would say is that 23-24 is still young for defender. Varane is exception. Remember Chiellini at 24 was hardly a world beater. But we are in a position were we dont have time to nurse kids at the back.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Could be, but him as a defender is a unit ill never ever trust. He can be great with us again, make no mistake... but as a standalone defender he is nothing. Just a great passer and thats it.

I do not agree with this trade, but i can see him helping us with the long balls, thats a given.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You can say Bonucci was awful in that CL final against Madrid for example but some of the goals that Buffon let in was an absolute joke. His reactions were slow for the first and especially the crucial 2nd goal which led to the collapse. A younger, more agile keeper would have saved Casemiro's shot.

My biggest takeaway this summer especially as far as the defense is concerned is we have a better keeper. No more ageing legs of Buffon who is awful at playing the ball out from the back and no more of his slow reactions. His leadership will be missed but we have new leaders like Chiellini and Ronaldo who are ready to take over.
:tup:

The 3rd goal by Ronaldo in CL final was a joke too, from a bad angle. Went right through his hands.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Spot on.

This like 30% Caldara with no buyback, 60% Bonucci, 10% about Giving Higuain on loan with option and not obligation.

Thats the rage % dissected
That option is going to be taken up. Higuain won't agree to go unless they redeem the option

- - - Updated - - -

I think its pretty obvious we simply dont have time or place to develope these youngsters. We are a top team and all that matters here is winning. Especially now. Caldara wouldnt start here. Also when you look at our recent policy and players linked with. We could have gambled with Rugani last season but we signed Benatia. Now we are close to sign Bonucci. If papers are to believed we asked about Godin. These are all experienced defenders in 30s.

I would have liked to make some loan deal regarding Caldara. But i think its clear we will buy finished articles when in couple of years we have to replace Chiellini, Barzagli, Benatia.

What i would say is that 23-24 is still young for defender. Varane is exception. Remember Chiellini at 24 was hardly a world beater. But we are in a position were we dont have time to nurse kids at the back.
And we already have a young-ish defender who is more versatile, slightly younger than Caldara, and more importantly, has played crucial matches for this club at this stage of his career.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Forgot your brain again today? I'd rather have a young player with potential who may or may not make it, then 31 yo Bonucci on 5.5m net. We don't need him when we have Benatia and from a purely fan's pov, I don't want him.

You don't even fucking know Caldara.

For all you know he is a large cauldron-like hollow that forms following the evacuation of a magma chamber/reservoir.

Muh Caldara :cry:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What if they dont?
Then Milan would have broken their word to him.

Which , I know, wouldn't be the first time, but we have to remember that Milan are our sporting rivals, but absolutely not our business rivals. They have done business many times over the years, and it has always been amicable. I doubt that they would do something to jeopardize that. Look at it this way. How good of a relationship do they have when the Agnelli's helped them obtain the funds to get Bonucci last year in the first place.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That option is going to be taken up. Higuain won't agree to go unless they redeem the option

- - - Updated - - -

And we already have a young-ish defender who is more versatile, slightly younger than Caldara, and more importantly, has played crucial matches for this club at this stage of his career.
:agree:

I don't get where this idea has come from that Rugani has been a disappointment. He's been fighting for playing time behind some of the best CBs in football for 3 years.

This year he played Milan, Roma, Lazio, Inter away matches. Barcelona home match. We won 3, drew 2. Scored 6, conceded 2 goals in those 5 matches.

In 16-17 he played in Sevilla away, Roma, Inter, Milan home matches. We won all 5. Outscored our opponents 7-2 in those matches.

In 15-16 he played Napoli, Inter, Lazio home, Milan, Fiorentina away. We won all 5. Outscored our opponents 10-2.

We haven't lost a single match in 3 years against a top team with Rugani. In 3 years he has played 59 Serie A and CL matches for us. We have lost 3 of them.

With Rugani: 52 wins - 3 losses - 4 draws.

But he's disappointed. :howler:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

I don't get where this idea has come from that Rugani has been a disappointment. He's been fighting for playing time behind some of the best CBs in football for 3 years.

This year he played Milan, Roma, Lazio, Inter away matches. Barcelona home match. We won 3, drew 2. Scored 6, conceded 2 goals in those 5 matches.

In 16-17 he played in Sevilla away, Roma, Inter, Milan home matches. We won all 5. Outscored our opponents 7-2 in those matches.

In 15-16 he played Napoli, Inter, Lazio home, Milan, Fiorentina away. We won all 5. Outscored our opponents 10-2.

We haven't lost a single match in 3 years against a top team with Rugani. In 3 years he has played 59 Serie A and CL matches for us. We have lost 3 of them.

With Rugani: 54 wins - 3 losses - 4 draws.

You're starting to get to the @Alen level with your statistical arguments.

You are now one with the Force. May it be with you, always.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

With Rugani: 54 wins - 3 losses - 4 draws.

I think a part of the reason for the disappointment is because he is not deemed as aggressive enough.

Tell me. When you are being partnered up with Chiellini or Benatia, how aggressive can you afford to be?

I also think that unlike a lot of defenders who use physicality to dispossess his opponent, Rugani uses technique. There is a reason why he was such a stalwart at Empoli whilst not picking up a single yellow card for a full season.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
What are you talking about, we live in an era when young and promising players are way more expensive than established champions,
That's why a player like Donarumma is worthy of 120mil and Buffon left for free.

We rated Caldara higher than Rugani in our pecking order, and Rugani was valued for 55mil. So Caldara is worthy more than that...
It doesn't matter if Bonucci is better.
Like it doesn't matter that Chiellini is better than Romagnoli, the later would cost thrice the money to get
Yeah, I don't see how any of this has to do with my point? Swapping Caldara and Bonucci would make the club an accounting profit of 30 million in 2019. I'm surprised, I didn't think we had any trouble being in compliance with FFP. I don't see any other reason why we would do this.

Like I implied before, I'm not for this deal at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)