Mattia Caldara (8 Viewers)

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
1 thing I still question about the whole 3 way swap deal is no1 seems to think of Caldara's opinion. Can't he just say no? I mean why would he want to go to Milan unless maybe they offer him a huge pay raise

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
1 thing I still question about the whole 3 way swap deal is no1 seems to think of Caldara's opinion. Can't he just say no? I mean why would he want to go to Milan unless maybe they offer him a huge pay raise
Yes , they have apparently offered him a pay rise ...and more playing time

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
rumoured to be 2m.

- - - Updated - - -

he is Nesta fanboy (thus number 13 on his back), thats all u have to know.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
For me, I think that Bonucci is better than Benatia, who would have been the starting CB, not Caldara or Rugani.

So with that being said, it is feasible to state that Juve have improved their starting XI in three different areas (CB, RB, attack) . I would also go out on a limb and say that all around, this is certainly a better team than last year, and better than the one that made the CL Final 2 years ago.

We'll worry about the future when the time comes, my man.
it is a better team, ronaldo alone makes it better. but i still can't get over the fact that we're about to waste the best talent of the upcoming generation, we hand him to milan to form the potentially best defensive duo for the next 8 years. juve wasting italian talent for a player past his prime, that's not the juve i'd like to see. it is still a terrific mercato, but i would absolutely stick to caldara. offering barza a last, bonus year already backfired. my last hope is that we keep a recompra.

btw that's a +rep worthy post, but i have to spread.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
For me, I think that Bonucci is better than Benatia, who would have been the starting CB, not Caldara or Rugani.

So with that being said, it is feasible to state that Juve have improved their starting XI in three different areas (CB, RB, attack) . I would also go out on a limb and say that all around, this is certainly a better team than last year, and better than the one that made the CL Final 2 years ago.

We'll worry about the future when the time comes, my man.
Of course Bonucci is better than Benatia, but that should mean one comes in to replace the other, not to replace Caldara.
And yeah, I know, interest for Benatia is most likely non existing, so we're probably stuck with him anyways, but we have become such a short sighted club over the past 2 seasons.

It really beggars belief...

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
sorry, i meant italian duo. watch those 2 to be the standard cb pairing for the national team.
Not so sure about that. Bonucci will still be around for a couple more years at least.

If Caldara blossoms at Milan, i could see Bonucci-Caldara pairing at Euro 2020.

- - - Updated - - -

Either that or a Caldara-Bonucci-Romagnoli backline

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
sorry, i meant italian duo. watch those 2 to be the standard cb pairing for the national team.
Nah. Rugani will be better than Romagnoli in the end.

The only thing that makes this mercato a disaster imo, is if we go full retard and sell Rugani, our only other under 30 CB.

For all we know, management could have De Ligt lined up for next year when Barza retires/moves on, and then the loss of Caldara isn't really a big deal at all. Or maybe they rate Romagna far higher than we know. I mean, who really knows.

And be honest now. Have you really watched Caldara enough to say he's the best young Italian talent out there? He looks very good. But he also said himself he hasn't really played in a back 4 and he's looking forward to learning it. it's not like he's some finished product, and certainly wouldn't have been starting for us this year.

I am annoyed to bring Bonucci back because I dislike him for the last year immensely, and it sucks to lose an immensely promising Italian CB in Caldara, but as long as we aren't selling our starters, and aren't losing Rugani too, I will choose to trust that management has a plan for 2-3 years down the road in the post-Ronaldo+Chiellini era.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I really think Caldara has the potential to be special and losing him to an old rat like Bonucci is a mistake. But Rugani, of the same age, is the more established experienced CB and he's improving.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Nah. Rugani will be better than Romagnoli in the end.

And be honest now. Have you really watched Caldara enough to say he's the best young Italian talent out there? He said himself he hasn't really played in a back 4 and he's looking forward to learning it.
let's hope. all rugani needs is some ruthlessness and aggression, but that's very hard to learn if it won't come naturally. current rugani would be already a classy defender in the '80s, when football only started to be so physical.

i watched most atalanta el matches, and at least 10 serie a games just to see caldara. my cable supplier has 3 own sports channels, and they broadcasted the serie a and the el, too. as they got 3 channels, sometimes they showed 3 matches of either competitions simultaneously, so i was lucky enough to be able follow calrada from week to week. he's fucking good. no wonder that not a single italian fan fancied the idea of giving him away. he's very disciplined and intelligent in positioning, too, so moving to a back 4 shouldn't be a problem for him on the long run. he also has (had...?) chiellini and barzagli to directly learn from. his only weakness is his passing game. it's not that he gives away the ball too often, it's just that he's no bonucci or rugani (who's an excellent passer himself).

i still have some hope that we include recompra in his contract. milan might break his progress, though.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
let's hope. all rugani needs is some ruthlessness and aggression, but that's very hard to learn if it won't come naturally. current rugani would be already a classy defender in the '80s, when football only started to be so physical.

i watched most atalanta el matches, and at least 10 serie a games just to see caldara. my cable supplier has 3 own sports channels, and they broadcasted the serie a and the el, too. as they got 3 channels, sometimes they showed 3 matches of either competitions simultaneously, so i was lucky enough to be able follow calrada from week to week. he's fucking good. no wonder that not a single italian fan fancied the idea of giving him away. he's very disciplined and intelligent in positioning, too, so moving to a back 4 shouldn't be a problem for him on the long run. he also has (had...?) chiellini and barzagli to directly learn from. his only weakness is his passing game. it's not that he gives away the ball too often, it's just that he's no bonucci or rugani (who's an excellent passer himself).

i still have some hope that we include recompra in his contract. milan might break his progress, though.
Are you aware why he played only 2160 minutes in league for Atalanta? They rotated so much or what? I was suprised when i saw its close to what Rugani played for us (1936).

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Are you aware why he played only 2160 minutes in league for Atalanta? They rotated so much or what? I was suprised when i saw its close to what Rugani played for us (1936).
he had a couple of minor injuries and they didn't rush him back i guess. also, he played all el matches, at least as a sub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)