Mattia Caldara (7 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I understand that a lot of people are really upsete about this, and I get it.

If it were up to me, I would have accepted Bonucci + Cash for Higuain, sold Benatia, and called it a day.

But the minute that CR7 signed here, it was obvious that we are in "win now" mode, and that Juve will cross the bridge of future players when they come to it.

This team is trying to win the CL now. Not three year4s from now.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'll give you one. One that I believe that we have a buyback option with @Mark.

Filippo Romagna.

And do they HAVE to be Italian? You're not giving our scouting department any credit whatsoever in being able to find players.
i rate him, but he's nothing special compared to caldara, wasn't any special for cagliari. i would be surprised if he would ever play for juve.

all successful juventus teams had plenty of italians on board. that's part of the club's identity. the club should absolutely hold on to these talents, not give them away to milan.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I understand that a lot of people are really upsete about this, and I get it.

If it were up to me, I would have accepted Bonucci + Cash for Higuain, sold Benatia, and called it a day.

But the minute that CR7 signed here, it was obvious that we are in "win now" mode, and that Juve will cross the bridge of future players when they come to it.

This team is trying to win the CL now. Not three year4s from now.
nobody guarantees you the cl. throwing away caldara for bonucci is simply shortsighted. i am 100% positive we are making a bad deal.

we won't win the cl with bonucci in the starting lineup.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i rate him, but he's nothing special compared to caldara, wasn't any special for cagliari. i would be surprised if he would ever play for juve.

all successful juventus teams had plenty of italians on board. that's part of the club's identity. the club should absolutely hold on to these talents, not give them away to milan.
He played nearly a full season in Serie A as a 20 year old. That is pretty impressive. For Comparison's sake, a 20 year old Caldara was playing in Serie B.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,168
    I'll give you one. One that I believe that we have a buyback option with @Mark.

Filippo Romagna.

And do they HAVE to be Italian? You're not giving our scouting department any credit whatsoever in being able to find players.
    let's see how he does this year. Looked promising with the Primavera and he too with damn injuries.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    nobody guarantees you the cl. throwing away caldara for bonucci is simply shortsighted. i am 100% positive we are making a bad deal.

But we would with Benatia, or Cladara in the starting lineup?

What the fuck was the point of signing CR7 if not for trying to win the CL in the next couple of years?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Your username is CR 7 yet you are criticising the club for signing the best player in the world
    :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

What???

Hang on.

What???

How in the fuck am I criticizing Juve for signing CR7?

Read what I wrote again, and tell me where I am criticizing them
    Reading comprehension on point.

- - - Updated - - -

mistake to buy him or when his parents didn't abort him
    Such Badass comment. Much wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Bookmarked.

And :lol: at the last bit. We've been so much closer without him post-calciopoli.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    But we would with Benatia, or Cladara in the starting lineup?

What the fuck was the point of signing CR7 if not for trying to win the CL in the next couple of years?
    as far as our cb's go, i wouldn't have given barzagli an other year, and would have done everything to sign godin. caldara and rugani would have played plenty in serie a, and chiellini, godin and benatia would have been good enough for the cl run. in 3 years, caldara would have been our best defender.

also, with this midfield it would be a miracle to win the cl.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
    mistake to buy him or when his parents didn't abort him
    2nd part is too much, higuain is nice guy, but we don't need nice guy here, we need the killers, we need the el skellutor like cavani no nice guy, vampire like suarez, super villain like CR7, extortionist like Benzema, karakta like :chin:

higuain like to laugh and make the people feel good, he needs to be like mandzo and mirko tell defender i fack your mother, that is biggest flaw.

if he had 1% of mandzo's or mirko's grit he'd be WC, he'd be Batistuta 2.0, but he has mental defect like messi had physical defect, perfect #9 #10 duo

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    as far as our cb's go, i wouldn't have given barzagli an other year, and would have done everything to sign godin. caldara and rugani would have played plenty in serie a, and chiellini, godin and benatia would have been good enough for the cl run. in 3 years, caldara would have been our best defender.

also, with this midfield it would be a miracle to win the cl.

Didn't Godin re-sign with Atletico? The release fee was more than reasonable, but there was no way Juve were going to activate it if Godin had no intention of leaving Atletico. Otherwise, I would agree with you

Are you familiar with the saying "A High tide lifts all boats"?

Is there a higher tide in football than CR7?

R&Be

Jul 27, 2018
    he 100% won't be a "new nesta"

imo defenders nowadays are way way worse at defending than they used to be. there aren't many good old school defenders like chiellini, barzagli. nowadays good CBs are meh defenders by 90s standards but they can pass slightly better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)