Mattia Caldara (5 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Young defender ready to play for Juventus
In an interview for Corriere Dello Sport (via Football Italia), young Juventus centre-back Mattia Caldara has said that he is going to continue to focus on his on-loan club Atalanta for the rest of the season, knowing that his future lies with the Bianconeri.

“My path has been mapped out, but I don’t think about it.

“I’ll work to improve myself because I want to arrive in Turin ready, it’ll be an important stage in my career and I can’t get it wrong.

“I know my life will change, but I’ve already had two experiences [Trapani and Cesena] outside of Atalanta, and I’m not living with my parents this year in any case so the distance from Bergamo won’t be a problem.

“I’ll have to prove I’m worthy of Juve, but right now I’m focused on Atalanta.”

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Caldara: Always watch Juve games | Football Italia

Atalanta defender Mattia Caldara admits he has been watching Juventus’ games as he bids “to be ready for June.”

Caldara will join Juve next summer, having been transferred to the Bianconeri at the start of the year, and the 23-year-old is forging a reputation as a goalscoring centre-back after scoring in Atalanta’s 3-3 draw with Lazio and seeing another disallowed.

“Disallowed goal? I’m sorry because we could’ve taken the three points with it, but we faced a great Lazio side and we couldn’t win,” he told Domenica Sportiva.

“Goalscoring defender? I think about defending first, but if a goal comes after, that’s great.

“The Coach always tells me that defenders don’t look for second balls in the box, yet I stay inside trying to score. The game went well and I scored.

“Europa League helpful? Yes because you face teams that always want to attack, so you get used to playing teams at higher levels than many of the Italian ones. It’s helped us a lot.

“Do I watch Juventus’ games? Yes, I certainly do. I have to be ready for June. Playing in front of strikers my best quality? It’s something that the Coach helped me with.

“He asked me to always play in front of my marker and never behind them. The Coach has helped me so much.”

- - - Updated - - -

:touched:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If you’re Rugani and you see this kid excelling, are you nervous?

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like Rugani-Caldara will be the future duo for both Juve and Italy.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
From next season Caldara will start as the fourth defender and has to earn his spot, it's always the same for new recruits. As for Rugani he will be the third defender barring some sway in form between he and Benatia, but if he has a string of games and shows continual improvement than yes that partnership is there for the future.

Both Rugani and Caldara seem like thinkers, along the lines of Chiellini or Barzagli in that respect, so their future is mapped out provided they can show the immediate quality and growth required. Playing in defence for Juve is a cut throat business, someone like Bonucci was probably one more mediocre season away from playing for Fiorentina before Conte came in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)