Mattia Caldara (3 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Again, this sounds like Bonucci 2.0

Except unlike Bonucci, Caldara is not needed right away. He has another 18 months to ply his trade with Atalanta.

And I knew this Cronios love affair with Marotta was way too good to be true :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Fine timing as usual, Cron, considering that Inter signed Gagliardini from Atalanta for a similar kind of fee with bonuses an entire day before we signed Caldara. The difference with them is that they need players now - we're good and stacked in that position, Inter are not good and need Italians.
Attackers are expensive, because they are rare and can make the difference, midfielders are not as expensive as them and defenders are even less expensive. They overpayed as well, but less so because he is a midfielder and as you said, because they actually need him now and when you want a starter in the middle of the season, when tge market is lethargic and it is harder to find a successor, you might pay more.
I believe that they will regret that move, but they had to gamble, we dont.
With those 25 mil at hand for 6 years, an opportunity would arise for a player of greater quality at the end of his contract, or maybe a new even better talent.
Beppe might of course have some special reasons to buy someone from this generation, maybe he has calculated that is exactly the age the Chiellini successor must have.
Italians defenders used to be the best in world and Italy had a continous production of super defenders, but after Chiellini and Barza, it seems that thats it. Buying the best domestic product of a generation is not what it used to be. There was a time that this was true but not anymore. With 25 mil at hand today we can get better and proven CBs from Germany, France and Holland.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Attackers are expensive, because they are rare and can make the difference, midfielders are not as expensive as them and defenders are even less expensive. They overpayed as well, but less so because he is a midfielder and as you said, because they actually need him now and when you want a starter in the middle of the season, when tge market is lethargic and it is harder to find a successor, you might pay more.
I believe that they will regret that move, but they had to gamble, we dont.
Obviously. That's why we paid €90m for Higuain aged 29.

With those 25 mil at hand for 6 years, an opportunity would arise for a player of greater quality at the end of his contract, or maybe a new even better talent.
Beppe might of course have some special reasons to buy someone from this generation, maybe he has calculated that is exactly the age the Chiellini successor must have.
Italians defenders used to be the best in world and Italy had a continous production of super defenders, but after Chiellini and Barza, it seems that thats it. Buying the best domestic product of a generation is not what it used to be. There was a time that this was true but not anymore. With 25 mil at hand today we can get better and proven CBs from Germany, France and Holland.
You're just repeating lines from a few years ago because you ended up badly wrong about Bonucci. I'd wish you better luck for next time, but that would be to the detriment of Juventus.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Cronios is peaking again.

25m for one of the best CBs on the planet years ago when we got him is nothing. History is not Cronios's friend.

Jun 6, 2015
Also good young center backs are in no way cheaper than good young midfielders nowadays, actually looking at recent transfers they are probably costlier. The reason being that there is a lack of good promising center backs while there are loads of promising mids.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Cronios is peaking again.

25m for one of the best CBs on the planet years ago when we got him is nothing. History is not Cronios's friend.
We only paid €15.5m for Bonucci though, don't let Croniospeak become reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Also good young center backs are in no way cheaper than good young midfielders nowadays, actually looking at recent transfers they are probably costlier. The reason being that there is a lack of good promising center backs while there are loads of promising mids.
He's also ignoring that these are domestic players, a premium for leading teams in any league.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We only paid €15.5m for Bonucci though, don't let Croniospeak become reality.

- - - Updated - - -

He's also ignoring that these are domestic players, a premium for leading teams in any league.
Was referring to Crondollars

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
When did I see Cronios criticize and wrongly calculate the price tag of a young Italian defender before?

Deja Vu I guess.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
He turn out a little expensive for someone who only played a few games in the first team but if we look at those PL rumours about defenders (specially Serie A ones), he's a gift.

So far he looks amazing

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
And it's not clear if the price is 25 mil.
15 mil.we will pay in 4 installments .
6mil from us in bonuses.
I just don't understand that 4 mil. paying structure.He'is playing for Atalanta and there is a 4 mil. bonus ?
Who is paying that?A little strange.He is playing for Atalanta the next 18 months and we are paying the bonuses?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Nice signing. :tup:

Because we are committing today 21-25 mil for a player that might become remotely (subber) useful at september 2018, while we could have Sorensen and Masa for free and if they would fail and this boy would hold his promise, we could get him when he would be ready for a price of about 30mil
Weak troll is weak.

There is only one Bonucci. @Klin
Fact.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Does it matter whether he costs 15m or 25m? It's not like we're poor. I can't believe people lose their shit over fees like this one while we spent 90m on Higuain last Summer :D

It's normal for us to pay higher fees these days because clubs know we have the money. All that matters we land players that are worth it or have upside to become great. Marotta and Paratici have a very good record with these so far so I'm very relaxed over this deal. If we value the kid so much, he has to be special. I personally like him, he's different to Rugani and probably those two will be our starters once BBC are gone.

I mean, we should be past crying about fees - it's not 2011 anymore. People want our team to be competitive and at the same time think about the future so how are we going to achieve this without spending? In Italy the other teams seem to be more competitive, at least when it comes to the market. Inter is back to their old days when they spent huge amounts of money and Milan will get there soon too. Napoli and Roma seem to be more stable now, it will take us more effort to fight them off.

These days I don't even care how much we spent on a player tbh. I mean I won't even be surprised if we land Verratti for 70-80m next Summer and/or Tolisso for like 40m. If we consider a player worth it, we'll pay the money and that's it. I'm enjoying it all while it lasts because we have competent management and we keep winning - these things should never be taken for granted.

BTW. Some people should have already learnt their lesson with the Bonucci case but hey, the history likes to repeat itself I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)