Matthijs de Ligt (45 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
If we replace him with Bremer, a better defender, no issue here. However, figures should have been higher. But we would spend 40m on Bremer, which leaves us with enough money for another defender, like Milenkovic. Our backline going into next season might be stronger after all this.

- - - Updated - - -

Chiellini, Dybala, and De Ligt gone. There is no player I like left in Juve. It's finally time to be Man City supporter. Juve will be my second team.
Tf is this shit?

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
We were desperate to sell and then desperate to boy. We ooze desperation. The germans we're confident from day one.
Bremer is a good signing, even though we overpaid it was supposed to be a good day, but them figures have dampened that feeling.
I certainly agree we overpaid for bremer but can't understand the moaning over de ligt transfer as the difference is three million euros from the reported transfer numbers.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Something just doesn't add up...

We buy de Ligt for €85m in 2019:
  • Unproven in top league
  • 19 years old

We sell de Ligt for €67m in 2022:
  • 87 Serie A games
  • 18 additional CL games

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 18.44.53.png

You can't argue we got the right price for him. You can argue we overpaid back in 2019..

Mar 10, 2009
Sad to see him go, a huge talent and will be a beast of a defender for 10+ years.

But let's be honest, we all knew he was just going to be here for some years - non italian and with raiola as an agent...
If we get Bremer, i don't think it's a huge downgrade and we can save a lot of money, so overall i feel positive about it.
To be fair, Juventus have terrible since he joined. Had we performed well he would have likely stayed.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I mean I like de Ligt but he's not the generational defender everyone thought he was.
Not hard to see him go really - i'm more excited to follow Bremer now. Bayern still made a good buy. €67m is a great price

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
To be fair, Juventus have terrible since he joined. Had we performed well he would have likely stayed.
That's it IMO!!! Get off the sinking ship while you can. Surprised not slightly more transfer money but since we got Bremer (probably not without selling MDL) I rather start NOW with a new CB than go over all the MDL drama again next summer.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I understand why he was sold, but wow. What an underwhelming sale price. I really don't understand why there wasn't more of a bidding war for him, especially from oil clubs.
70M+ for a center back is the opposite of underwhelming imo. I'm surprised there are still clubs willing to pay that much for that position.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
he joined because of CR7 convincing him to join after the Nations league finals. after ronaldo's departure, it was obvious he is goner.
thats why bayern bending us over the table coz he asked to leave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)