Matthijs de Ligt (19 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
People will always underrate De Ligt, especially now, so it doesn’t matter. I don’t blame him for wanting to move, he’s not a dumb guy and can see the writing on the wall that we are spinning our wheels. Although, one can say he might be dumb for wanting to come here in the first place. :think:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Why does he even want to leave? He's paid well in Juventus and is a starter from what I've seen.
It's very easy to understand why he's leaving actually. I think the will for sale is mutual. He wants 'an upgrade' and the club sees no way forward with him anymore. I mean, he's got 2 years left of his contract and makes ~12m net here. How do you renew him? Especially considering the fact the club has been purging high earners left and right for two seasons now.
Sure, he's a top talent and he's still ahead of his prime but the current management would have never signed him in the first place. Not for the fee that was paid and the salary he makes.

I'd say he's EPL bound considering the costs and the current management knows they can replace him with someone more affordable, like Bremer who is a top CB in Serie A.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
What does that say about the 'project' when one of the valuable figure wants to exit. No no, I already know :baus:
Giving de ligt 12 million salary and 85 million was already a bad start to the project.
That's why dybala probably asked for 10 million.
If mister handball gets 12 why doesn't he merit 10 and dybala was arguably a more important player than de ligt, when available.

Now turn off de ligt so he can be someone else's problem.

- - - Updated - - -

People will always underrate De Ligt, especially now, so it doesn’t matter. I don’t blame him for wanting to move, he’s not a dumb guy and can see the writing on the wall that we are spinning our wheels. Although, one can say he might be dumb for wanting to come here in the first place. :think:
The only dumb guy in this situation is Paratici who single-handedly buried us with this transfer and Ronaldo.
The smart guys are raiola and de ligt who got what they didn't deserve in the first place.
Colateral damage is Juve who stagnated or declined in quality all over the pitch.

Last edited:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
The only dumb guy in this situation is Paratici who single-handedly buried us with this transfer and Ronaldo.
Grubby one-eyed Interista buried JJ long before Tici laid his (admittedly incompetent) hands on it

Beppe put JJ 6ft under
Tici put JJ 12ft under
Bene and Bini 18ft under

Press S to spit

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Based on how players and their agents operate. Also based on how Juventus works, he asks to leave, we played hard ball by rejecting low offers but in the end it has been the case recently that the players will prevails.

He didn't ask to elave actually we told him to leave, there's nothing to suggest from past dealing that this mgmt is like you describe, quite the opposite actually. Plus we have leverage, his contract is up in 2 years.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
How about maybe we are just using our close ties with our buddy Salihamidzic to raise the price for Chelsea and make the most out of this one. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Wishful thinking ofc, but i doubt we will agree to letting him go to a lower bidder, regardless of the player’s will, the way i see it i think we are on a mission to recoup as much as possible on him because every million will count when we still have multiple purchases of our own to complete.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Bayern's relationship with us in the transfer market is like our relationship with Fiorentina

Seeing us bend over and sell him for like €50M + bonuses won't be surprising at all

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
We always overpay to Viola, no? :D From Felipe Melo to Berna to arguably Vlahovic?
Maybe but we got a hold over them and their players.

I get the same vibe when Bayern come knocking for our players.

Remains to be seen if BiniBene do a Beppe, get intimidated by Bayern and bend over. Tell them to pay up or fuck off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)