Matthijs de Ligt (35 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think the transfer is driven by his contract expiring in a couple of seasons and this being the last chance to maximise the fee.

I don't get the impression he is heavily pushing for a move but is open to interesting offers. His time here likely hadn't been particularly enjoyable from a sporting perspective and given our squad issues there is no guarantee we'll get back to winning next season which must be a factor.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He’s gonna be looking for a way to come back once he, like many others, realize the grass usually isn't greener on the other side. Can’t wait to see premheads turn on him after his first handball in the box.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I think the transfer is driven by his contract expiring in a couple of seasons and this being the last chance to maximise the fee.

I don't get the impression he is heavily pushing for a move but is open to interesting offers. His time here likely hadn't been particularly enjoyable from a sporting perspective and given our squad issues there is no guarantee we'll get back to winning next season which must be a factor.
I don’t think it’s hard to imagine that that’s the main reason why he’s pushing for an exit.

I’m a huge fan of Matthijs, but if he wants out then he can go, however, only for top dollar.

OP

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
  • Thread Starter #5,048
    What does that say about the 'project' when one of the valuable figure wants to exit. No no, I already know :baus:

OP

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
  • Thread Starter #5,055
    Some players wanna leave, some wanna come. Doesn’t say anything really.
    I actually want him to leave, but imo we're not showing ambition and him wanting to leave does show he doesn't believe in the project. But if thats whats needed to rebuild and we do it step by step we'll see.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
    I actually want him to leave, but imo we're not showing ambition and him wanting to leave does show he doesn't believe in the project. But if thats whats needed to rebuild and we do it step by step we'll see.
    It was probably his plan from the start, stay in Italy for two or three years to learn from the best defenders and then go to England.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    Over valued, way overvalued, i am 100% for this move if we recoup our investment, you can get someone to perform as good or better for half the price.
    I agree, just makes me wonder why Chelsea or any other club would wanna drop 70m+ on him, especially when you consider the position he plays and how the game has evolved in recent years. Doesn't seem like a very good investment, but I guess they have money to burn?

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
    I agree, just makes me wonder why Chelsea or any other club would wanna drop 70m+ on him, especially when you consider the position he plays and how the game has evolved in recent years. Doesn't seem like a very good investment, but I guess they have money to burn?
    They spend 113m on 28yo Lukaku last mercato, don't expect common sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)