Matthijs de Ligt (15 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
it's important to note every single defender you mentioned is better than him is also older than him by a significant amount of years. only bastoni is one year older.

age matters for cbs a lot.
Agreed, but De Ligts prime years will be when he ages, and at that point he won’t be a Juve player as he has no intention to sign a new deal. So the options are cash in now for good money, next year for a big loss or lose him on a free. It’s time to sell him

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 29, 2006
It's actually Juve that should learn from RM, to not buy a teenager CB after one great season for a monstrous fee, which is not applicable even for already developed world class CBs and offering giant salary on top of that
To a certain extent that too. But we made the leap for a WC talent and I can't blame the management for that, especially as a fan. What they were thinking financially is another matter, yet some loyalty from an overpaid player might go a long way. Its easy to say bring more top talent so we can compete for UCL and I will stay too, but our budget has been enormous for what we have achieved.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Interesting situation. I'm sure the above mentioned offer from Chelsea is the usual anti Juve bullshit.
Unlike Ronaldo, De Ligt is far from a position in which he can dictate us what to do.
In a world where clubs like Southampton (Van Dijk), Leicester (Maguire), Atletico (Hernandez) sell their CBs for 80mln, we are to settle for 50mln with MDL?
The voices about Matthijs renewal have been around for a while now. So unless he's had some sudden change of heart for which I don't see a reason, the club and him already know what they're going to do. Meaning either selling or keeping. If it's the former, I'd think we have already been looking around for alternatives.

I agree with the majority of you guys that we should sell if an offer of 100mln should come. If it doesn't, keep him even if it means going to a final year of his contract next summer.
In the meantime, buy his replacement NOW so that we can integrate that player easily.

I'm not worried we would be forced to sell the Dutch for 40mln next year because hands are tied. If that was the price it would create a huge demand for him which would naturally elevate the fee.

I agree with you guys he hasn't lived up to the expectations of becoming the Mbappe of defenders. I mean, he's not even a regular for mediocre Dutch NT ffs.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

I remember majority of us at the time thinking that this was primarily targeted at Dybala, however now looking at it in hindsight it might have been just as true for De Ligt too.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course knowing that Raiola was his agent he was also never really out of this equation, just that maybe we didn't expect him to show his true colors and want to leave this soon.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010

I remember majority of us at the time thinking that this was primarily targeted at Dybala, however now looking at it in hindsight it might have been just as true for De Ligt too.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course knowing that Raiola was his agent he was also never really out of this equation, just that maybe we didn't expect him to show his true colors and want to leave this soon.
TBF if he was attached to his agent, he would probably run out his contract and leave for free. I like that we as club try to solve this matter when he still has two years and that he is clear with us with his plans. This way we can make bofh sides happy, we receive good fee and he continues his career where he wants.
If we would drag it to the next mercato things could get dirty for both sides.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

- - - Updated - - -

This is business and money .... everyone attached to money especially young with potential... wrong or right no body care ...Mbappe is your example

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
TBF if he was attached to his agent, he would probably run out his contract and leave for free. I like that we as club try to solve this matter when he still has two years and that he is clear with us with his plans. This way we can make bofh sides happy, we receive good fee and he continues his career where he wants.
If we would drag it to the next mercato things could get dirty for both sides.
I wouldn't go as far as to associate that being attached to the agent automatically equals leaving for a free...

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Where are the Milenkovic links at? Wasnt he valued at a miserly 10m not too long ago?

Would actually prefer him over many other possible replacements for MDL. The Inter links seemed to have cool off a bit, and that annual Fiorentina raid by Juve is always good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)