Matthijs de Ligt (30 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Juventus = a glorified version of Dortmund.

We just have to come to terms with the stepping stone club we support in this current climate.
You got to that conclusion because of Juve selling De Ligt? Seriously? I mean all of us were hyped about him when he came here and been as patient as we could possibly be given the high expectations that Juventus put in him but fast forward three years since then and i hardly imagine anyone here actually shedding a tear if he does decide to leave.

Cashing in while we still can on an overpaid player that was always destined to leave anyway because of his greedy agent’s demands is hardly an indication of us being a stepping stone club, even more so if he is the one pushing for it due to us planning to reduce his wages to reflect his contributions more accurately.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
You got to that conclusion because of Juve selling De Ligt? Seriously? I mean all of us were hyped about him when he came here and been as patient as we could possibly be given the high expectations that Juventus put in him but fast forward three years since then and i hardly imagine anyone here actually shedding a tear if he does decide to leave.

Cashing in while we still can on an overpaid player that was always destined to leave anyway because of his greedy agent’s demands is hardly an indication of us being a stepping stone club, even more so if he is the one pushing for it due to us planning to reduce his wages to reflect his contributions more accurately.
Not selling him now would mean a missed opportunity, just like with Sandro back in 2017 before he became sh*t.

May 23, 2013
He's had three average seasons at the club, not sure why everyone is going crazy. Couldn't care less about him going tbh. It's a shame that Inter and Milan have defenders of the quality of Tomori, Bastoni and De Vrij while our jewel in the crown has been De Ligt these few years. Time to get a defender who can defend again.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
De Shitz is no Cannavaro, Nesta or Maldini.

For 100 million, you drive him to the airport, give him a Piaget, a nice Amarone, and wish him all the best.

- - - Updated - - -

So you want us to sell him for 50 million? Fucking ridiculous proposal.

Fagjinho is worth a can of diet coke and a pack of salted peanuts from Ryan Air.

- - - Updated - - -

dont forget Palmieri !
i-wanna-go-the-moon-kick.gif

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Two sides to the story here. Financials and on field.

Financially we are crazy not to accept 100m. Plus it would align with lowering the ridiculous wages we have on the books at the moment. His salary does not fit within the parameters anymore. He wants to lower his buyout clause which clearly suggests his heart is not with the club long term. His value would decline by almost 40 percent over the next couple of seasons.

On field, we don't want to lose one of the best young CBs in the world. However this market does have quality CBs looking to leave their club.

For me it is all about the strategy behind the sale and what we do with 100m. We need a zidane leaving type scenario...bring in quality and rebuild the team. We can't have a pogba scenario...where we didn't replace him at all.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
If we sold Chiesa I would be mad, if we sold Vlahovic (if he becomes what we hope) I would be mad.

De Ligt? No im for it 100%. He is good but not special, 3 seasons for us and did not ourshine the best CBs in Serie A. We overpaid for that CB position thinking we got the Mbappe of defenders, but he is not. Still he he is a class player don't get me wrong, but he can be replaced, and we should sell him and invest the money smart.

De Ligt we know from the start this would happen, I cold see Chiesa, Locatelli and even Vlahovic be loyal to our shirt, De Ligt never, it was clear from day 1, so let's move on.

Sell him expensive, go all in to hijack the deal for Bremer (Inter have a deal with him, but let's but pressure on the deal) the deal is tied to Skriniars future, let's see what happens. If not then Koulibaly is a order but class replacement. Hard deals, but not impossible.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
We overpaid for this guy for sure , but we can't blame management here , he was 19 y old most wanted CB across europe , but tbh he didn't live his hype , i thought he would do way better , he is talented for sure , and he might be world class one day but he isn't there yet , but we are paying him alot , Juve can't afford this , if somehow we can lower his salary i would be totally okay with him staying , i really think he has potential to be world class .

Last 3 years i can name alot of CBs in serie a who were better than him , starting from Chiellini,Koulibaly,De Vrij,Skriniar , last year Bremer,Tomori,Bastoni all perfromed better than De Ligt .

If he stays i'm okay with that , but if we sell for 75-80mln E i would be happy , specially if we get one of Koulibaly / Bremer .

EDIT : We should not accept that shitty offer from Chelsea , fuck Werner .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)