Matthijs de Ligt (51 Viewers)

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
No, but he's going to, regardless of what you and I want. He's actually going to captain the side, and Allegri trusts him.
Well Allegri might trust him but i don't , if De Ligt stays i really think we should go for another CB (Bremer or KK) , if De Ligt goes we should go for 2 , Bonucci shouldn't start .

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Lmao people acting like he has been great, don’t worry none will pay his release clause, if he wasn’t Juve player and Juve wanted him I would’ve been mad if we paid anything more than 50m .

If he doesn’t improve this season we should sell him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He hasnt been good I agree but the entire team has been poor too. Its hard to judge in those situations. Bonucci was a terrible defender when we first got him (as was the entire team) there was a while where we though Ranochia is better and then boom the next season Conte fixes the defense and he becomes a key part of one of the strongest defenses in the world with Italy and Juve. Then goes to a broken Milan and his level drops again, then comes back to Juve and somewhat improves and again hits peak form with Italy just last Euros while shitting the bed with Juve before/after.

With defenders especially its so hard to judge if its the player or the system because there is less room for individualism compared to a forward for example. De ligt can leave and join a healthy defensive unit and look like a 100 mill player again. Varane can go to United and overnight look like Rugani.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
He hasnt been good I agree but the entire team has been poor too. Its hard to judge in those situations. Bonucci was a terrible defender when we first got him (as was the entire team) there was a while where we though Ranochia is better and then boom the next season Conte fixes the defense and he becomes a key part of one of the strongest defenses in the world with Italy and Juve. Then goes to a broken Milan and his level drops again, then comes back to Juve and somewhat improves and again hits peak form with Italy just last Euros while shitting the bed with Juve before/after.

With defenders especially its so hard to judge if its the player or the system because there is less room for individualism compared to a forward for example. De ligt can leave and join a healthy defensive unit and look like a 100 mill player again. Varane can go to United and overnight look like Rugani.
Don't get me wrong after Chiesa , De Ligt is my favorite in this current squad , but tbh he didn't live up his name , our terrible squad didn't help .
But i remember Chiellini back in 2008/2010 even our squad was terribe he still had some great games .
And yes i would like to keep De Ligt , but i don't care if we sell him for something like 80mln , but again i would rather have him here .

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Matthijs de Ligt: “There are talks ongoing between me and Juventus. Once the right moment arrives, I will decide to extend or to look further”, tells @NOS. #Juve Current deal expires in June 2024 - in case of new deal, the release clause would be lowered [current one €120m].

[@FabrizioRomano]

- - - Updated - - -

Matthijs de Ligt has confirmed that he is in talks with Juventus over a new contract but stressed that he has not yet decided whether to sign it.
"Talks are being held and, when the time comes, I will decide whether I will extend or whether I want to look elsewhere," he said.
"I always look at what is best for myself in terms of sporting project. Fourth place, two years in a row, is not good enough. We will have to make steps in that direction."
https://www.90min.com/posts/matthijs-de-ligt-refuses-to-commit-to-new-juventus-contract

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
I like him, but not 75 million euros like him. In the end just look around Serie A.

Bastoni, Skriniar, Koulibaly, Tomori, De Vrij, Kalulu, our past/present CBs Benatia, Barzagli, Chiellini, Bonucci was not close to 75 million euros. It comes down to scouting, you can find great CBs for good prices.

If someone where do offer 75 million euros + for De Ligt I would let him go. Get one great CB like Koulibaly if possible or hijack the Bremer deal. Then get one cheaper.

De Ligt is great and can become better, but so far has he lived up to the hype? A generational talent costing a fortune? No I don't think so.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
This club has no backbone so I wouldn't be surprised if they offer a contract with a lowered release clause like the rumours suggest
I have hope after the dybala episode, but ny biggest gripe with the mgmt is their prioritizing of the bottom line over everything, so they won't answer this nonsense for fearing of such acting costing them money, but it really does send the wrong message everyone within and iut

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
This works both ways Matthijs. Juve had some below par seasons in a row, but it is not as though his own level was consistently high. Far from it. If he feels he deserves better, he can indeed see himself out.

Juve was always a stepping stone from his perspective. We can offer him the captaincy and everything, but that would just confirm for him that he reached the highest level at Juve and is outlearned here.

Would prefer to keep him here for another season or two, because we dont want to be replacing our whole squad in one summer.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
As if De Ligt didn't have great games here. Ffs people are like goldfish sometimes
Who said he didn’t have good games ? Absolutely none , don’t say things none said.

Truth be told he wasn’t better than Chiellini,Skriniar,De Vrij,Koulibaly since he arrived here .

Last season he was outperformed by Bremer,Skriniar,Bastoni,Tomori,Chiellini even freaking Kalulu had better season, he should stfu and work , he didn’t live his potential.

If somehow someone is stupid enough to pay 80m for him , and we can sign Koulibaly and Bremer for that amount of money I don’t even care about him .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)