Matthijs de Ligt (31 Viewers)

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
we need to expect better, for one he needs to have patience he gets drawn out of position way too much for a CB and experienced guys like Chiellini and Bonucci have been able to cope to a degree but a new/rookie center half paired with him could be shaky even if a decent buy.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Lmao people acting like he has been great, don’t worry none will pay his release clause, if he wasn’t Juve player and Juve wanted him I would’ve been mad if we paid anything more than 50m .

If he doesn’t improve this season we should sell him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I cant blame him. Most of the time he had to play with freaking Bonucci. Even Nesta would turn into shit if he had played 3 seasons alongside asstackle.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Sell to EPL sign koulibaly, Bremer and SMS

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
I doubt we are going for both Koulibaly and Bremer as I suspect only one will arrive should we sell MDL.
As for now - There are links but it seems more of other players than these two.

As for what we should do with 80M - Koulibaly should be signed first. then we take the money and improve our team - LW CM CF - only depends on where you want to allocate the money.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
In my opinion the new release clause should still be nowhere near under €100M tbf. It’s not like in case he afterwards wants a way out we would somehow force him to stay if someone negotiates with us and offers something in the €80M region,which is what the new clause is rumored to be, just that with Juventus being bypassed and risking to lose him for less than what his market value might be in a couple of years time, for an amount that we would probably be open to negotiate around anyway, against the whole point of what the release clause should be in this context.

Only way i would see the management even giving this a thought is if in the renewal his wages would also be cut by quite a considerable margin to presumably match the new wage structure, or otherwise i guess it means they just don’t believe at all that anyone will at any point during this time be willing to offer more than that for him anyway.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
De Ligt will never be worth more than 100m. The fee we paid was a huge overpay. No defender will ever be worth that much, they simply don't make big enough of a difference compared to midfielders and strikers.

If we can get 85.5 release clause, the fee we paid for him, in cash in one payment then I would gladly let him go. Not this summer ofc, too much work already to be done, but in the future he can leave.

80m release clause works in our favor too, because 125m is too much and nobody will pay that, you will always have to negotiate and accept delayed payments etc meanwhile De Ligt won't extend and you risk losing him for free.

With 80m it is an acceptable number for many clubs and you don't have to negotiate. Pay the clause, you have the player

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
De Ligt will never be worth more than 100m. The fee we paid was a huge overpay. No defender will ever be worth that much, they simply don't make big enough of a difference compared to midfielders and strikers.

If we can get 85.5 release clause, the fee we paid for him, in cash in one payment then I would gladly let him go. Not this summer ofc, too much work already to be done, but in the future he can leave.

80m release clause works in our favor too, because 125m is too much and nobody will pay that, you will always have to negotiate and accept delayed payments etc meanwhile De Ligt won't extend and you risk losing him for free.

With 80m it is an acceptable number for many clubs and you don't have to negotiate. Pay the clause, you have the player
Shouldn't it be on our terms rather than his terms? And there is no gurantee that we will sell him for the same fees as the release clause due to our hands tied position.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Shouldn't it be on our terms rather than his terms? And there is no gurantee that we will sell him for the same fees as the release clause due to our hands tied position.
I don't think we mind his terms.

Important thing is to now extend him, move the deadline a year or two forward. If he doesn't extend this summer we would have to sell him right away.

And yes, some clubs would still balk at 80m, but it is much easier to pay than 125m which will never ever happen.

80m is still a big plusvalenza for us

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I fully agree with everything else but i still fail to see how someone being able to pay the release clause and take the player away without us having anything to say about it would be in any way good for us because if anyone will ever be interested in paying anywhere near that sum for him than it means that he will likely be playing well and living up to his potential.... which would see us left with another big gap to fill and without the possibility of making the most of it out of a potential bidding war.

Once again, if he were to ask to leave, i doubt that we wouldn't be open to negotiate a sum around €70-80M rather than keep an unhappy player around, while the release clause could be there as an insurance for a sum around €90-100M for anyone who wants to skip the negotiations with us.

Anyway, i guess only time will tell how this one pans out, i just hope Juventus gets the upper hand out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)